Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 18:37   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Since its a fully programmable tacho we can set the rpm limit to some particular rpm say 6800 and when the revs hit 6800 the pilot light will glow and its time to shift.Though not of much use on the road ,really useful on track days .
Hi,
i guess that's the shift light you are talking about but there is a thingy which says "Warning".I was wondering what that does?

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 7th November 2009 at 18:38.
Old 8th November 2009, 08:04   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi,
i guess that's the shift light you are talking about but there is a thingy which says "Warning".I was wondering what that does?
That glows when you go 300 rpm above the limit that u have set..
Old 1st December 2009, 14:48   #363
BHPian

GUYS! Help me out now, I read few posts posted earlier in this thread, Some one said that MASS agreed to install A-Star's tacho on his alto but how is it possible? Alto is a 3cylinder car and A-Star is a 4 cylinder car. Can this thing be programmed to work with a 3cylinder car too? Does it require any custom changes? If it works with alto, It'll sure work with M800 too.
My budget is around 3k so can i get one from any manufacturer which ca nwork perfectly with a 3cylinder car? I mean a tacho which has 3cylinder settings, I have no probs with the installation part, I'm good at doing DIys so that is not a problem for me.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:41   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Mate, I tried this for my Alto and don't think it is possible for the Wagon R. The reason being that the tacho for the A-Star draws its signal source directly from the ECU and not from the ignition coil, which means it can't be fitted into any other car without tampering of the ECU which IMHO is a big no-no.

Regards,
gpa
@ kingofmyworld, Above is the answer to your query. People have recommended to install 3rd party tachos. There few in this thread which are in your budget, please go over few pages.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:44   #365
BHPian

Any one from hyderabad who can help me to source an RPM gauge which works with a 3 cylinder engine in hyderabad?
Old 1st December 2009, 16:54   #366
BHPian

well N1 racing in Mumbai does it.
a friend got it done on an alto..
Old 1st December 2009, 18:43   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
GUYS! Help me out now, I read few posts posted earlier in this thread, Some one said that MASS agreed to install A-Star's tacho on his alto but how is it possible? Alto is a 3cylinder car and A-Star is a 4 cylinder car. Can this thing be programmed to work with a 3cylinder car too? Does it require any custom changes? If it works with alto, It'll sure work with M800 too.
@ kingofmyworld, A Star is a 3 cylinder car. This is the reason why it is said that A Star's tacho can be fixed in Alto.

- Jose.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:05   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
@ kingofmyworld, A Star is a 3 cylinder car. This is the reason why it is said that A Star's tacho can be fixed in Alto.

- Jose.
A-Star Is a 4 cylidner car i believe
Old 1st December 2009, 19:07   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A-Star Is a 4 cylidner car i believe
Buddy it''s a 3 cylinder kb-series engine.The ritz has a 4 cylinder engine.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:12   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy it''s a 3 cylinder kb-series engine.The ritz has a 4 cylinder engine.
Oh, My bad
then i believe it will work with M800, Doesn't it?
Old 5th December 2009, 00:12   #371
BHPian

No idea about Orange & yellow, But blue goes for the water temp thing, green for the RPM signal and black for the battery -ve terminal.
Old 25th December 2009, 14:04   #372
BHPian

Got my RPM guge today
Yet to be installed, I'll do the install by evening and post the pics here, For now here is a pic of the RPM gauge packed.
Attached Thumbnails
Tachometers-photo0171.jpg  

Old 25th December 2009, 15:32   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld
Got my RPM guge today
Yet to be installed, I'll do the install by evening and post the pics here,
For now here is a pic of the RPM gauge packed.
Hey , i guess my kinda of guage is getting popular around :-).even Amit_mechengg has one.

Well buddy good luck with the install.Make sure you get the position right.The Base is a stick on and can be screwed on but make sure you have the best placement without obstructing your view.I was thinking about embedding the piece inside the dashboard thus leaving only the glass visible outside but the 800's dasboard is not broad enough to do this.

Well like me if you want,you could secure the tacho with a lock.I have kinda of done a do DIY saftey for the tacho lock,looks ugly because it has chains around it and all but gives me atleast some peace of mind.

For that i have used a lock with a long neck similar to like the picture below and used it as the base of the tacho.To this lock is a chain which is wrapped around the dashboard and ends with another lock.I can put pics if you want later.
Till then i am looking forward for your install pics.

Tachometers-stockphotolockwithextralonghardenedsteelhandleisolatedpathincluded1464676.jpg

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 25th December 2009 at 15:36.
Old 25th December 2009, 16:06   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Got my RPM guge today
Yet to be installed, I'll do the install by evening and post the pics here, For now here is a pic of the RPM gauge packed.
I think i have seen the very same RPM gauge somewhere, i can't remember.

Quote:
Hey , i guess my kinda of guage is getting popular around :-).even Amit_mechengg has one.

Well like me if you want,you could secure the tacho with a lock.I have kinda of done a do DIY saftey for the tacho lock,looks ugly because it has chains around it and all but gives me atleast some peace of mind.

Attachment 251218
It was tough searching for the gauge, got it from Milan Subway on a Sunday and this was the last 3 3/4 Tacho there. So he's one lucky chap.

I am a bit amused about locking the tacho with a regular lock, it'll definitely look funny. Do you have any pics of the same?
Old 25th December 2009, 16:30   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
I think i have seen the very same RPM gauge somewhere, i can't remember.
How can the santa who got this gauge for my ride forget it?
Santa ko short term memory loss hogaya?

Quote:

Well buddy good luck with the install.Make sure you get the position right.The Base is a stick on and can be screwed on but make sure you have the best placement without obstructing your view.I was thinking about embedding the piece inside the dashboard thus leaving only the glass visible outside but the 800's dasboard is not broad enough to do this.
Yeah mate, Look good too, I'm going to do the install this evening and ill post the installation pics along with a DIY thread if time permits. Tried mounting it on the right end of the dash but because of the inclination of the dash im unable to mount in a proper angle, I'm trying to make some changes to fix it in a correct position. Hopefully by tonight ill do the install and keep the thread updated.
Thanks for your help and thanks for santa " adishenoy" for getting the tacho for my ride

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks