Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 14:55   #481
BHPian

Re: Tachometers

Does a Chevy Spark have a single ignition coil or Dual ignition coil? check that out first.
tacho's avaliable at milan subway and opera house are mainly for single ignition coil.

UM
Old 8th March 2012, 11:05   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
Does a Chevy Spark have a single ignition coil or Dual ignition coil? check that out first.
tacho's avaliable at milan subway and opera house are mainly for single ignition coil.

UM
I have no idea what type of ignition coil it has. But I'll still check out the tachos at opera and milan.
Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 11:39   #483
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th March 2012 at 02:49. Reason: Please read the MOD note in your post, thanks
Team Fiat is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th March 2012, 11:14   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
An urgent help.
I recently brought an Autogauge 2 in 1 digital Voltmeter+RPM meter.
Need to install this in my CIVIC. When connected, Voltmeter works fine.
Though I already have a stock RPM meter in a CIVIC, but I want this Autoguage unit to be installed seperately which looks cool too (Digital RPM ;-) )
Has anybody installed an addon tachometer in CIVIC ?
Now from the gauge where do I have to clip the RPM wire into ? Where in distributor ? Or does the RPM singal come from ECU ? How easy is it to install an RPM meter.

Can be done in this way, BUTTTT.........
I don't want to open my dashboard and tap the wire which is for RPM meter in the dashboard.

This is how the Gauge looks
I am also looking for a digital pod. where did you source this kit from and how much did you pay for them?
Rds
Arun
Old 12th March 2012, 14:11   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
I am also looking for a digital pod. where did you source this kit from and how much did you pay for them?
Rds
Arun
As I was not able to fit the Digital RPM meter in my CIVIC as the pulse code messages didn't match, I did return the Gauge to the shop.
You can get the same at THROTTLE - Jayanagar 7th block.
I don't rememeber the exact price, somewhere between 2K-2.5K INR
Old 15th April 2012, 12:16   #486
BANNED

Hi
Is there a flattish low profile oval shaped tachometer in the market preferably with flat base and rounded top and sides? Like where the needle moves more in a horizontal arc than vertical?

I dont want to lose the visibility of my bonnet when mounted on the dash of my Gypsy and the off center passenger side area of the dash is taken up by a rotating dash fan.

Alternatively I could mount a round tachometer in the vertical face of the dash (and angled towards me) if diameter is about 5.5cm as there is a round space meant for analog clock that can be cut-out.

Thanks
--Rahul
Old 15th June 2012, 21:55   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hi

Alternatively I could mount a round tachometer in the vertical face of the dash (and angled towards me) if diameter is about 5.5cm as there is a round space meant for analog clock that can be cut-out.

Thanks
--Rahul
Did you get your tacho done. You get those smaller tachos in Blore that you can fit inside the dash inplace of the clock. Ask GSFerrari from where he got that done. I think from RAC in Blore. I brought the gypsy from him and it has that.
Old 18th June 2012, 21:15   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post

UM
Tachometers-kgrhqzgwe29zuld4dbn86plk_35.jpg
Above is the Ignition coil in Chevy Spark. Judging by the looks of it, which type could it be? Single or Dual? I suppose this has 2 coils, one for 2 cylinders.

Also if I have a Tacho where should I connect the green wire on the ignition coil? Let me know if you want to see more detailed pictures of the coil.
Old 13th December 2012, 11:49   #489
BHPian

A friend recently bought a Tachometer from Australia and needs to fit it to a Ritz Ldi. Can somebody please explain where he can get this done in Hyderabad ? In case you are aware of a DIY, please share the steps that need to be followed. He tried with Xenex performance store(not sure of the exact name but it is the new store that has opened in Kavuri Hills) but they did not have a clue.
Old 13th December 2012, 12:33   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
Attachment 943165
Above is the Ignition coil in Chevy Spark. Judging by the looks of it, which type could it be? Single or Dual? I suppose this has 2 coils, one for 2 cylinders.

Also if I have a Tacho where should I connect the green wire on the ignition coil? Let me know if you want to see more detailed pictures of the coil.
This looks like a dual coil. Check the exact specs on the website from where you got this picture.

Didn't you get a connection drawing with the tachometer? The drawing will help in figuring out what connects where.

Edit: I also have a small suspicion that connecting the tacho directly to the coil pack may lead to the tacho showing only half the actual RPM. Something similar happened with a lot of folks who connected aftermarket tachos' to the Swift G series petrol cars. In the Swift the tacho had to get feedback from the ECU for it work correctly.

Last edited by vikram_d : 13th December 2012 at 12:37.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:29   #491
BHPian

Is it possible to install Diesel Tachometer in Petrol car. I was trying to install Ritz tacho in Wagon R but ordered diesel tacho by mistake.

It would be very useful if anyone can tell me about compatibility issues, else I will procure a new one.
Diesel tacho part number 34200M83K10
Petrol tacho part number 34200M83K00

Regards
Old 24th December 2012, 09:55   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Is it possible to install Diesel Tachometer in Petrol car. I was trying to install Ritz tacho in Wagon R but ordered diesel tacho by mistake.
Regards
Dude,
Which make are the tachs? Could you please post the source for its data sheet or some sort of technical info? Diesel tachs are usually hooked to the alternator, where as the petrol tachs show the speed based on spark counts. So if you can tap the alternator speed signal, technically you should be able to use a diesel tach on petrol car. Still please look for the data sheet and share it here.
-Ilango
ilangop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 20:58   #493
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for your resonse.
This is Ritz Diesel tachometer and manufacturer is Pricol.

I tried to search for the spec sheet and circuit diagram but was not able to find this on Pricol website.

Regards,
Old 26th January 2013, 01:05   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your resonse.
This is Ritz Diesel tachometer and manufacturer is Pricol.

I tried to search for the spec sheet and circuit diagram but was not able to find this on Pricol website.

Regards,
I have been able to replace Ritz Diesel tacho with petrol. I was able to test the tacho by temporarily connecting it to ECM signal. Will post pics once install is complete.

Regards.
Old 1st August 2013, 21:38   #495
BHPian

Any information where I can get an Autogauge Tachometer from online, delivered to Assam? This is for a 410w Gypsy if you please.

Many thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks