Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 00:35   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

I am not certain about this, but my impression is that that most waxiness of a brand new disaster just doesn't last. But it still works. Do shake it out after use. I beat mine against a handy pillar. Get rid of any loose dust.
Old 3rd December 2021, 00:59   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am not certain about this, but my impression is that that most waxiness of a brand new disaster just doesn't last. But it still works. Do shake it out after use. I beat mine against a handy pillar. Get rid of any loose dust.
Sure, will keep this mind.
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 16:30   #1323
BHPian

Based on the recommendations/reviews on this thread, I went ahead and bought the duster.

I have penned down my experience in the below post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5235794 (My First SUV | MG Hector Plus | Ownership Review)

So far, the experience has been very positive.
Old 14th January 2022, 16:55   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Recently I did interior cleaning for my car. I asked that guy to clean my Jopasu duster using pressure spray to get rid of dirt.

It seems to be picking up dust atleast and hopefully would continue doing so till next time for car wash.
bhppower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 09:37   #1325
BHPian

This thread seems dormant for sometime. We have discussed quite a bit about JOPASU and ROGERS. While searching for a replacement, I see another new (German??) entrant:

https://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Gladi...ef_=ast_sto_dp

They have a few variants, but the best part is the wax is a permanent coating and no rejuvenator is needed. Plus, the handle is twistable: to make it multi functional and reach remote corners "to boldly go, where no brush has gone before"

I ordered one, honestly, I am just going by the manufacturer claim, and will post a detailed review once I receive the duster in a few days.

Here is the Bergman store:

https://www.amazon.in/stores/Bergman...6?ref_=ast_bln

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 17th November 2022 at 09:40.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 08:57   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
This thread seems dormant for sometime. We have discussed quite a bit about JOPASU and ROGERS. While searching for a replacement, I see another new (German??) entrant:

I ordered one, honestly, I am just going by the manufacturer claim, and will post a detailed review once I receive the duster in a few days.

Here is the Bergman store:

https://www.amazon.in/stores/Bergman...6?ref_=ast_bln
Any updates on your experience?
Old 26th November 2022, 16:02   #1327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

"Currently Unavailable" on Amazon now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Any updates on your experience?
I don't know this brush, but I think the "permanent" wax thing maybe means works until it doesn't. But we'd need to know from a user.

Anyway, that's how I treat my Jopasus. When it is really filthy and/or doesn't pick up any longer, I buy a new one. This is pure laziness on my part, I even have the rejuvenating wax on the shelf. It doesn't cost enough to justify the cleaning, drying, waxing work.

I know, this is lazy, wasteful, environmentally bad, etc. No excuses: I'm honest about the laziness!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 16:25   #1328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When it is really filthy and/or doesn't pick up any longer, I buy a new one. This is pure laziness on my part, I even have the rejuvenating wax on the shelf. It doesn't cost enough to justify the cleaning, drying, waxing work.

I know, this is lazy, wasteful, environmentally bad, etc. No excuses: I'm honest about the laziness!
+1.

I have rejuvenated my duster thrice already, only because I wanted to finish off the wax bottle that I had got. I have three reasons not to rejuvenate anymore:

1. The whole rejuvenation exercise takes 5-7 days to complete

2. The efficiency of the rejuvenated duster is never like the original, probably like 70% of it

3. While spraying the wax, there's a lot of overspray which falls on the floor/surroundings and is tough to clean

All in all, it is not worth the effort IMO.

Last edited by ashis89 : 26th November 2022 at 16:29.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 17:21   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
"Currently Unavailable" on Amazon now.

I don't know this brush, but I think the "permanent" wax thing maybe means works until it doesn't. But we'd need to know from a user.
It's available in Flipkart
https://www.flipkart.com/bergmann-co...41669432735742

On the usage, are these dusters useful as a car cleaner or just for removal of fine dust?
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 17:26   #1330
Senior - BHPian

^^ How long does this duster usually last before it is time to replace? I am not interested in cleaning and rejuvenating it. I usually dust the car with a dry vest cloth and then clean it with a damp towel.
Old 26th November 2022, 22:29   #1331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
On the usage, are these dusters useful as a car cleaner or just for removal of fine dust?
They are not at all for car cleaning, only for removing dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
How long does this duster usually last ...
It's impossible to say! It depends entirely on how often you use it and how much dust there is where your car is parked. It lasts until it stops working. Physically, they are well made: it will not break or fall apart.
Old 27th November 2022, 00:07   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
^^ How long does this duster usually last before it is time to replace? I am not interested in cleaning and rejuvenating it. I usually dust the car with a dry vest cloth and then clean it with a damp towel.
There is a major difference between cleaning it with one of these dusters Vs a dry cloth.
Using one of these dusters a single swipe will pull out all the dust, very useful when you dont have time for a wash and just want to get the dust out and drive away.
Fillmore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 01:40   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
About a year unless your neighborhood is too dusty. Just don't use it on a wet car.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 01:49   #1334
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have been using the Jopasu duster for some time now! Bought it on Flipkart and is a very efficient tool to pull dust off the car! I use it for a year or a year and six months at the max and then buy a new one! The recharge route is not for me
Old 27th November 2022, 03:53   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian

Do remember not to judge it by how it looks. Filthy is fine if it is still taking the dust off.

I "sweep" my car before every journey. I also carry another brush in the car (although it is a Rogers) for when I've been parked under trees, etc.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks