Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 11:23   #1171
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

My Jopasu has stopped picking dust in its 2nd month itself. The bristles have also gone dirt brown entirely. Is it normal? Will a wash restore the dust picking abilities?
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 14:29   #1172
Distinguished - BHPian

It is normal for the cotton to get brown or even black. You need to shake the dust out of it every time you use it
Old 16th May 2017, 07:38   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
My Jopasu has stopped .... abilities?
I have two Jopasu dusters with less than satisfying performance. Last month bought Original California Duster for new car from amazon.in. I must say that its much better till now. The label states that the dirtier it gets, better it will work for years. So, let's see. And i clean my car daily myself.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 10:06   #1174

Almost similar situation as DwarkaDelhiWala. I have 2 Jopasu Dusters and one of them has been rejuvenated twice. My California Duster reached today. I am hoping it lives up to its reputation as indicated by some fellow BHPians. Fingers crossed as I clean my BRV myself!
Old 16th May 2017, 12:49   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Jopasu duster has been highly recommended on the forum in the past. However, of late, many Bhpians have expressed their dissatisfaction on the way it works. Here's a compilation of opinions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kiranmoy View Post
Almost similar situation as DwarkaDelhiWala. I have 2 Jopasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I have two Jopasu dusters with less than satisfying performance.
Quote:
My Jopasu has stopped picking dust in its 2nd month itself. The bristles have also gone dirt brown entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
I also noticed a huge drop in quality. My latest duster bought 2 months ago already feels like it's giving up. It's requiring multiple sweeps to collect all the light dust
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post

Overall I must say I purchased this with great hopes but now I have been completely convinced that either the product QA has gone down the drain or the product was way over-hyped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
All in all, it is time to find a suitable alternative to the Jopasu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterasn View Post
There must be something seriously wrong with Jopasu QA team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
I have noticed a complete fall in quality especially the recent one got by me from Amazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
quality of Jopasu has gone down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
The quality of the recent batch of Jopasu dusters are just pathetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Sadly, in my case, it is no more than a broom-a car cleaning broom. The duster picked up some dust the first 2-3 times. From then on, it just pushes the dust around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
The 2016 dusters are worse, they don't adsorb all the dust but end up pushing some dust around, even in new condition.
This is not a rant on the quality of the product but a ready reckoner of sorts for those wanting to purchase it for the first time.
dailydriver is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 13:27   #1176
BHPian

Thanks for that dailydriver. I also suspect that the duster is abrasive because I've tiny scratch marks on the paint that have no other justification.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 13:47   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Jopasu duster has been highly recommended on the forum in the past. However, of late, many Bhpians have expressed their dissatisfaction on the way it works. Here's a compilation of opinions:.
Exactly the reason why I chose to replace my 7 year old Jopasu duster with the California one; got it for almost a 100 bucks less than the Jopasu too. Remains to be seen if it matches the Jopasu in effectiveness.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 14:19   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Exactly the reason why I chose to replace my 7 year old Jopasu duster with the California one; got it for almost a 100 bucks less than the Jopasu too.
Right now the California duster is retailing at 823 bucks which is almost 150 bucks more than Jopasu. Plus the red strands really look yuck, I wouldn't buy that for looks at least definitely.

So there are two options for Jopasu as of now:
1) Roger Carster costing Rs 680/-
http://www.amazon.in/Roger-030704181.../dp/B01DLPBFRW

2) California duster costing rs 823.
http://www.amazon.in/Original-Califo.../dp/B0009VIQ1A

Request all the owners who used either of the above options to share their experience and rate them on functionality and re-use.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 14:25   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right now the California duster is retailing at 823 bucks which is almost 150 bucks more than Jopasu. Plus the red strands really look yuck, I wouldn't buy that for looks at least definitely.
Looks like I bought it just in time for Rs.622. I am not too worried about the colour. If my car cleaning frequency is anything to go by, it will turn brown in no time at all

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 00:36   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So there are two options for Jopasu as of now:
1) Roger Carster costing Rs 680/-
http://www.amazon.in/Roger-030704181.../dp/B01DLPBFRW

Request all the owners who used either of the above options to share their experience and rate them on functionality and re-use.
I am super happy with the Roger Carster

Bigger and better than the Jopasu
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 10:32   #1181
BHPian

From the description, it seems that Roger Carster is an MF based product as against California/ Jopasu which has baked wax on its bristles which should, theoretically, pickup more dust.
Old 17th May 2017, 14:26   #1182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From the description, it seems that Roger Carster is an MF based product ... ... ...
Thank you. I had not understood that properly. I'll get one soon
Old 23rd May 2017, 23:01   #1183
BHPian

Initial impressions of California Car Duster

I have been using the California Car Duster for a week now. I also have a 2 yr old Jopasu Duster, that the California was intended to replace.

Build Quality: Jopasu is much better built, no doubt about that. Its handle is specially designed to be grippy whereas the California's handle just looks like a simple pipe. Jopasu is heavier as well, although part of it may be due to the dust trapped in its strands. Jopasu also has thicker strands. Density of strands in both seems to be same. California says Made in USA on the packaging.

Packaging: Jopasu came in a nice and properly fitted zippered bag. California came in an ill-fitted pouch held by Velcro.

Dust picking ability: California seems to be at par with Jopasu when it was new. Picked up dust very effectively and quickly even though I tried it on a car with almost 1 week of dust. Also, the California seems to glide over the car's surface very smoothly, much better than how the Jopasu feels now. To be seen if such performance continues over the longer term.

Verdict: If the choice is between the 2 yr old Jopasu when it was new and this California, then Jopasu wins hands down. I haven't seen the latest Jopasu, so I won't be able to comment whether California is better, worse or on par with it. I am not going to throw away the old Jopasu now, rather I will buy a Jopasu rejuvenator for it.

Some pics:

Both dusters side by side. Strands are noticeably thicker in Jopasu, and it also has a better handle:
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-dsc05689.jpg

Jopasu has a much sleeker looking carrying bag:
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-dsc05690.jpg

California has a simple velcro carrying pouch:
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-dsc05691.jpg

Last edited by mustang_shelby : 23rd May 2017 at 23:06.
mustang_shelby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 01:33   #1184
BHPian

I've had mine for nearly a week as well and though the handle IMO is better on the California, the carry case is definitely a let down in comparison to Jopasu's zippered case that completely encloses the duster.

Dusk picking ability is at par with a brand new Jopasu. Let's see how it fares in the long run..
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 00:36   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Have been using the Jopasu duster since 2 months now, I am mighty impressed and i would surely buy another one soon, Using it almost every day for 2 months the threads still are almost white & dirt has not stuck to it, Sweeps away the dirt in one go.

Only thing i don't like is, Even if there is a couple of drops of water on the car & if you swipe the duster over it, Threads from the duster sticks to the car, So just have to make sure the car is totally dry when using it, Even the cover for it is really nice.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks