Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 22:19   #31
BHPian

Cool Congrats

Please let us know the review.

BTW which type it is , does it recharge itself & drain the charge to battery slowly when plugged
or the other one.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Cool Congrats

Please let us know the review.

BTW which type it is , does it recharge itself & drain the charge to battery slowly when plugged
or the other one.
Thanks samtheleo, Got the courier, kept it for initial charging today.

This is a True Jump Starter kit, its has 19amps battery in it, And it will retain the charge upto 60 days. Some of the features are

1) Directly fix the jumper cable provided with the unit to dead battery, switch an ON switch and crank the engine, it can provide peak upto 1000watts when jump starting.
2) It has 12v output and USB output, useful to charge electronic equipments.
3) 120psi inflator with pressure indicator. will check this one 1st.
4) Emergency LED light.
5) It has Charge indicator when we press a button or while charging, indicting high and low charge of the built in battery.
6) Reverse polarity indicator while jump starting.

I have kept for charging now, since the instructions says charge it for 24 hours before initial use. Will write about its performance tomorrow.

Last edited by shamanth : 16th February 2010 at 10:20.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Here are photos of my new Jump Starter
Attached Thumbnails
Jump Starters for Auto Transmission Vehicles-img_0001.jpg  

Jump Starters for Auto Transmission Vehicles-img_0002.jpg  

Jump Starters for Auto Transmission Vehicles-img_0003.jpg  

Jump Starters for Auto Transmission Vehicles-img_0004.jpg  

Old 16th February 2010, 22:32   #34
BHPian

Wow this looks cool & certainly different from what we get here. Will look forward to the performance review & if good then would be intrested to go for it.
Old 17th February 2010, 00:36   #35
BHPian

Hi Shamanth,
Good buy. Do let us know how it performs as well. The one I had got earlier is completely useless for jumpstarting a car.
I will be keeping an eye on the item to see if the price drops again!
Old 17th February 2010, 10:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Hi Shamanth,
Good buy. Do let us know how it performs as well. The one I had got earlier is completely useless for jumpstarting a car.
I will be keeping an eye on the item to see if the price drops again!
Yes better watch it, I kept watching this in ebay globe shoppee for around 3 months, found out this was the cheapest including shipping i could have got. Checked lot of things in ebay, Amazon, 20north, boarderlinks. Most in this type and weight were costing around 10k to 12k with shipment.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Few things i checked out today after initial charge

Air compressor: Today i checked out the Air compressor, My 1st impression was, wow its powerful. Certainly performs like a good 19AH battery. Got my bike Tyre pumped from 30psi to 35psi with in an minute time. So its much powerful than normal air compressor operated with car battery.
Just have to fix the pump output to tyre and there is ON/OFF switch, switched ON, and the compressor started pumping as the light on the pressure guage indicator started to glove, before i could realise it had pumped 5PSI. I checked the pressure with my different pressure gague and this inbuilt gague was pretty accurate. And yes its does make some noise just like any compressor.

LED Light: An useful LED light is attached in the instrument, it works like a torch, and can move up and down and sidewards. Should be very useful when jump starting at night.

USB: It has a USB out, tried charging cell phone and ipod and it works fine.

12v DC Out: It has a 12V dc out just like in car, can connect any instrument used in car and also can connect any AC instrument using the 12v car DC to AC convertor.

Battery Status Check Button: There is a button when we press, it shows in LED whether battery is fully charged, half charged or low charge. Very useful to know when to charge battery or not.

Main thing this instrument is intended to is to Jump start, so i still have to wait if any when my car battery drains out or my neighbors car battery is in trouble But seeing the power of Air compressor, this should be easily able to jump start cars. Will let you guys know when it happens.
Old 6th March 2010, 11:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

Today i finally got a chance to use my Jump-Starter kit. Today i came to my home town, wanted to take out my Dad's Car(Zen) outside. I tried to start the car, the battery was low and could not start. Fortunately i was carrying my new jump-starter kit with me and i was waiting for this chance ever since i brought jump-starter. So I picked up the jump starter and for me it was like a exam, my family was watching and i had paid Rs6000 for this, if it had failed i would have got mouthful from everyone

I fixed the positive and negative clamps of starter kit to battery then switched on the Jumpstarter. Then i went to start the car, 1st Crank the car did not start, i also cranked it half just worried if everything is fine. So Now for the 2nd time i cranked the car starter easily. Then i left the car is start mode so that battery gets charged. Switched off the jump-starter, removed the clamps. With in 5 mins car was ready.

I checked the battery status its still showing fully charged. I took chance when i brought it since i got it from ebay globe shopee from US there is no chance of Warranty. I am very happy with the performance. I just clicked a photo from my mobile when i was jump-starting will post you when i am back.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Photo of jumpstarter while starting the car, took it from my mobile, sorry for bad quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Jump Starters for Auto Transmission Vehicles-06032010.jpg  

Old 16th April 2010, 10:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

JumpStarted my ANHC

This Sunday i got 2nd opportunity to jump start the car. This time it was my ANHC, Had gone to cousins place, her kids kept on playing music in my car for long long time and don't know what all they switched on. When it was time to go home at night, car battery don't have enough juice to start the car. Luckily i had kept this jump starter kit under the rear seat.

Just took the Stanley jump Starter and fixed the points, as this was my 2nd time, no nervousness this time. 1st attempt the car started, left the car running for 5 min removed the jump starter and everything was fine. This time it was really useful and within 5 min problem solved.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:50   #41
BANNED

Hey awesome review. Just what the doctor ordered. For OTRs this would be a useful tool.
Old 16th April 2010, 13:28   #42
BHPian

very good buy.. it's always useful when you are really in need.

Thanks for pics and detailed review. I will also keep watch for it and probably may get one when I go to US next time.

BTW, I just checked the price in Amazon and Walmart: it is $63 i.e Rs. 2846 (http://www.google.co.in/search?q=64+...ient=firefox-a)

Definitely worth to buy there.

Last edited by niv26 : 16th April 2010 at 13:38.
Old 16th April 2010, 15:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
very good buy.. it's always useful when you are really in need.

Thanks for pics and detailed review. I will also keep watch for it and probably may get one when I go to US next time.

BTW, I just checked the price in Amazon and Walmart: it is $63 i.e Rs. 2846 (64 USD to INR - Google Search)

Definitely worth to buy there.
Ya, jumpstarters in US costs from Rs 2000 to Rs 5000. But because of the weight shipping charge goes up a lot. So total price is showing up to Rs 10,000. I was lucky my Jump starter was costing $87, ebay Globe Shopee was showing total price as Rs 6,600. So just brought it outright.

I searched a lot in india, let alone anyone keeping it, they even dont know jump starter Kit exits. There was one instant starter in Reliance, but as per most reviews instant starter don't have enough juice to start a car. Just look for true jumpStarter kit.
Old 15th June 2010, 09:32   #44
BANNED

It looks like a very useful device, hope somebody will stock it. The freight component will be very high (20North asks for Rs.20k).

With the increasing popularity of AT cars it may now be a viable stock item.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It looks like a very useful device, hope somebody will stock it. The freight component will be very high (20North asks for Rs.20k).

With the increasing popularity of AT cars it may now be a viable stock item.
Ebay Globe Shoppe has better rates, you can keep tracking here

Global Easy Buy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks