Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 19:28   #781
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

I see that the Jopasu duster can't be used on wet surfaces. Is there a product that I can use to clean the car with water/shampoo. I am currently using a cloth but I am afraid it would leave marks over a period of time, more so as I have a black car.
Old 20th June 2012, 19:42   #782
BHPian

For those in and around Velachery, the duster is available at Friends car accessories in Pallikaranai especially at their shop on Pallavaram Thuraipakkam road (before Kamakchi hospital)
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:37   #783
BHPian

Any idea where all will this be available in bangalore (near to Marathahalli). a bit lazy . Have not yet called the Jopasu contact posted previosly. Ebay price is 575
Jopasu Car Duster | eBay
(alas do not have any discount vouchers currently), if anybody has bought this offline (in bangalore) can that information please be shared.
Old 22nd June 2012, 19:22   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Any idea where all will this be available in bangalore (near to Marathahalli). if anybody has bought this offline (in bangalore) can that information please be shared.
It was available with Reliance Autozone in their branches at KH double road and Basavanagudi. I had bought it around 3 months ago. It was Rs. 475 then and was the 'improved' one with white strands.
Do call 080-65463204 (HSR layout branch,nearest branch from Marathahalli) to find out whether they have stock. Else 22965446 (Basavanagudi) 8861208180 (KH Double road)
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 19:45   #785
BHPian

Got one from Reliance Autozone , Amience mall Gurgaon for 475 Rs a few weeks ago, works well for removing the dirt off windscreen.

Only complain is that the zipper slider of the bag got detached and it doesn't close now.

My wife is impressed with its dust absorbing capabilities, and wants a similar thing for dusting the house.
Old 22nd June 2012, 20:37   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
It was available with Reliance Autozone in their branches at KH double road and Basavanagudi. I had bought it around 3 months ago. It was Rs. 475 then and was the 'improved' one with white strands.
Do call 080-65463204 (HSR layout branch,nearest branch from Marathahalli) to find out whether they have stock. Else 22965446 (Basavanagudi) 8861208180 (KH Double road)
I had been to HSR Layout branch on Tuesday and bought one, The one I got is the set of duster, micr-fiber cloth and shampoo, I also bought the mini duster and car perfume (Senso - Black, Ocen was out of stock it seems) at he same time.

He still had about 2-3 sets but couldnt find the single one, he could have given me just the Duster from the set but I thought to try with the set as it came with some discount.

The micro-fiber cloth comes with this looks to be good, looks to be the washable one, need to unpack and read about it. I also want to give a couple of micro-fiber clothes to the guy whos cleaning the car so that he can use it, I'm going to tell him to use the wet cloth / water only twice a week or not to use until spots/stains are seen. I hope thats the right approach!!

Last edited by Ketan : 22nd June 2012 at 20:39.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:36   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
. I also want to give a couple of micro-fiber clothes to the guy whos cleaning the car so that he can use it, I'm going to tell him to use the wet cloth / water only twice a week or not to use until spots/stains are seen. I hope thats the right approach!!
You are lucky to have good washing guys if they listen to you, I live in Rohan Vasantha (next to marathahalli flyover) and the washing guys are horrible, disengaged their services just after 2 weeks of work, oh they had been able to scratch my car 3 times within this timeframe
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:56   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
You are lucky to have good washing guys if they listen to you, I live in Rohan Vasantha (next to marathahalli flyover) and the washing guys are horrible, disengaged their services just after 2 weeks of work, oh they had been able to scratch my car 3 times within this timeframe
Yes,

I have got a decent guy, he listens and agrees that not to put water unless needed, my neighbor whos got beemer has given him a set of micro-fibre clothes to keep with him and he does decent job IMO.
I'm planning to get him to do the dry clean most of the time and twice or thrice just the water+mild shampoo job and nothing more than that. I want to start doing this myself one day, personal care + can help me burn some calories easily, but lets see when can I do that
Old 24th June 2012, 19:29   #789
BHPian

Okay a brief update (in case any other blorean is looking), HSR layout Autozone is out of stock of jopasus, got it from KH Double road opp. to KSRTC zonal office. Good deals - 470 only duster, got a pack for 660 - duster, microfiber and one dubious looking wash n wax shampoo (will be used on my unicorn).

BTW RL Autozone has an offer going on , buy any 3 car care accessories (read liquid or semi solid car care products) apart frim Formula 1 - you get the 4th and cheapest free - however I could not availa this - the salesperson was a bit clueless on the offer. BOL
Old 24th June 2012, 23:17   #790
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer
one dubious looking wash n wax shampoo (will be used on my unicorn).
I havent used any other stuff ever but I am very happy with that pink stuff and plan to get one more when this gets over. The car gleams and positively glows with satisfaction (much like a glamorous film actress)

Cheers
Old 27th June 2012, 14:36   #791
BHPian

I washed my Jopasu duster with mild soap - actually I used a few drops of liquid handwash in a bucket full of water. It took couple of days to dry it. It still performs more or less the same and captures dust. I always use Jopasu on the car's body first and use a 3M car-wash cloth along with a water sprayer to clean dirt etc. A cheap water sprayer bottle available in most of the stationary shops will save a lot of time and also water if used properly.
Old 24th October 2012, 11:45   #792
BHPian

Hi,

I am keen on buying the Jopasu Car Duster. Can someone tell me where it is available in Chennai, please?
Old 24th October 2012, 12:03   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Hi,

I am keen on buying the Jopasu Car Duster. Can someone tell me where it is available in Chennai, please?
Jopasu is available in GP Road. Try asking for Chandru Automobiles or Jeewajee. They have stock of Jopasu dusters. The new one will cost you around 550 rs. after the dealer's discount. You could try COD from snapdeal.com as they are available at 15% discount.
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:58   #794
BHPian

I have been using Jopasu duster and Jopasu Magic Wipe for 9 months now and am very happy with both of them. I want to try the "Jopasu Mini Duster" for cleaning the interiors as claimed by them. has anybody tried it, is it any good?

Secondly, are there any other duster brands (Other than Renault Duster) that are better than Jopasu? (pun intended).
Old 20th December 2012, 15:42   #795
BHPian

I bought the Jopasu gift pack from Double Road Reliance Autozone yesterday for Rs.823/- (MRP. ~ Rs.1350/- approx). Thought it was VFM. Hope I did not pay too much.

It consists of
1. Jopasu Duster (with white cloth or bristles)
2. Jopasu Mini Duster
3. Jopasu Magic Wipe
4. Jopasu Mini Wipe
5. Wax and Shine Fulid (Freebie)

They seemed to have a few more of these gift packs in stock.

I am getting rid of scratches and dents on my car along with some polishing work. I thought it was a good time to get myself the Jopasu car care accessories to preserve the car in good shape for a while!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks