Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 20:28   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
I also noticed, dust flying off when duster was moved over the car. Now, if it attracts all the dust, it should not be scattering all over the place!
I almost everyday try to observe the same i.e. to see if dust flies off the car, which would mean that the duster's losing its ability but never seen it. May be others can share their experience just to make sure you don't have a bad product (I hope not).
Or may be it happens in my case also as I do it in the night everyday before covering the car and can't notice it under street lighting.
Old 26th November 2010, 21:10   #557
BHPian

The duster works best on a completely dry surface...any hint of slightest moisture will lead to trouble. The stickiness quotient of the surface (water beading ability?) will play a major factor in leaving streaks.

Irrespective what the product mfr has to say, IMO, the duster is no dust magnet. In case the surface polish/wax is still good, it does the job of removing the dust quite nicely and effortlessly. Over time, once the surface polish/wax is gone, the duster cannot do the dust gathering job properly.

Having said that, it is an excellent tool to give a quick brushup to remove whatever loose dust particles can be removed and then proceed wiping with wet mf towel. In my driving conditions and environment, I hardly need to shampoo wash the car once a month except during monsoons.

The duster is just the "jharoo" before the wet "pochha"...dont expect miracles;-} It is not intended to enhance the shine...just that it manages to keep the shine a little longer.
Old 26th November 2010, 21:25   #558
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I almost everyday try to observe the same i.e. to see if dust flies off the car.
I dusted under proper daylight & could easily spot dust flying off. I had to keep myself at a distance to prevent the dust falling on me because I was wearing a black formal dress.

The car was completely dry when I dusted but after using the duster it appears as if the car was broomed instead of dusted! My 1st experience with the duster has been rather lackluster & un-satisfactory. I can say that the product is pretty much over-rated.
Old 26th November 2010, 23:24   #559
BHPian

Guys
My Jopasu duster is giving me problems. After around 4 months of heavy usage, the duster lost it's ''eagerness'' to pick up dust, so, I decided to give it a wash. After that, for a couple of days, it was back to it's magical self. But, then, it again stopped picking dust. Mind you, the duster was never abused in any way. It was used as instructed.
Do I wash it again? Is it because I didn't wash it properly?
What should be the washing procedure like?
Old 29th November 2010, 12:28   #560
Senior - BHPian

I am using the duster for last 6 months (more or less daily). I am fully satisfied with the duster. After dusting I wipe all glass area with a clean towel.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 29th November 2010, 13:18   #561
Senior - BHPian

I too bought 3 dusters for me and my friends.
I got mine before the Set offer for Rs.771
I ordered the Duster set on 25 this month and recieved on 27 itself.
Very speedy process.previous order took more than a week to deliver.
It's very useful and handy too.
Dusting/handling is very good and no idea about its life as it's a cover on in a Plastic handle.
Old 29th November 2010, 14:24   #562
BHPian

I found a similar duster in Hypercity this weekend. It didn't have any brand name though and the instructions seem to have been written by someone who shouldn't really be writing in English. There wasn't even one completely correct sentence in the whole thing.
I'm not sure if this is the same as the Jopasu duster but the handle and the brush were soft to hold. Has anyone checked this ? Is this as good as the Jopasu duster being mentioned here ? Cost was around 480 Rs I guess.
Old 6th December 2010, 22:46   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys
My Jopasu duster is giving me problems. After around 4 months of heavy usage, the duster lost it's ''eagerness'' to pick up dust, so, I decided to give it a wash. After that, for a couple of days, it was back to it's magical self. But, then, it again stopped picking dust. Mind you, the duster was never abused in any way. It was used as instructed.
Any inputs here? I am trying to find a solution to my problem.
Old 7th December 2010, 07:49   #564
AWD
BHPian

Came across similar duster in $store, was ~150/-. Jopasu is way over-priced.
Old 7th December 2010, 13:31   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which place ?
There are not so good as Jopasu dusters. First they start leaving out threads in small. I did get them from US itself but not so good at all.
Old 8th December 2010, 14:48   #566
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I found a similar duster in Hypercity this weekend. It didn't have any brand name though and the instructions seem to have been written by someone who shouldn't really be writing in English. There wasn't even one completely correct sentence in the whole thing.
I'm not sure if this is the same as the Jopasu duster but the handle and the brush were soft to hold. Has anyone checked this ? Is this as good as the Jopasu duster being mentioned here ? Cost was around 480 Rs I guess.
Don't go anywhere close to it. Its absolute crap.How do I know? I bought it.
Within a week broke off the plastic handle. My car is always covered and does not get too dusty, and the darn thing cannot wipe off that dust.

Quote:
I have never used Jopasu duster so cannot comment on its pricing. But having used a similar duster in Hypercity I would stay well clear of it.
I am very keen to try Jopasu though. Hope they have some decent offers going.
Old 8th December 2010, 15:07   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys
I'd washed mine around 1 month back. I'd soaked the duster in warm water for about 30 minutes, then in warm water with detergent for another 30 minutes and then rinsed it. (Still can't believe the amount of dust that it was holding). I didn't dry it under direct sunlight (don't know why but I just didn't) .

The duster's been working perfectly fine since the wash.
Old 8th December 2010, 15:10   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Don't go anywhere close to it. Its absolute crap.How do I know? I bought it.
Within a week broke off the plastic handle. My car is always covered and does not get too dusty, and the darn thing cannot wipe off that dust.
Thanks. I guess that settles it. I have to order the duster from Ebay now.
Old 15th December 2010, 15:58   #569
BHPian

Jopasu duster is truly a god send

I have been using mine from 6 months & have never washed it. Can i wash with detergent or normal water ? Won't it remove the oil from the strands?

Also how long can one use this for ? (how many times can we wash)
Old 20th December 2010, 18:49   #570
BHPian

Our detailing experts MKH & Niramaljustdoit are now the dealers for jopasu
I will be ordering from them soon. Anyone staying in blor can check with them.

Btw, like other members, they also recommend jopasu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks