Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 10:51   #1126
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
Morning dew was a concern for me too, so I have only ever used it in the afternoons.
I have used it twice till now and faced the issue both times.
Like you mentioned, probably a couple of more applications will cause it to go away.
Will update. Many thanks.
Looks like the linting is almost gone after one week of use. Also the dust trapping capability seems to have gone up significantly compared to when it was new.

Guess the standards have not fallen beyond redemption for this product yet.
revvenant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:04   #1127
BHPian

The quality of the recent batch of Jopasu dusters are just pathetic.

I have 2 dusters both purchased via Snapdeal, first one with a manufacturing date May 2016 and the second one being July 2016.

The second duster weighs very less when compared to the first one. Also, the number of strands is less and thickness of strands feels cheap.

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 23rd February 2017 at 16:06.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:26   #1128
Senior - BHPian

I really should stop using Jopasu duster on glass areas, leaves too much of wax and that becomes a pain while driving in the nights, way too much glare.
How are you guys getting around this problem?
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:55   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I really should stop using Jopasu duster on glass areas, leaves too much of wax and that becomes a pain while driving in the nights, way too much glare.
How are you guys getting around this problem?
I wipe the glass areas with slightly moist 3M cloth after using the duster.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 17:20   #1130
Senior - BHPian

I've been using my Jopasu duster for nearly 3 years, but recently I made the mistake of washing it. I'd left it in a bucket of water, but my wife asked the maid to clean it with detergent! I also made the mistake of drying it for an hour or so in sunlight.

After that, it seems to be working with 50% efficiency only. So after reading encouraging reviews of the rejuvenator spray on Amazon, I wanted to place an order for Rs 429 for a single spray. But mixed reviews on this forum made me play it safe, so I placed a combined order that included a new duster too. Together they cost me Rs 949.

I'll update the thread after I get the items. Delivery is scheduled by Feb 28th.
Old 23rd February 2017, 19:45   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Bought the duster from Flipkart in May 2016. The seller was Jopasucarcare. Been using it regularly since then. Sadly, in my case, it is no more than a broom-a car cleaning broom. The duster picked up some dust the first 2-3 times. From then on, it just pushes the dust around. The one I got must have been a lemon .

Last edited by dailydriver : 23rd February 2017 at 19:49.
Old 23rd February 2017, 22:14   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've been using my Jopasu duster for nearly 3 years, but recently I made the mistake of washing it.
Wait, so were you using the Jopasu duster for 3 years without using the rejuvenator too? That is quite an achievement. I had to read twice to make sure that it is actually three years and not three weeks
Old 23rd February 2017, 23:48   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Wait, so were you using the Jopasu duster for 3 years without using the rejuvenator too? That is quite an achievement. I had to read twice to make sure that it is actually three years and not three weeks
Yup, but for the first two years, I used to use it only when the car cleaner didn't turn up. Daily use was only for the past year.
Old 24th February 2017, 13:05   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
So after reading encouraging reviews of the rejuvenator spray on Amazon, I wanted to place an order for Rs 429 for a single spray.
Thanks for this; I never knew it could be rejuvenated.

I guess you meant single bottle? It is mentioned that a single bottle can rejuvenate the duster 3 times.

Quote:
One click spray can spray 0.90 ml of wax emulsion. So 180 sprays will consume almost 162-165 ml of the bottle. Hence this 500 ml bottle can Rejuvenate the Duster three times.
Just a little note: the same bottle is sold by the same seller on eBay for 400 and free shipping.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 13:10   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Thanks for this; I never knew it could be rejuvenated.

I guess you meant single bottle? It is mentioned that a single bottle can rejuvenate the duster 3 times.

Just a little note: the same bottle is sold by the same seller on eBay for 400 and free shipping.
Yup, I meant a single spray bottle! Thanks for the eBay pointer. But I've already ordered using my Amazon Prime membership. Prime was taken mainly for watching The Grand Tour!
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 20:34   #1136
BHPian

Since quite a few people are talking about rejuvenating their dusters, please try to follow my DIY guide and report the results. I am not in favor of Jopasu's instructions for the rejuvenation process as it may lead to subpar results.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ar-duster.html
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 17:24   #1137
BHPian

I have been using Jopasu duster for a while now - some 2+ almost years, I have 4 of them now and have been vocally promoting them to whoever asked. Until now.

The quality has definitely slipped. Two are of 2014-15 vintage and 2 bought in 2016. The 2016 dusters are worse, they don't adsorb all the dust but end up pushing some dust around, even in new condition. My first of 2016 dusters is now saturated and needs to be washed. One 2016 still unopened as of now, which I'll use.

The big downside of the duster - it adsorbs so much dust over time, when you wash it, you really have make an effort to clean the strands, to get them from deep brown/black to something resembling white. That takes 2-3 buckets of water. Then you realize the bathroom floor is dirty and have to wash the bathroom well, not to mention - there's a risk of clogging drainage pipes over time given the amount of dust/mud that accumulates.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 17:57   #1138
BHPian

The rejuvenation spray is more of a way to pacify customers that don't want to throw the duster away. It's way too much effort, just not worth it IMO.
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 21:12   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The rejuvenation spray is more of a way to pacify customers that don't want to throw the duster away. It's way too much effort, just not worth it IMO.
Agreed, doesnt work at all. I have shifted back to my inhouse QD :P
Old 26th February 2017, 22:22   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post

I did use rejuvenator and it's cheaper than getting another jopasu. Took me 3 days to clean the 8 month old blackened duster. Soaked for 2 nights in soapy water ( replaced each night ) and then scrubbed and cleaned in warm water.

Yes, takes effort, but could restore 85% of new duster's capacity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks