Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 17:39   #856

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

@dre@ms
Thanks for the info, had created a case with snapdeal yesterday itself regarding not getting the freebies and now will mention them also to speed up things.

Yes though am still to start using it, still after reading so many reviews I am also apprehensive about when I need to wash it.
Old 11th October 2013, 17:53   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageing Stud View Post
Yes though am still to start using it, still after reading so many reviews I am also apprehensive about when I need to wash it.
Don't wash the duster until it stops picking up the dust completely. Keep shaking them in regular intervals & put it back the cover after use for better performance. Never use over wet surface.
Old 11th October 2013, 17:57   #858

@Redeemer8
Thanks for the advice and exactly the reason why I haven't started using it today, it had rained a bit in the morning and car was wet ;-)
Old 30th October 2013, 11:07   #859
BHPian

Thank you Shakensoul for the wonderful review.

Was looking for a duster that is vfm and does the job without creating swirl marks and scratches. After seeing all the positive feedbacks, will be ordering one pretty soon on Snapdeal.
Old 1st November 2013, 16:12   #860
BHPian

Have been using the duster for almost 2 years now and on my 4th duster. A few observations/tips

a) The duster will cause swirls but we don't have a choice. Even improper washing, drying with an dry Microfiber can also cause them as well. The key is to reduce the swirl formation using some tips

b) If the car is paint protected using waxes and sealants, then the duster is very effective. Hence protect your cars with waxes and sealants

c) It is very important to dust off by using it with lights hands. i.e. slide/glide the duster over the car and don't rub the duster on the car. Do not allow even the weight of the duster to fall on the car.

d) Also maintain the same directions (left to right or right to left on horizontal panels and bottom to top on vertical panels)

e) never use it on soiled cars or when there is moisture on the car surface

f) Weekly, use the vacuum cleaner in blow mode to blow the dust away from the strands.

g) After a few months, you may not have a choice except to wash. You have to use PF neutral shampoo to wash it like Megs NXT. Even then, there are mixed feedback on the effectiveness of the duster.

h) Hard water, detergents, shampoo (amway, jopasu), ezee, pril etc. strips the wax from the strands and the duster will be useless. Dry in shade. Don't soak the duster in water for too long during cleaning

h) After the above try, if it does not pick up dust, move it for household duties. (cleaning windows, fans, computer table, sofa backsides etc) and buy a new one
Sridhar K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 17:05   #861
BHPian

Review: Jopasu Mini Duster for home use

I find that the Mini Duster (costs around Rs. 475 for a pack on two) is very effective in cleaning around the house. Being just the right size (same as a piece of cloth folded) it can be used for cleaning shelves, table tops and edges of windows where dust accumulates. I have also used it for removing the dirt which accumulates on fan blades.

The best part is, as compared to normal cloths, the dust does not dissipate into the air when you wipe it, hence less irritation and definitely fewer strokes required to clean the same area. It is especially effective on very dusty surfaces, where a single swipe or two effectively removes almost all the dust
Old 11th November 2013, 20:00   #862
BHPian

Have been using Jopasu duster over 3 years and have bought about 4 till now.
The latest one bought last week was very disappointing.
It weighs almost half of the earlier ones and the bristles count seems less than the original ones.
I am not happy with the product as it used to be.
Looks like Jopasu has compromised the quality of this product which was once good.
Future buyers beware of the new duster.
Habanero City is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 09:19   #863
J.Ravi

Just a few minutes ago, I ordered in ebay.in for 1 Jospasu car duster for my yet-to-be-delivered XUV500 costing Rs 569. Already, my Linea has one.

Old 17th December 2013, 09:55   #864
Senior - BHPian

What is an alternative if the car is wet? In my place, it rains almost every other day. So dust and water forms patterns on most mornings, with water still not drying up.
Old 17th December 2013, 10:42   #865
Senior - BHPian

Finally, I took the plunge and I managed to wash the Duster successfully, even after wash, it works like it did earlier.

I followed this steps :-

1- I took a bucket full of water, the water level should be good enough so that duster fully gets submerged.

2- Then i added a small sachet of ezee along with surf excel in the bucket.

3- Then, I washed the Duster with water and left it on the terrace to dry. Don't use it unless and until, it is completely dry. I left it for 2 days in sunlight.

After drying up process, you're good to go to use it. It's over 10 months now and still my duster is working like a charm. Also, have recommended this product to 3 of my friends and all of them are very happy with it.
sameerg001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 16:00   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
What is an alternative if the car is wet? In my place, it rains almost every other day. So dust and water forms patterns on most mornings, with water still not drying up.
There are few options but would at least take 20 -30 minutes

Two bucket rinseless wash method: Fill two buckets 5 litres of water each. Take one wash mitt + a dry micro fiber towel (drying towel).
1) Dip a wash mitt on one bucket, wipe the panel
2) Dip it in the other bucket to rinse to remove the dust. Squeeze it dry
3) Then use the other MF to wipe the panel dry. Instead of a dry MF towel, a slightly moist towel (not wet) is better
4) Move onto the rest of the panel one at a time and repeat step 1 to 3.

It will be good if you can spray a couple of sprays of waterless wash concentrate like ONR onto the wash bucket

Waterless wash method:
1) Fill a spray can with waterless/rinseless wash concentrate.
2) Spray the content to one panel at a time. Allow it to soak for a minute.
3) Fold microfiber towel (wash towel) into two and then again into two so that you get a folded into a quarter of its original size
4) Spray some of the content into the microfibre towel
5) Gently wipe the panel with one side and use another microfiber towel *(drying towel) for drying.
6) Move to the other panel and use the remaining unused quarters section of the microfiber towels for repeating steps #2 to #5.

In the absence of waterless/rinseless wash concentrate, you can use shampoo with water (diluted to half or quarter of the recommended shampoo: water ratio) and use a wet micro fiber towel/wash mitt for the first pass

After practice, it would take 15 mins -20 mins to completely clean the car daily. A few precautions
a) Wash the towels daily along with the other clothes preferably in washing m/c
b) Do not wring the microfibers dry as they will loose their plushness.
Rather squeeze the water out of them gently
c) If you rinse bucket gets too dirty, replace with fresh water
d) A car that has a wax or sealant will make cleaning easier as dirt won't stick to the car
e) Wash with gentle action i.e. glide the microfiber on the paint
f) use soft water for washing
g) Do not use this method if there are caked mud on the paint.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 12:11   #867
BHPian

The price of the duster has gone up now to 600+. Found that Jewajee car decors in Chennai has sufficient stocks with the old MRP of Rs. 550 odd or so when I went there to buy car perfumes.

Also for the maintenance of the duster, recently read that after a wash and dry, applying some spray wax helps.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 13:20   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
The price of the duster has gone up now to 600+. Found that Jewajee car decors in Chennai has sufficient stocks with the old MRP of Rs. 550 odd or so when I went there to buy car perfumes.
Most online stores sell the duster at 569/- currently. ebay, snapdeal, rediff and few others too.
Old 31st December 2013, 00:35   #869
BHPian

I ordered for and was delivered with the Jopasu Duster earlier today. I am putting together a detailing kit so I can put the duster to good use on my new XUV500.
Old 31st December 2013, 08:38   #870
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, received mine from ebay seller jopasucarcare. The MRP printed is 669/- and the selling price is 569/-
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks