Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 14:20   #541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Reason being, the words "MUSCLE CAR" in your thread title. With the above placement, i think the car has a much more raw feel, ala eleanor. vs the next picture, where its a much more polished, streamlined and modern feel.
cya
R
+1 to that..... This will preserve the muscle car look
Old 12th May 2010, 16:50   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Man she sure is shaping up well.

Those acrylic circles sure do look cool as too.

As for the foglamp placement, i'm going to go against the tide here and say this one is the best :

Reason being, the words "MUSCLE CAR" in your thread title. With the above placement, i think the car has a much more raw feel, ala eleanor. vs the next picture, where its a much more polished, streamlined and modern feel.

cya
R
hey thank you. yes you do make a point with that. also can u suggest a paint scheme too? i am too confused about it at this point.
what say guys?
Old 12th May 2010, 17:17   #543
BANNED

This car is looking good so far, to really stand out a non metallic red would show of the lines you have created, but i guess that might be too cliche, please don't go for the stripes a single colour gets my vote.

Enjoy,

Stefan
Old 12th May 2010, 17:35   #544
BHPian

IMO, let go off the audi-style beads under the lights. Its adding too much of a feminine touch to the car and seems out of place for a muscle car. It looks "OK" on an Audi because it adds elegance but just seems overdone here.

Secondly, the beam lights seem out of place. If I'm guessing correctly, the 2 dark spots are where the beams shall be located. For an aggressive posture, the beams should be facing inwards AKA Bmw which give it a menacing look.

The car being shaped seems to be suffering from Strabismus, where the eyes are pointing towards two different points and not focusing on one spot.
Old 12th May 2010, 17:41   #545

headlights

This is the kind of headlights that i would favor!!
The color scheme is also quite good, thought not that menacing.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-muscle-car.jpg  

Old 12th May 2010, 17:47   #546
Senior - BHPian

color scheme

Black only a-la knight rider..

Navy Blue with white stripes

Orange with Black stripes.

Yellow with black chequered stripes

Black with white stripes.
Old 12th May 2010, 18:22   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
IMO, let go off the audi-style beads under the lights. Its adding too much of a feminine touch to the car and seems out of place for a muscle car. It looks "OK" on an Audi because it adds elegance but just seems overdone here.
+1 on that!

you must have chosen LEDs to go with the MODERNIZED look,right?so go for something that doesn't bear such striking resemblance to cars rolling off the factory.even if you are borrowing parts, make sure that they aren't easily recognizable.but it's totally your call, sir!you've done an outstanding work with this car so far .
the thing with stripes is that they have been stereotyped.so, i would suggest you come up with a custom(original) vinyl to go with the car's CUSTOM look.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2010 at 14:56. Reason: Strictly no more than 2 smilies per post please
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 19:44   #548
BHPian

I have been following this thread since start but this is my first post, i really like what you are doing and i just dont hope i think your project would really turn out super cool. I have a conti and would be modding it like a 1964 1/2 mustang. I have bought a replica of the same to make sure that it does'nt get posted in wierd and wacky mods :P
Would post pics when work gets started as of now it's lying in the backyard cause i am really thinking about a performace sedan mod before a muscle mod.
all the best for your project
Old 12th May 2010, 21:05   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post

Secondly, the beam lights seem out of place. If I'm guessing correctly, the 2 dark spots are where the beams shall be located. For an aggressive posture, the beams should be facing inwards AKA Bmw which give it a menacing look.

The car being shaped seems to be suffering from Strabismus, where the eyes are pointing towards two different points and not focusing on one spot.

ha ha ha..buddy that was just a 10 sec photoshop job i did at my office in free time. Ofcourse the orignal stuff wouldnt be exact to that ,i have still no idea to how exactly the details on the headlights are gonna work out. only time would tell. All i can promise is it wont look out of place, otherwise the whole point of me as a designer would just go out for a toss

Although as for the stripes i really agree with you guys. i will think of some decent vinyls on it. for now white car with red graphics is really hovering around my hear. somebody had posted it before on the forum. what do u guys say. really! help me out!
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-2010shelbygt500maapacecar.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-mump_0911_16_install_2010_mustang_shakerchin_spoiler.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-hrdp_0907_09_z2010_shelby_gt500_mustangperformance_white.jpg  

Last edited by konjaril : 12th May 2010 at 21:23.
Old 12th May 2010, 21:19   #550
Senior - BHPian

The kind of interest this Modification thread has generated is unparalleled !! Kudos to the team, it would be nice if the results now comeforth, instead of just PS jobs. Post some pics of the real thing. What state it is in for real. etc etc.

Is the engine in place or atleast chosen & sorted out ?? That is the part I am most interested in.

Putting LED's is I think very ANTI- MUSCLE CAR look. I would stay away from LED strips if I were ever to actualize my Muscle car / hotrod dream.

Each to his own I guess, that is just my opinion, everyone has his / her own

Great job nonetheless !! All the very best !!!!!!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 12th May 2010 at 21:21.
Old 12th May 2010, 21:29   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The kind of interest this Modification thread has generated is unparalleled !! Kudos to the team, it would be nice if the results now comeforth, instead of just PS jobs. Post some pics of the real thing. What state it is in for real. etc etc.

Is the engine in place or atleast chosen & sorted out ?? That is the part I am most interested in.

Putting LED's is I think very ANTI- MUSCLE CAR look. I would stay away from LED strips if I were ever to actualize my Muscle car / hotrod dream.

Each to his own I guess, that is just my opinion, everyone has his / her own

Great job nonetheless !! All the very best !!!!!!!

Cheers
Thanks ricky. I really appreciate the support you guys have been providing us. well i will definitely get pics of the real deal tomorrow.

Regarding the lamps i promise you i will take it into consideration.As for the stripes and graphics, i will try something out i have something in mind. not to be exact but something similar. its the latest Alfa romeo Zagato from my company.cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-tz50.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-1884878141110145626.jpg  

Old 12th May 2010, 22:12   #552
BANNED

PLEASE! No graphics, you're creating something very unique, new lines/curves, please go with a single colour it'll really show off the vehicle!
Old 12th May 2010, 22:23   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
PLEASE! No graphics, you're creating something very unique, new lines/curves, please go with a single colour it'll really show off the vehicle!
hmmm well again i dont mind that either. well any specific colour you can think of buddy?
Old 12th May 2010, 22:37   #554
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
hmmm well again i dont mind that either. well any specific colour you can think of buddy?
With a (Rover) V8 or V12 (Apologies, i haven't read the full thread) if it's rover then it's 3.5-4.2litre from my old memory, i've driven many cars with this engine, including the original rover 3500 with auto transmission, it's a seriously powerful car, in the 80's and 90's red was the colour for porches/ferrari's, TVR's etc and still looks stunning, yellow is also popular these days, but i don't think will match your conti (I could be wrong) with metallics a light shade of blue would definatly look sleek. I would also suggest black, but in a dusty climate i have to say no. i do remember a neighbour of mine in the 70's used to bring home ferrari's on a regular basis (this was in the Uk, his best friend owned the local Ferrari/Porche/Maserati dealership) and these were often silver coloured, i recall silver going out of fashion in europe due to the paint being tarnished after only a few years, this issue is not there anymore with clear coat paints.

Hope this helps, dying to see the car finally finished.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Stefan
Old 13th May 2010, 15:00   #555
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
hey thank you. yes you do make a point with that. also can u suggest a paint scheme too? i am too confused about it at this point.
what say guys?
A pure muscle car always wears blue with white racing stripes:

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-dodge_viper_ext_1.jpg

Or silver
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-431271647__dsc18601.jpg

Image source:
Ridelust & allfordmustangs
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks