Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:34   #1066
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

UPDATE:

As there was no response from vendor for my email (it has been 2 days and still no response), I registered a claim in eBay explaining the issue. I got a message from eBay to post picture. I posted the picture that I attached a few posts earlier which shows the thick wax blobs on the duster. I got a call from eBay asking if I need a replacement or refund. I said I would prefer a replacement. The eBay representative told me if I want a refund he will arrange for it immediately, and for replacement I will have to wait for the vendor to respond.

He also suggested that I can get a refund and place another order for the same item. So, I asked him to do a refund.

As this is the very first time I am facing issue with an online purchase, I do not know if I did the right thing!
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:43   #1067
Senior - BHPian

my experience with agricultural sprayers - the nozzle needs adjustment to get the spray right - have you tried rotating the nozzle

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd March 2016 at 16:46.
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:03   #1068
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
my experience with agricultural sprayers - the nozzle needs adjustment to get the spray right - have you tried rotating the nozzle
A thousand thanks for pointing this out

After seeing your post, I checked the nozzle and there were indeed three positions "Off", "Stream" and "Spray". The only issue is that these letters are thinly engraved on the black nozzle and are not visible on a casual look.

I put the nozzle to spray position, and I am now getting a spray of wax.

I have sent a message to eBay to cancel my refund request, and have also asked them to add a clear instruction to put the nozzle in "Spray" position.

Now I can check the performance of the duster tomorrow.

Last edited by graaja : 23rd March 2016 at 17:03. Reason: Typo
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:56   #1069
BHPian

It took me about an hour to wash my duster today. The water kept turning black even after 10 times of soaking it in clean soapy water! After a lot of persistence the duster finally turned a light gray and it took the whole day to dry under the hot sun.

I just sprayed the first coat of wax and am waiting for it to dry. It's drying quickly so I should be able to finish the rejuvenation process in a couple of hours. Hopefully I can report back tonight on the results!

@graaja
From my previous experience with window cleaning sprayers I knew to turn the nozzle to spray mode instead of stream
And yes, the contents inside are very thick and I don't know how the spray is working :P
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:02   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
He also suggested that I can get a refund and place another order for the same item. So, I asked him to do a refund.

As this is the very first time I am facing issue with an online purchase, I do not know if I did the right thing!
Sounds like good customer service from eBay!

Quote:
I have sent a message to eBay to cancel my refund request, and have also asked them to add a clear instruction to put the nozzle in "Spray" position.
Sounds like good customer behaviour from you! But you still lost part of your purchase to leakage.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 09:53   #1071
BHPian

The rejuvenator works.

I finally managed to complete the process yesterday and gave the duster a good drying time of 1 day. I tested it today morning and I confirm that it works as good as new. The dust is getting picked up nicely like we expected. The downside is I seriously have my doubts if the bottle can be used thrice as claimed by Jopasu. I think we can use the spray twice comfortably and from the quantity that is left behind Iam sure we will not be able to use it for the third time.
I use the duster everyday and I will provide a feedback after a month or so on how it holds on the long run.

Important note : Please give enough drying time (I left it for 12 hours +) before each session of spraying (3 in total as per the instruction document) and have the duster dry in a cool place (I left it under the bed) and not under the hot sun.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 10:15   #1072
Team-BHP Support

UPDATE:

The rejuvenator works! Once I got the spray nozzle to spray position, I did two rounds of spray (I had already done about 70 sprays in the stream mode), and let the duster dry overnight. Today morning, I tried it on the Polo, and it picks dust very nicely. There are some streaks of dust left on the car which get picked up on the second wipe. This could be because of the first round of spray not being proper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sounds like good customer behaviour from you! But you still lost part of your purchase to leakage.
Thank you for the kind words, Thad! When I thought the whole of the solvent had leaked out I had decided to take the refund. But once I knew the knob position and thinking back, the 75% level I observed was after one and a half rounds of spray in the "Stream" mode. So, the leakage should have been minimum. Considering these, I thought taking a full refund and then going on using the rejuvenator would be unfair and unethical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
It took me about an hour to wash my duster today. The water kept turning black even after 10 times of soaking it in clean soapy water! After a lot of persistence the duster finally turned a light gray and it took the whole day to dry under the hot sun.
Same here. I had to soak in soap twice, and rinse 5 times each time to get the duster reasonably clean. Was surprised at the amount of dust the duster can hold!

Last edited by graaja : 24th March 2016 at 10:18.
graaja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 11:11   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:

let the duster dry overnight. Today morning, I tried it on the Polo, and it picks dust very nicely. There are some streaks of dust left on the car which get picked up on the second wipe. This could be because of the first round of spray not being proper.
Guess you should give more drying time as did by pdma. Even the document says you should not use it for one day after 3 coats.

Have not tried mine still, eager to do it now.

Regards,
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 12:32   #1074
Senior - BHPian

I bought one through Ebay India. Costed Rs. 690/-. This one really works. Since it comes with a lengthy handle, it could reach the tops of the cars easily.
This one product is worth an investment!
Old 24th March 2016, 12:43   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words, Thad! When I thought the whole of the solvent had leaked out I had decided to take the refund. But once I knew the knob position and thinking back, the 75% level I observed was after one and a half rounds of spray in the "Stream" mode. So, the leakage should have been minimum. Considering these, I thought taking a full refund and then going on using the rejuvenator would be unfair and unethical
On another product, shipped from Amazon.co.uk, I had the experience of receiving it in totally inadequate packing with a badly damaged plug. The sellers offered me a choice: return for refund or replacement, or accept a 1/3rd refund and keep as is. I chose the latter.. It exceeded the cost of the plug, but compensated me for the inconvenience. I also had to take the risk that it might not work with a new plug. I feel that this partial-refund system can be fair to both sides, although, of course there is still the possibility of abuse.

However, for proven, eg photographed, deficiencies, where the customer agrees to keep an imperfect product, it would be good if Indian seller would consider this.
Old 24th March 2016, 22:29   #1076
BHPian

I also tried out my rejuvenated duster today and am quite happy with the results. For the last couple of days it was simply moving the dust around instead of absorbing it. Even fine dust wasn't being picked up. The duster had given up after 7 months of dusting 3 cars daily. Incredible value for money!

The first thing I noticed today was the duster felt extremely light! It was definitely half the weight that it was. I still can't believe it held that much dust. Another thing is that the cotton strands are stiffer than when it was new. I hope this won't contribute to excessive swirls on the paint. Overall I'm happy the duster is having a second innings.
bowser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 08:14   #1077
Senior - BHPian

The duster rejuvenator is now being sold on Snapdeal too. Costs Rs 449/-.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jopa...20car%20duster

Will be placing an order today for the same.

My query to the people who have already applied the spray - is the spray to be applied after the duster is washed and dried OR can be applied at any status of the duster. In my case, the duster I have has been seen having loosened strands (long away from the thick strands when bought new)

Last edited by ghodlur : 29th March 2016 at 08:17.
Old 29th March 2016, 09:06   #1078
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My query to the people who have already applied the spray - is the spray to be applied after the duster is washed and dried OR can be applied at any status of the duster. In my case, the duster I have has been seen having loosened strands (long away from the thick strands when bought new)
Washing the duster is a must. You need to remove all the dust accumulated in the duster before applying the spray. Depending on the amount of dust accumulated you may need 10+ rinses. I had soaked the duster in soap for 30 minutes, did 5 rinses, soaked again in soap for 30 minutes and did 5 more rinses before drying it.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 17:47   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

I treated my old duster. It does not feel waxy. I have yet to test it.
Old 4th April 2016, 11:44   #1080
Senior - BHPian

I treated the Jopasu duster with me with the Rejuvenator, is not much confidence inspiring. Nowhere close to the original duster but does remove the dirt to a certain extent. Thanks to KK Hakunamata for the document detailing the procedure. Followed the process to a T, but found thick blobs of wax sprayed whenever used. I guess the issue is with the nozzle which does not spray a distributed wax but shots of wax on the thread. I then had to spread it evenly with fingers. I treated the duster yesterday and used it today, performance is 50%. I don't think this will last for more than 3 months IMHO. Its wait and watch as of now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks