Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2021, 22:07   #1306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-pxl_20210123_074510212.jpg

The dirtier one on the right was bought in Nov 2019. The new one came in Dec 2020.

Compared to the old one, I find the new one to be lighter, having slightly shorter threads and with lower thread density too.

The older one has been rejuvenated once and looking at the quality of the new one, I am thinking of rejuvenating the old one few more times.
ashis89 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 13:33   #1307
BHPian

I bought the duster and rejuvenator back in March, 20 and as you would have guessed it was sitting idle for a year. I cleaned the duster yesterday, just soaked it in the water for an hour or two. I took the rejuvenator bottle to spray on the duster, but it seems wax is kind of (for the lack of words)
solidified. It was not coming out of the spray nozzle. I've kept the bottle out in the sun to melt (?) the wax. Fellow Jopasu duster users, is this correct way ? Kindly help me.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:34   #1308
Distinguished - BHPian

It was 6 months since the last wash/rejuvenate and my duster needed a cleanup (soiled state state can be seen in a my post one above). New units of this duster seriously lack in quality and I have wax bottle with me. So it made sense to rejuvenate the old rag into a beauty queen.

The steps have been explained lucidly inthis thread (DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster) already.

As already mentioned, 1 wash wasn't enough. I soaked it in Ezee for few hours, rubbed it gently, washed it and repeated this step 3-4 times. Left it to dry overnight and the final result is this, which is lot cleaner than my last attempt

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-pxl_20210320_064145441.jpg

Now, for waxing, you need a place which is calm (not windy). While spraying the wax, the droplets keep flying around and not all land up on the duster. Again my preferred place is the washroom to get this job done. One can spread a big old rag or newspaper on the floor, hold the duster over it and spray the wax.

I took my own sweet time to wax the strands, left the duster to dry (on a newspaper) for few hours before repeating the steps two more times. I haven't got a chance to test it yet but I ran my fingers lightly through the threads and could feel the wax layer.

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-pxl_20210322_065909114.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
It was not coming out of the spray nozzle. I've kept the bottle out in the sun to melt (?) the wax. Fellow Jopasu duster users, is this correct way ? Kindly help me.
Yes, that's the correct way. Did you try pumping the spray few times?
Usually, with any new spray pump, there's some vacuum created which needs to be removed before the pump is able to suck the liquid.

Last edited by ashis89 : 22nd March 2021 at 12:38.
ashis89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:13   #1309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
... the final result is this ...
Looks better than new!

I have become totally lazy about this. I'll use my Jopasu until it becomes useless and then buy another one. Even though I have a bottle of wax on the shelf <Blush>.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 22:39   #1310
BHPian

The rejuvenator isn't available on Amazon/ flipkart.
Any alternate recommendations where I can source genuine stuff from ?

Last edited by Sheel : 26th March 2021 at 09:43. Reason: Please capitalize / punctuate where required. Thanks.
Old 25th March 2021, 20:29   #1311
BHPian

Try Jopasu website. I had ordered once from them directly. Was as quick as amazon and genuine of course.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 20:10   #1312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
The rejuvenator isn't available on Amazon/ flipkart.
Any alternate recommendations where I can source genuine stuff from ?
Well, I stopped using the Jopasu Rejuvenator.

I have lately been using a product called Auto Bros Liquid Wax Car Polish 500ml from Amazon. I dump the duster (and other dirty microfibre towels, doormats etc.) into the automatic washing machine at 90 degrees C, and it comes out sparkling clean. The material isn't delicate, and loses no strands / fibres - it's been through such washes at least 10 times in the last few years.

I sun dry the duster, and apply & spread about 75-100 ml of the AutoBros Liquid Wax to the duster by hand, coating all the fibres well (edit: I just applied a single coat, not multiple applications that the Jopasu Rejuvenator spray talks about). Then the wax is allowed to dry out in the sun again. This wax works better than the Rejuvenator at picking up dust, as well as being more cost-effective. I've applied this material twice (i.e. rejuvenated the dirty duster twice with this liquid wax) in the last 5 months, and I can say I am very satisfied. Leaves a nice gloss on the paintwork too.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 9th July 2021 at 20:24.
SS-Traveller is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 12:23   #1313
Senior - BHPian

My failed attempt at cleaning my 4 year old Jopasu Duster. Even though it was cleaning and picking up dust effectively I just wanted to clean it and try the rejuvenator kit I had ordered.

I tried soaking it in a bucket of water with detergent thrice and still the water turned so dark. Didn’t have the heart to get it cleaned in the washing machine though.

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-f2616b86b23a4b048912ab9350daa33f.jpeg

In the end I had another duster at home which could be cleaned as my mom had already cleaned it once when it turned slightly dark after a few months use and applied the rejuvenator on it and I have kept that one in the car now.

Somehow I feel buying a new one is better then wasting water to clean one and rejuvenate it? Cheaper?
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 13:40   #1314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Somehow I feel buying a new one is better then wasting water to clean one and rejuvenate it? Cheaper?
Agree on the water wastage part. Even after several washing the water remains black and you have to give up after sometime.

For washing, please soak it for 3-4 hours and wash it 3-4 times over 2 days. The threads might still look black but after drying, it regains the off-white shade. Spray the rejuvenator and start using your "new" duster again.

Since you have the rejuvenator with you already, I recommend salvaging the existing duster and use it for some more time.

As such, the new dusters don't have the same old quality. Another reason to continue with this one.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 14:26   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree on the water wastage part. Even after several washing the water remains black and you have to give up after sometime.

For washing, please soak it for 3-4 hours and wash it 3-4 times over 2 days. The threads might still look black but after drying, it regains the off-white shade. Spray the rejuvenator and start using your "new" duster again.
It was a back breaking effort and hence I just gave up on it. Also, I ended up cleaning my bathroom floor twice and the bucket i used to soak it in. Hence, I feel it was better to just order a new one as the issue is this duster keeps picking up dirt no matter how dirty it looks. Hence, I ended up using it for so many years without washing it and when I decided to wash I had a herculean task in front of me.

Also, spraying the wax inside the bathroom made the floor extremely slippery and I ended up cleaning the floor again
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 16:07   #1316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Also, spraying the wax inside the bathroom made the floor extremely slippery and I ended up cleaning the floor again
I made this mistake the first time. Wax on title floor is pure recipe for disaster

Since then, I just do it outside (balcony, rooftop, basement). We also need to apply multiple coats with almost of day of drying in between. All in all, it's a back breaking and time consuming process which tests your presence at each step.

PS: Every time I clean/polish my car or rejuvenate the duster, I am reminded making samosa at home vs. buying from the nearby snacks stall. Whether the effort involved and the end output/satisfaction is worth, has always been debatable.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th September 2021 at 16:14.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 15:34   #1317
BHPian

I have been using Jopasu for the last month or so, and I must say it helps keep the car clean and hence reduces the number of washes needed in a year. However, the big question I have each time I use the duster is, whether it will cause swirl marks, despite the fact that I am not applying any pressure on the surface of the car?

Can someone who has used the duster for more than a year please throw some light on this?
Old 1st December 2021, 16:35   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2112355

The dirtier one on the right was bought in Nov 2019. The new one came in Dec 2020.

Compared to the old one, I find the new one to be lighter, having slightly shorter threads and with lower thread density too.

The older one has been rejuvenated once and looking at the quality of the new one, I am thinking of rejuvenating the old one few more times.
Your duster worked for one year ??

My duster looks so dirty already, bought it in the beginning of September 2021, close to 3 months and I am already thinking if I should buy a new one. It picks up dust though but I don't see any wax on the strands, they are now normal dry strands.

Reading this thread and trusting my capabilities I think I will pass rejuvenation task and order a new one but again I am thinking should I buy it now or should I wait
Old 1st December 2021, 18:05   #1319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post
My duster looks so dirty already ... ... ...
It doesn't matter how dirty it looks. While it still picks up dust, it is still just fine
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 21:22   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It doesn't matter how dirty it looks. While it still picks up dust, it is still just fine
Thanks for helping me on this but I still want ask what about the dry strands? Wouldn't that lead to more scratches since wax strands are completely dry now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks