Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 13:17   #691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
yes mihir the exhausts are definitely gonna be sideways.. as it is very unconventional and looks cool too..
Just a suggestion, If you intend to have the twin exhaust sideways then do you intend to have the exhausts on either sides just to make it more symmetrical, the other side can be a dummy exhaust, Also instead of the exhaust pipes being perpendicular to the car it might look good if they are inclined a bit backwards like a jets wings. What do you think? Apologies for the too many suggestions
Old 15th September 2010, 13:42   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Just a suggestion, If you intend to have the twin exhaust sideways then do you intend to have the exhausts on either sides just to make it more symmetrical, the other side can be a dummy exhaust, Also instead of the exhaust pipes being perpendicular to the car it might look good if they are inclined a bit backwards like a jets wings. What do you think? Apologies for the too many suggestions
They have got a Rover V8 Engine, so in all probability the exhaust will be on the either side of the car.

Only grouse is that there had been no updates, guys please some update.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:45   #693
BHPian

hey Manish am sorry man had no updates for a while, the a pillar on the car is still being worked at and we need it soo strong that even if the car topples it should stand on the pillar .

Anyway we just started opening up the v8 today, a few glitches, the oil pump seems missing as we removed the distributor and the oil pump shaft seems missing, but is not a major pain, there is a small hole in the water pump casing that needs to be filled.

I have attached pics of the conti clutch, pressure plates along with the rovers just for a comparison. the conti components are on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0071.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0073.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0076.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0077.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0078.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0079.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0086.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0093.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-photo0095.jpg  

Last edited by konjaril : 16th September 2010 at 20:46.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:17   #694
BHPian

Posing with the titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Dunno why but the headlights make the car look sleepy... like its ready to doze off. #688
i also saw it when you pointed it out. the good thing is the design for the headlight assembly is yet to be finalised. so just for that reason i am attaching one more pic with a different yet simple headlamp assembly design. still though not the final one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
no issues mihir, as rightly pointed out by Manish, the car will be powered by a v8 motor so there is no need for dummy exhausts or anything, the design always had the exhaust sticking out on both the ends. and yes i will be pointing the pipes behind
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-posing-titans-small.jpg  

Last edited by konjaril : 17th September 2010 at 16:20.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:28   #695
Senior - BHPian

^^^^^
@konjaril

Man, your renderings are picture-perfect, but I should say that the older headlights design made the ride look original. The pic above gives an impression of a mix & match from the 'stang, Chevy, and the air-dams remind me of the Murcielago. Sorry mate, couldn't resist this...
And what about the blinkers? Don't see them in the pic above

I have a doubt, maybe too dumb: The Rover V8 engine that you showed, did it come with its ECU and electronics also? Or do you have to source them as well?

Last edited by silversteed : 17th September 2010 at 16:34.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:37   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
^^^^^
@konjaril

Man, your renderings are picture-perfect, but I should say that the older headlights design made the ride look original. The pic above gives an impression of a mix & match from the 'stang, Chevy, and the air-dams remind me of the Murcielago. Sorry mate, couldn't resist this...
And what about the blinkers? Don't see them in the pic above

I have a doubt, maybe too dumb: The Rover V8 engine that you showed, did it come with its ECU and electronics also? Or do you have to source them as well?
hi silver steel, you will notice the blinkers at the pointy end of the headlamps at extreme left and right, regarding the design the car is already finished 70% bodywise so cant do any changes on that

Yes the rover came with twin cv carbs and not an ECU i might be changing the carbs to better ones though..
Old 17th September 2010, 16:49   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi silver steel, you will notice the blinkers at the pointy end of the headlamps at extreme left and right, regarding the design the car is already finished 70% bodywise so cant do any changes on that

Hey, it was the headlights that i was referring to! I do follow your thread, and know the design flow. The pic that you posted, with your prospective ride positioned between the other two legends gave that impression - because they sport similar lines.

And I remember that you had some fin-like LED strips for the blinkers, or am i wrong?

Try to avoid the plane-jane round headlights, and go for something similar to those in Beemers - might be worth rendering

Quote:
Yes the rover came with twin cv carbs and not an ECU i might be changing the carbs to better ones though..
Thanks for the enlightenment
Old 18th September 2010, 22:24   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Hey, it was the headlights that i was referring to! I do follow your thread, and know the design flow. The pic that you posted, with your prospective ride positioned between the other two legends gave that impression - because they sport similar lines.

And I remember that you had some fin-like LED strips for the blinkers, or am i wrong?

Try to avoid the plane-jane round headlights, and go for something similar to those in Beemers - might be worth rendering

Thanks for the enlightenment
hey silversteed i will definitely be going in for some nicely styled headlamps..just tried the plane jane looks..yes you are right about the fin indicators i am still not sure about them the only way to be sure about them is actually going ahead and making them and if it doesnt go well we might not put 'em
Old 18th September 2010, 22:47   #699
BHPian

From where did you source the V8 and for how much?
Old 18th September 2010, 23:05   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
From where did you source the V8 and for how much?
Sourced it from pune only.Price is a criteria i haven't discussed or even for the fact thought about much...All i can say is i thought the tempo guy charged me extra. lol..just kidding

So have sent u a pm about that buddy
Old 18th September 2010, 23:07   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Sourced it from pune only.Price is a criteria i haven't discussed or even for the fact thought about much...All i can say is i thought the tempo guy charged me extra. lol..just kidding

So have sent u a pm about that buddy
Insanely Insanely cheap
we do have decent resources
Old 15th October 2010, 20:43   #702
BHPian

Hey the updates are long due.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:21   #703
BHPian

waiting for the updates. what is the progress
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:17   #704
BHPian

I am seeing this thread after really long and loved the way the car is picking up.
I guess by now you must almost be done with the car. Do keep us posted
Amazed at the work you guys are putting in
Old 24th November 2010, 15:33   #705
BHPian

Well i am posting this not as an update but just as an info. The conti project was on hold for the last month and maybe for coming two more months, this is purely because of some personal chores, change of job, and in all time availability and financial stress.

We have just placed the v8 under the bonnet and it fits like a glove to the engine mounts. i will try and post some pics. but bear in mind, the oil pump is still missing and we havent started her yet..

But i promise you guys wont be dissapointed and the project will attain its full speed once we start on it.cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks