Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2018, 10:57   #1216
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
This is very important advice. I made the mistake of using my Jopasu on the windshield and it badly affected visibility at night. Apparently, Jopasu leaves behind a thin waxy deposit which interferes with night visibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
From my experience of using Jopasu Duster for 5 years; its mainly due to, when water/dew on windshield/metal comes in contact with paraffin wax coated strands.

Best way is to avoid using Jopasu Duster on wet/moist surface.
I might be wrong but I, personally, have observed that a perfectly dry but dusty windshield gets all streaky and nearly impossible to drive at night if using a Jopasu to dust. I think Debuda's hypothesis is correct, hence the same conclusion can be extended to any duster with wax coated strands.
revvenant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 15:23   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
This is very important advice. I made the mistake of using my Jopasu on the windshield and it badly affected visibility at night. Apparently, Jopasu leaves behind a thin waxy deposit which interferes with night visibility.
Say you did use it on your windshield multiple times.
Wont a good wash of the windshield with some cleaner solution take out all the residue paraffin wax ?
Fillmore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 19:10   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Wont a good wash of the windshield with some cleaner solution take out all the residue paraffin wax ?
It may, but let me share a personal anecdote. Some time back while I was away on an official tour , a friend of mine borrowed my discarded Jopasu duster and had used it indiscriminately on all his glass surfaces. Since he had no night driving at that time, he never quite understood the effects. He used to follow the practice of washing the car once every 10-15 days. He later told me that once when he had to take his car out at night on a highway he observed many micro swirls and deposits on the windshield and the glare from approaching vehicles was blinding. He tried to clean it with some glass cleaner and a cloth, but the swirls never quite went away.

I don't know whether the impact on the windshield was entirely due to the duster or his weekly cleaning was contributing to it as well (he used Colin and a run of the mill cotton cloth for wiping the glass), but I nevertheless take it seriously to remind everyone to not make the same mistake.
revvenant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 22:02   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
I don't know whether the impact on the windshield was entirely due to the duster or his weekly cleaning was contributing to it as well (he used Colin and a run of the mill cotton cloth for wiping the glass), but I nevertheless take it seriously to remind everyone to not make the same mistake.
Let me share all aspects of my experience regarding visibility problems consequent to use of Jopasu duster on car windshield :
  1. I drive more during daytime and less frequently during night. I did not face any visibility issues during daytime. By the time I encountered serious visibility problems at night, I had cleaned my windshield with Jopasu several times.
  2. I always used Jopasu on fully dry surfaces. My windshield was never moist when I cleaned it with Jopasu. It follows that undesirable deposits on glass affecting visibility are not linked with the presence of moisture.
  3. My windshield became perfectly clean and the night visibility problems went away after I washed it with a mild soap. In other words, it is not difficult to get rid of the undesirable film which Jopasu leaves behind.

I have used Jopasu duster to clean my white Ford Endeavour only about a dozen times. I found its ability to absorb dust pretty good. I never attempted to use Jopasu when my car was very dirty, wet or covered with dry mud. I intend continuing use of Jopasu to remove light to medium layers of dust from painted surfaces only.
debuda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 08:32   #1220
BHPian

Today, there is a Lightning deal of ₹ 635.00 on amazon.in for Prime members. It works out to 14% savings over the price of ₹ 739.00.
https://www.amazon.in/Jopasu-Car-Dus...9PD1AEKRF4H670
Old 20th September 2018, 09:54   #1221
Senior - BHPian

I recently tried out the rejuvenator on an old duster and am pretty glad with the end result. I washed the duster properly, let it dry and then sprayed about 150 sprays in intervals of 50 sprays every 30 - 40 minutes. Let the duster dry for a day before I used it.

The first few days, I had some wax deposits from the duster leaving spots on the car, but post that it's picking up dust very well. It's not as good as a new duster, but definitely good to use. My rejuvenator is good for another 2 dusters at-least.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 14:17   #1222
Distinguished - BHPian

I just got the Rogers duster.

It is less waxy to the touch, but seems to work well. Comes with a plastic sheath which seems better than the Jopasu cover, but have to see if it lasts
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 12:46   #1223
BHPian

For those planning to buy this in sometime, the Jopasu duster offered on Amazon Lightning Deal today for 618 INR.

https://www.amazon.in/JOPASU-Jopasu-...52F0V5GCX9B1CD
Old 13th December 2018, 23:13   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I just got the Rogers duster.

It is less waxy to the touch, but seems to work well. Comes with a plastic sheath which seems better than the Jopasu cover, but have to see if it lasts
The sheath is lasting well.

I have the impression that it doesn't pick up dust as completely and effortlessly as Jopusu does.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 19:23   #1225
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The sheath is lasting well.

I have the impression that it doesn't pick up dust as completely and effortlessly as Jopusu does.
Yes, Roger duster doesn't pick up dust as efficiently as Jopasu in the long run. Now I use my older Jopasu (bought before Roger) to dust the car and it works much better, haven't used the rejuvenator. In fact got another Jopasu delivered this morning so will now throw out the Roger and keep both the old and new Jopasu for dusting the car cover and car respectively.

Another observation I have is that the Roger handle is not a single piece unlike the Jopasu and after a period of time the point of join becomes loose, maybe due to my excessive shaking after dusting the car.
Lij is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 21:56   #1226
Distinguished - BHPian

My Roger duster came with a bottle of rejuvenator, which is nice... but this is something I wouldn't expect to do often.
Old 19th December 2018, 10:17   #1227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I made the mistake of using my Jopasu on the windshield and it badly affected visibility at night.
Was not an issue in my case. I had been using the Jopasu duster for about a month, once every 2 days to remove dust from the car, including the windshield, mirrors and windows. Last week I had to do two night drives, didn't face any issues with visibility at all.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 18:34   #1228
GwD
BHPian

Thanks for the review. Incidentally I use the regular Jopasu car duster (not the mini) and it does the job of lifting the dust particles very well. I have not noticed any swirl marks that were caused by it.
GwD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 21:10   #1229
BHPian

Hi All,

Saved a 2016 Jopasu Duster for future use. Now it will be put in use.

Recently purchased a new Jopasu duster view new car purchase. They have named it Jopasu Juggernaut series (supposed to be their top of the line).
Very demoralized to see their downgrade. As if they are losing hair with age as human beings.

Attached picture for comparison, top one is the old, you can make out the downgrade.
Surely this will be my last Jopasu duster purchase.

Brdgs,
Sail
Attached Thumbnails
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_e1778.jpg  

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_1780.jpg  

Sail is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 09:28   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Very demoralized to see their downgrade. As if they are losing hair with age as human beings.
I too received a new one 2 weeks back and got thinking if it was a fake one. Took a while to ensure that all information matched. I was rejuvenating and using my old one for quite some time so not sure when they changed it but it is smaller now.

I will watch out for falling hairs as well
vidyanand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks