Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 17:42   #751
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
I got the Jopasu Duster + Glove + Microfiber towel for Rs 640.

However, be warned that Jopasu duster doesn't work in Gurgaon. In 1 week it has collected so much dirt that I think I would need to wash or buy a new one.
Thanks for the info. I'll try at the nearest reliance store. And I will be using it on similar place, where there are bad roads and construction work in it's surroundings. Hope I won't get disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Its strange what you write about duster and Gurgaon. There is lot of dust here as well (esp in the area where I live). Jopasu says it is washable (though I dont know if there is a number of washes limit.) So far I have not used it (planned to use on my new car that I have booked) but it looks like I might use it one the old one itself. By the way my wife thought I had gone crazy ordering a duster for 800 that too for a car!!! Our car wash guy charges us "only" 250 a month for the job!
Why don't you tell your wife that there is a separate thread on TeamBHP just for this 'duster', which has completed 50 pages of discussions?

Edit: It's now 51 pages!

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 27th March 2012 at 17:43. Reason: count of pages = 51
Old 31st March 2012, 00:01   #752
BHPian

Guys, Is there any way to rejuvenate the jopasu duster? I gently washed the duster with a very mild detergent meant for woolen clothes and the duster is not picking up dust like it used to before washing.
Old 31st March 2012, 12:51   #753
BHPian

I checked with the Reliance Autozone in HSR about the Jopasu duster, and they say it is out of stock. Any idea where around Marathahalli you might get it?
Old 1st April 2012, 18:53   #754
BANNED

Today, I visited Reliance CarZone, Toli Chowki today. Got my self Zopasu Large CC CMB Pack. The contents are...

1) Zopasu Car Duster (MRP 475)
2) Zopasu Mini Duster (MRP 250)
3) Zopasu Magic Glove (MRP 250)
4) Zopasu Magic Wipe (MRP 200)
5) Zopasu Wash n' Wax (MRP 150)

Price printed on the pack: 1175
Got for Rs 999.

Used magic glove to clean my laptop. It worked perfectly. The CD is missing from the pack. Didn't check for that when buying.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:51   #755
BHPian

Can someone please post before and after pics of using the duster on a car.Did not find any on the few pages i searched on this 51 page thread.
saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:45   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Can someone please post before and after pics of using the duster on a car
You could check this video, uploaded by Ultimate detailerz, Bangalore.
PART1

PART 2
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:47   #757
Senior - BHPian

My duster lost its dust picking power after using it for 15-20 times max.
Washing it with cold water and drying it in shade did not help!!

Right now it is as good as a broom.

Is there any better duster than this?
Old 15th April 2012, 15:03   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Actually the duster works the best when it is dirty. Dont attempt cleaning it unless you feel the dirt absorption capability has reduced. I have been using mine for the past 5 months and haven't washed it even once. If at all you want to wash it, you need to do so in mild detergent and dry it in shade. The instructions are given in the pack itself for your reference.
Where does all the dust that it absorbs/removes go?

In my case it gets saturated with dust after heavy dusting over a long period. Then it starts depositing dust on the car if I rub it on its surface. When it happens I shake it vigorously or strike it on a clean plain surface repeatedly making it leave a lot of dust behind. Then it regains its dust attracting properties, till it gets saturated again that is.

Do you also experience anything like this?
Old 15th April 2012, 21:07   #759
BHPian

where can i source the car duster in mumbai? i was hoping to find it cheaper outside compared to buying it through ebay.

I am extremely dissatisfied by the job done by these car cleaners in the complex. They hardly clean anything and mess up the windscreen even more. i would rather spend 2 mins every day before i leave and use the duster.
Old 15th April 2012, 21:21   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
where can i source the car duster in mumbai? i was hoping to find it cheaper outside compared to buying it through ebay.

I am extremely dissatisfied by the job done by these car cleaners in the complex. They hardly clean anything and mess up the windscreen even more. i would rather spend 2 mins every day before i leave and use the duster.
Jopasu is good and not many dusters come close to jopasu except for California duster which is atleast x5 times expensive.

dude, it is very difficult to keep a dark colored car clean. Believe me, you end up with so many swirls trying to clean the car. The best option will be spend around 15-20 minutes everyday to clean it by yourself.

Steps I follow are (might sound stupid as I spend 20 minutes everyday in the morning).

1. Wipe off the dust using Jopasu
2. Damp microfiber cloth (usually a mixture of car shampoo & water to damp the cloth).
3. Wipe the surface using this cloth. If the surface feels a bit rough, I will use another microfiber that is wet to remove the dust that would make the surface feel smooth.
4. Use another damp microfiber to clean the windscreen. Finish off using a dry microfiber to remove water streaks off the windscreen, rear glass and the windows.

Wax once in 2 weeks to keep the shine and protect the paint from natural elements.
Old 16th April 2012, 23:36   #761
BHPian

Their ebay shop is still active and some packages are available there with different combinations of their products. I came to know about Jopasu from TeamBhpian "kavu75" who's a friend of mine also. He said he has been using it for quite some time and demonstrated it on his Aveo for me when I visited him in last weekend. It definitely looked a lot better in cleaning neatly and safely than the regular car washer guy at my apartment.

http://www.ebay.in/sch/jopasucarcare...&_trksid=p3686

Last edited by rajni : 16th April 2012 at 23:37. Reason: adding Ebay link
Old 16th April 2012, 23:52   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
Their ebay shop is still active and some packages are available there with different combinations of their products. I came to know about Jopasu from TeamBhpian "kavu75" who's a friend of mine also. He said he has been using it for quite some time and demonstrated it on his Aveo for me when I visited him in last weekend. It definitely looked a lot better in cleaning neatly and safely than the regular car washer guy at my apartment.

jopasucarcare | eBay

So what do you guys suggest?

Jopasu Gift Pack | eBay

Is it advisable to go for the set of 4 items for 1315? Will it be VFM?

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 16th April 2012 at 23:54.
Old 17th April 2012, 08:40   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
So what do you guys suggest?

Jopasu Gift Pack | eBay

Is it advisable to go for the set of 4 items for 1315? Will it be VFM?

Cheers!
Irish
I went for "Jopasu Gift Pack (Small)" which costs INR 799/-. The package contains a car duster and micro fiber cloth as well. I feel this is the best among all others as a tester

Last edited by rajni : 17th April 2012 at 08:41. Reason: adding justification
Old 17th April 2012, 09:10   #764
Senior - BHPian

I ordered 2 dusters yesterday, one for a fellow Bhpian from ebay. The prices have increased to Rs 575/- each.
Old 17th April 2012, 09:32   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus
I ordered 2 dusters yesterday, one for a fellow Bhpian from ebay. The prices have increased to Rs 575/- each.
Reliance autozone in Gurgaon sells the same at discounted price of Rs 470 (sticker price is 575/- only). Bought a replacement last week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks