Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 11:51   #286
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Finally, MUL reverted saying it couldn't be done. Which is BS, because it CAN be done... the only problem is that they're probably the only ones capable of doing it, but they won't.
ghostrider,

This is really sad and atrocious in terms of attitude from MUL.
The guys at your MASS need to be given a pat on their back for the hard work they put in. The tacho install in the Swift (D) is not as easy like say on an Alto like amit poited out a few posts back.

Is there anything that you can do to resolve this?

Cheers,
gpa
Old 20th July 2009, 12:03   #287
BHPian

Guys,

Can you please help me with the question in the following post?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1388260-post256.html

Thank you.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:18   #288
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Finally, MUL reverted saying it couldn't be done. Which is BS, because it CAN be done... the only problem is that they're probably the only ones capable of doing it, but they won't.
I hope you get another chance to get a tachometer installed. The Ritz Diesel one has an external one.

I wish someone with knowledge of the electrical / electronic system related to this helps you. Unfortunately I don't even know the basics.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:21   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Guys,

I am having a 2005 Getz GVS petrol that does not have an tacho on it. Is it possible to fit a tacho without any complications?. Anyone has done it?. How much will a tacho with shift light cost?. I dont want anything that is big and too fancy. Please let me know. Thank you.
Should be pretty straightforward. What you need is a tacho for a petrol 4-cyl car. The only question is does the Getz have a single ignition coil or a dual-coil system? That will affect the tacho installation and reading.

An Autogauge coil with a shift light will cost between 1500 and 2500, depending on the size you buy. The person you buy it from should be able to install it for you without any hassles.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:23   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
I hope you get another chance to get a tachometer installed. The Ritz Diesel one has an external one.
I wish someone with knowledge of the electrical / electronic system related to this helps you. Unfortunately I don't even know the basics.
Thanks, anyway.

MASS did offer to fit the instrument console from the VDi for 8 grand, which I politely declined. That pissed me off a little bit though... if they can hook up the in-dash tacho signal source from the VDi cluster to the ECU, I'm SURE they can do it for another tacho.... but anyway... it's a moot point now I guess. :(
Old 20th July 2009, 13:23   #291
Senior - BHPian

^^
do you have the cable with connector behind your dash which is common between LDI and VDI ? is mass just going to put the VDI console and hook that cable in the console slot?
if this is the case its easy for you. catch hold of a very good electrician and ask him to pin the signal wire into the connector of the console. you will have to try to get the correct signal wire. there might be few wires. leaving apart the red and black wire you can try other. i think there will be yellow/orange wire.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:28   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
^^
do you have the cable with connector behind your dash which is common between LDI and VDI ? is mass just going to put the VDI console and hook that cable in the console slot?
if this is the case its easy for you. catch hold of a very good electrician and ask him to pin the signal wire into the connector of the console. you will have to try to get the correct signal wire. there might be few wires. leaving apart the red and black wire you can try other. i think there will be yellow/orange wire.
I'm not sure, to be honest. Are you sure this wire exists? Because if so, then they can just hook my Autogauge tacho into this wire...

To the best of my knowledge this doesn't exist... can you confirm? I'd be VERY grateful.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:34   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure, to be honest. Are you sure this wire exists? Because if so, then they can just hook my Autogauge tacho into this wire...

To the best of my knowledge this doesn't exist... can you confirm? I'd be VERY grateful.
i am not sure this wire exists. this is what i am asking you. if MASS can change the console and wire that tacho i can say that there is a signal source. this is why they are saying they can do it. generally what happens is in mass manufacturing the wire harness kit is same for different versions of same model.
that means in ldi the wire harness with N number of connector and sockets might be almost same as VDi. you will have to compare both with MASS or in swift parts manual.
if it is same then there should be one connector left hanging behind your dash and one will be connected to the speedo. from the second connector you will have to take a signal cable out.
a bit of investigation is required though, i wish you all the best and pray that you get the tacho fitted.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:47   #294
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

The electrical circuit diagram if obtained will help in identifying the wire. The workshop service manual would have it.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:45   #295
BHPian

Can i fit an after market tacho with shift light to Swift petrol LXI? What might be the price incurred ? and what measures have to be taken before buying one? and whom can i get the fitting done from?
Old 20th July 2009, 23:55   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i am not sure this wire exists. this is what i am asking you. if MASS can change the console and wire that tacho i can say that there is a signal source. this is why they are saying they can do it. generally what happens is in mass manufacturing the wire harness kit is same for different versions of same model.
that means in ldi the wire harness with N number of connector and sockets might be almost same as VDi. you will have to compare both with MASS or in swift parts manual.
if it is same then there should be one connector left hanging behind your dash and one will be connected to the speedo. from the second connector you will have to take a signal cable out.
a bit of investigation is required though, i wish you all the best and pray that you get the tacho fitted.
I'll see what I can do. I plan on going to Vitesse and asking them how they would plan on fitting the VDi cluster to an LDi. If I'd given them the go ahead to do this, they would have to get the rpm signal source from somewhere, right??? WHERE??
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:48   #297
BHPian

here is the install of my tachometer in swift Lxi,its done by M.A.S in Vizag ,they are very helpful in doing it. Plugged it to the ECM. Works Pretty Good.

Old 23rd July 2009, 21:30   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakrz View Post
here is the install of my tachometer in swift Lxi,its done by M.A.S in Vizag ,they are very helpful in doing it. Plugged it to the ECM. Works Pretty Good.
Just as long as you can live with a grossly over-rated meter!
Eleven Kilos, (for a six and a half K (?) engine)!!
Old 24th July 2009, 01:19   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Just as long as you can live with a grossly over-rated meter!
Eleven Kilos, (for a six and a half K (?) engine)!!
as long as it serves the basic purpose of a tacho,it shouldn't matter...!
Old 24th July 2009, 13:26   #300
gpa
Senior - BHPian

That's a nice tacho freakrz Is that an auto guage meter?

Also, its suprising that you this done at your friendly neighbourhood MASS.

Cheers,
gpa

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks