Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2016, 22:47   #1006
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

The good thing about the Jopasu duster is the way it picks up dust, and the how the dust clings to the duster fibres.

The bad news is the dust doesn't want to let go either, and it takes 3-4 buckets of water and several spoonfulls of detergent to clean the duster. I have just washed mine, now to see if the duster can pick up dust well enough after a good wash. The quantity of dust that came out was copious, be warned of a very dirty bathroom floor.
Old 1st February 2016, 14:01   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

The bad news is the dust doesn't want to let go either, and it takes 3-4 buckets of water and several spoonfulls of detergent to clean the duster. .
So much detergent would strip the wax coating on the duster which is primarily responsible for picking the dust. Don't expect the duster to work as good or even anywhere near how it was earlier. Most of us do not wash the duster at all. Just shake off the dust after each use, that's it.
Old 1st February 2016, 14:23   #1008
Distinguished - BHPian

1. simply, shake it.

2. hold it, handle up, and hit it against the ground. This will dislodge more dirt

(It never damaged mine, but, of course, the risk is yours )
Old 1st February 2016, 14:57   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Use a liquid detergent, which should be milder than the powder to wash the duster. Never had problems after using either a liquid detergent or car shampoo to wash the dirt off.

I typically use one duster for 6 months, and wash every 2 months. Worked fine for me, no issues picking up dust off a Safari ( to give an idea of the area to be cleaned ).

I had heard that Jopasu was shipping a renewing agent along with the duster ?
Old 1st February 2016, 16:39   #1010
BHPian

Brought one for my S-Cross, viola it works like a champ! Thanks guys for the reviews and advice's. I hope it will last quite well, the color has changed a bit (dark) after few uses.
Old 1st February 2016, 22:01   #1011
BHPian

Hi,

The amount of dust settling on the car's surface has gone up a lot these days as the number of cars plying through our lane has increased a lot. It has come to an extent that even if I wash the car in the morning, it would be covered in a layer of dust by the end of next day. So I think Jopasu duster would do the job for me.But the problem is, in the early morning, the temperatures go down a bit and condensation takes place on the car's surface(I have covered parking but still so much condensation takes place). The moisture makes the otherwise loose dust, get more stuck on the surface. If I use the duster on this surface, is there any chance of scratching or other damage of such sort?
Old 1st February 2016, 23:38   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Bought the jopasu small combo pack from amazon. It comes with two dusters as well as a pack of magic wipes. Sold directly by jopasucare and came with neat packaging.

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454349929.958208.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454349957.023294.jpg

On a side note, feeling confident based on so many bhpian's feedback about the product I asked the person coming to clean the car daily to not come from today onwards.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 1st February 2016 at 23:39.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 20:43   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
So much detergent would strip the wax coating on the duster which is primarily responsible for picking the dust. Don't expect the duster to work as good or even anywhere near how it was earlier. Most of us do not wash the duster at all. Just shake off the dust after each use, that's it.
Yes, that is to be expected. Even if you didn't wash it, that wax won't remain forever. The thing needs to be washed. Shaking it vigorously barely dislodges the accumulated dust, I don't know if it has anything to do with the dust out here being particularly clingy.

The good thing is even post-wash, it is doing its job well, picking up most of the dust ( used it thrice since the wash), although there is a clear and notable drop in efficacy.
Old 14th February 2016, 20:52   #1014
BHPian

Apart from 2 company services my baleno has experienced, so far i haven't used water since i took the car last month , JOPASU relatively does a fair job
Old 14th February 2016, 21:03   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Bought the jopasu small combo pack from amazon. It comes with two dusters as well as a pack of magic wipes. Sold directly by jopasucare and came with neat packaging.

Attachment 1467418

Attachment 1467420

On a side note, feeling confident based on so many bhpian's feedback about the product I asked the person coming to clean the car daily to not come from today onwards.
Can you give us an idea about the cost? Looking to buy one for my i10. I've been looking for one for some time but never gotten around to order one.
Old 15th February 2016, 16:40   #1016
Senior - BHPian

I have started using the duster for couple of weeks now. It does a great job of removing all the dirt in matter of minutes. The area I stay in has cemented roads and hence lot of dust floating around. I have to do-over twice of the car for it to remove the dust settled on the car but still it takes up < 5 mins. Having said that, word of caution for people planning to buy this.
1. Do not use it if there is water or fog on the car. It will mess up more.
2. This is not a substitute for water wash nor does it give as much cleanliness as a car wash. What this does it to remove 90% of the daily dust accumulation. Need to still wash the car atleast once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Can you give us an idea about the cost? Looking to buy one for my i10. I've been looking for one for some time but never gotten around to order one.
I got this set for 1530 rs from Amazon. Right now the same is showing as 1700 rs. Same is available in ebay at rs 1600.
Old 16th February 2016, 10:22   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Got mine last week from Paytm. My effective price after cashback was around 450. Price seems to have increased now. Was buying something from them first time. Delivered in 2 days

https://paytm.com/shop/p/jopasu-smal...A28371433401FC
Old 17th February 2016, 12:39   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Got mine last week from Paytm. My effective price after cashback was around 450. Price seems to have increased now. Was buying something from them first time. Delivered in 2 days

https://paytm.com/shop/p/jopasu-smal...A28371433401FC
Hi rajesh1868

the price has increased to about 750Rs

I have been using my duster for past 2 years since i dust it just once a week
Works just fine for me
Old 17th February 2016, 13:27   #1019
Team-BHP Support

Jopasu may really be good but it is a matter of time before they get out-priced from the market. They had a price below Rs.500 earlier and people were good to pay that. However, with all the successes and rave reviews I think they got a little too overconfident. Today I see these dusters even listed at 800 rupees at times! This is hilarious. There is no way in the world you can justify a car duster to cost that kind of money!!!

Market is shaping up for a worthy competitor. It is a matter of time before someone discovers a Chopsuey or another similar brand that works as well but costs far lesser.
Zappo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 14:03   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Jopasu may really be good but it is a matter of time before they get out-priced from the market. They had a price below Rs.500 earlier and people were good to pay that. However, with all the successes and rave reviews I think they got a little too overconfident. Today I see these dusters even listed at 800 rupees at times! This is hilarious. There is no way in the world you can justify a car duster to cost that kind of money!!!

Market is shaping up for a worthy competitor. It is a matter of time before someone discovers a Chopsuey or another similar brand that works as well but costs far lesser.
Hey Zappo

+1 to that.
I am in fact waiting for a worthy competitor to be launched.
The ones available currently in the market just don't cut it when compared to the jopasu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks