Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 15:10   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Is the duster of any used on a wet car during the oncoming rainy season ?
Old 5th June 2014, 17:00   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Not only the duster will be of any use on a wet car but if we use it on a wet car, it will be of no use on even on a dry car going forward.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 18:54   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not tried sourcing a silicon blade in India, but have used them for a long time. I think they are excellent.

Warning: some purists do not approve of them. My next-door neighbour in London was one. He said there was a danger of trapped dust scratching the paint. But then, he washed and polished his car every week, and I, err... didn't, and his car always looked "showroom," whereas mine (although, hey, it was a lot older)... didn't.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 5th June 2014 at 18:58.
Old 12th June 2014, 13:44   #904
BHPian

Used the Jopasu duster for the first time on my car yesterday. Must say it lives upto its expectations. Cleaned the car completely within 10 minutes flat. The dust removal capacity is excellent. The strands of my duster are white in colour, turned to blackish though.
Old 12th June 2014, 22:37   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
Used the Jopasu duster for the first time on my car yesterday. Must say it lives upto its expectations. Cleaned the car completely within 10 minutes flat. The dust removal capacity is excellent. The strands of my duster are white in colour, turned to blackish though.
I'm also using Jopasu for more than a month. Though it is cleaning well, I'm observing small minute threads over the wind shield now a days after cleaning. Do you also observe those? Apart from it, cleaning is really easy, quick and more importantly, it avoids water wastage .
VSRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 09:05   #906
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The duster is meant to be used only on dry surfaces and for dry dust. Avoid using the duster when it rains or even if there are residual drops of water on the surface, such as after washing.

All of those strands in the brush are coated with a kind of wax, which is what collects the dust particles. If you use it on a wet surface, it will leave white smudges on the surface which you will have to manually remove with a cloth later on. The duster also renders itself useless (read as produces smudges) until it is fully dry again.

Post-rainfall, even after the car dries up, the duster should not be used to remove the slush residues dried on the surface. Use it only on a dry surface for dry dust and if it rains or becomes slushy, wash + dry the car before using the duster again.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 11:22   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
I'm also using Jopasu for more than a month. Though it is cleaning well, I'm observing small minute threads over the wind shield now a days after cleaning. Do you also observe those? Apart from it, cleaning is really easy, quick and more importantly, it avoids water wastage .
There are no strands whatsoever after cleaning with the duster. May be your duster or the windshield was a little wet because of which the strand may be sticking on.
SRTH1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 14:27   #908
BHPian

Quote:
There are no strands whatsoever after cleaning with the duster. May be your duster or the windshield was a little wet because of which the strand may be sticking on.
I need to double check on this. Usually, duster would be dry only. As mine is closed parking, there is little chance of Windshield getting wet. Will check and get back.
Old 13th June 2014, 14:47   #909
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using the JOPASU duster for over eight months. Though it cleans the car body extremely well the same is not observed while cleaning the windscreen. Traces/strands of dust gets etched on the windscreen even when dry. I have to use Meguiar Window Cleaning Fluid once a week to remove the strains left by Jopasu Duster.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:08   #910
BHPian

I have been using Jopasu duster for more than 10 months and its still cleaning very well. No traces of dust anywhere after a couple of sweeps. Even though my duster has become very dirty I am not washing it just yet as many have commented that it looses much of its cleaning power after a wash or two.
Old 27th August 2014, 19:36   #911
BHPian

After a weeks use, my duster strands turned blackish. Would the dirt in the duster damage the paint?
Old 27th August 2014, 19:44   #912
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
After a weeks use, my duster strands turned blackish. Would the dirt in the duster damage the paint?
Nope. Don't worry about the duster getting dirty. Continue to use it until it becomes dirtier. Remember not to drag the duster over the car. Use it gently. Wash it only when you feel that it stops picking the dust and this is quite apparent after a few months of usage. When it does, wash it under running water for a few minutes preferably without using any detergent, no matter how mild or hard they are. They tend to remove the wax from the strands rendering it useless. YMMV!
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:05   #913
BHPian

The Jopasu duster is available at a 25 % discount on the Snapdeal sale - now going at Rs 499.
Attached Thumbnails
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-untitled.jpg  

Old 7th October 2014, 13:36   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
The Jopasu duster is available at a 25 % discount on the Snapdeal sale - now going at Rs 499.
That is a great price, I am going to buy a couple and keep it.

Thank you .
Old 12th October 2014, 20:52   #915
Senior - BHPian

Price at snap deal has dropped even further - http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jopa...ter/1637608946
Now Rs. 449
Wonder if the product quality has degraded!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks