Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 15:47   #1051
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
UPDATE ON DUSTER REJUVENATOR RECEIVED FROM JOPASU
Thanks a lot for the information KK. I live in a very dusty area and I get hardly 5 to 6 months of life from the duster. Also, the duster has started getting expensive day by day. I have placed an order for the rejuvenator. Will update the results when I try it out on my old duster which I have already washed once. Hope Jopasu does not hike the price once the rejuvenator sales picks up.
Old 15th March 2016, 15:54   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks for the info, my Jopasu duster is on verge of deathbed. Still making up my mind whether I should revive it using this product or buy a new one.

One query though - After application of the spray, what timelines are we looking at till the spray effect wears off. If the duster works on an avg of 4 months for every spray, spending 500/- bucks for an year is a VFM deal.

Another query - What's the shelf life of this rejuvenator?
Didn't wanted to answer your queries since I didn't have accurate info. Have forwarded the queries to Jopasu and they would get back by today I suppose.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 21:13   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
It is listed on ebay at Rs. 449 and with a discount of 8% (using coupon), it works out to Rs. 413, which is the cost of rejuvenating duster for 3 times. If you have to buy 3 new dusters you have to spend upwards of Rs. 1500/-. In this sense, I feel this buying rejuvenator would be VFM provided it restores the original dust picking capacity. IMO you should also consider the health of the cotton strands of the duster.
Thanks for the heads up ! I have ordered and received my bottle of Rejuvenator. I'll try it on in coming days and update.

To those wondering about if this is VFM : you don't *have* to spray the wax, you can reuse the duster after a wash without the spray. What is to be seen is whether the spray can restore efficacy of the duster to 100% or not. If you're thinking of discarding the duster without ever washing it, then I say - wash it, reuse it (with or without the spray on wax) and discard only when the fibres deteriorate to a state when it won't pick up dust even when freshly clean.
Old 17th March 2016, 11:41   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks for the info, my Jopasu duster is on verge of deathbed. Still making up my mind whether I should revive it using this product or buy a new one.

One query though - After application of the spray, what timelines are we looking at till the spray effect wears off. If the duster works on an avg of 4 months for every spray, spending 500/- bucks for an year is a VFM deal.

Another query - What's the shelf life of this rejuvenator?

This is the reply I just received from Jopasu.

Quote:
Hi Krishna,

Was tied up with Rejuvenator queries all over. Sorry for the delay.
Answers to your queries :
1. Rejuvenated duster cleans 75-80% of cars than the original duster.
Example: Depending on the layer of dust your car has everyday, if your original duster cleans your car for an average for 12 months , then rejuvenated duster would last you for around 9 months.

2. Shelf life : 2 + years. Since it's just a wax emulsion it lasts longer. They even said the number three years.
Conditions : should not be exposed to sunlight ( temp to not exceed >50) , should not refrigerate , always keep the bottle sealed with the sprayer ( not open as the solvent would evaporate )

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Best Regards,
Bhagyashree
What I could make out from my discussion with the person concerned is, the dust picking capability of the duster after rejuvenating would be as the original one and the longevity would be 75% to 80% of the original duster.

Disclaimer: I am not promoting / related to the vendor and happened to get in contact with the vendor to check on the Rejuvenator.

Regards,
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 16:38   #1055
Team-BHP Support

Update:
I got the rejuvenator yesterday. The package was a little soaked, so there should have been some leakage during transit. When I tried to spray the rejuvenator on the duster, instead of a misty spray of liquid, I am seeing blobs of viscous wax coming out of the nozzle, almost tooth paste consistency. This does not uniformly coat the strands. So, after spraying the thick wax 50 times on the duster, I used my hands to spread this wax uniformly on the cotton strands (like you would spread hair cream on the hair).

I opened the bottle and found it to be about 80% full and the consistency of the liquid was like thick paste. Has the solvent leaked during transit leaving only the wax in the bottle, or is this how the consistency is supposed to be?

Other users who have ordered the rejuvenator, can you please share your experience? Are you getting a misty spray of liquid or blobs of viscous wax from the nozzle?

Tomorrow , I will check and update on the dust picking capability.

Hi KK, can you share the Jopasu email so that I can write to them about this?
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 16:41   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Other users who have ordered the rejuvenator, can you please share your experience? Are you getting a misty spray of liquid or blobs of viscous wax from the nozzle?
Hello graaja,

I got the bottle on Saturday, however I did not put it to use yet. I will try that in a few days and will update you.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 16:51   #1057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I got the bottle on Saturday, however I did not put it to use yet. I will try that in a few days and will update you.
Thanks pdma. Will wait for your inputs.

For reference, here is the picture of the concentrated wax drops on the strands.

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-dsc03811.jpg
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 16:53   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Hi graaja,

I must have received my package today. I will check it also from my side.

You can send mail at onlinesales@jopasu.com, generally they should respond in a day.

Regards,
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 20:50   #1059
BHPian

Quote:

I received my product and luckily there was no leakage. Just wanted to check with you, did you shake the bottle well before you spray?

KK
Old 21st March 2016, 21:05   #1060
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I received my product and luckily there was no leakage. Just wanted to check with you, did you shake the bottle well before you spray?

KK
Yes. I shook well before spraying. While shaking, I could not feel any liquid movement inside.
Old 21st March 2016, 21:13   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I shook well before spraying. While shaking, I could not feel any liquid movement inside.
Ok. I didn't use it still. But shook it to check out, and I could very well feel the liquid inside. May be you have to wait for Jopasu to come back.
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:30   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @graaja, can you please share your experience with the rejuvenator? Is it worth spending 500 bucks or should we purchase a new duster?
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:56   #1063
BHPian

Folks,

I just sprayed the wax on to the duster after letting it dry for a day post rinsing. The wax did come out as a proper spray, unlike what grraja experienced. I just kept it for drying and I will pass the feedback on the duster by Thursday.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 20:26   #1064
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Folks,
The wax did come out as a proper spray, unlike what grraja experienced.
Then the soaked package I saw should be because all the solvent should have leaked away during transit leaving just the wax I have written to the vendor, but have not received any response yet. Hoping I will get a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Hi @graaja, can you please share your experience with the rejuvenator? Is it worth spending 500 bucks or should we purchase a new duster?
As I did not get a proper spray due to solvent leakage during transit, I will not be able to test the performance unless the vendor sends me a replacement.

For how the rejuvenator works, we will have to wait for pdma's experience, and for how vendor addresses issues, we will have to wait for my experience. I would say wait for a few days and then make the decision.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 22:03   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

I was wondering what happened to mine. Went to ebay just now and found the purchase still awaiting confirmation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks