Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 20:19   #226
BHPian

Re: Modifying my Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Here you go!
I sourced the wrap from ebay.in.

Had removed the 'plastic thing' and washed it with liquid detergent, dried it in sunlight before applying the wrap
Thanks Hammer, Is the removal easy, any specific clips present to be unlocked ? The Install looks neat, hope it will stay put and not peel off due to weather, if it s outdoor grade ?

Any idea to blacken front bumper and headlamp reflectors ?

Last edited by sriramr9 : 22nd May 2014 at 20:30.
Old 23rd May 2014, 08:57   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Thanks Hammer, Is the removal easy, any specific clips present to be unlocked ? The Install looks neat, hope it will stay put and not peel off due to weather, if it s outdoor grade ?

Any idea to blacken front bumper and headlamp reflectors ?
Its a 2 piece part. Its fixed using 2 bolts located under the bonnet and few 'fragile' plastic rivets. You need to be gentle to pull it out sideways after removing the bolts. If you apply little pressure, you will break the rivets.

If you do break few rivets, you may use double sided tape.

So far looks good. Not faded.

I wont be touching the bumper however I may look at blackening head & tail lights.

Last edited by HammerHead : 23rd May 2014 at 08:59.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:25   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I wont be touching the bumper however I may look at blackening head & tail lights.
Let me know when you do it, i heard kava automobile mumbai sells OEM grade smoked front and rear tail lenses for punto .

Had a word with kava guys at Mumbai, the price seems to be ok but they are not mentioning from whom they are sourcing this product but say its ORIGINAL and costs 4900 + packing charges 300, this is for the smoked headlamps lenses and housing alone.
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:29   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Had a word with kava guys at Mumbai, the price seems to be ok but they are not mentioning from whom they are sourcing this product but say its ORIGINAL and costs 4900 + packing charges 300, this is for the smoked headlamps lenses and housing alone.
Those smoked lamps are exactly what you see in my car posted in the previous page.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 16:22   #230
BHPian

Hi folks! rekindling an old thread. I have bought a Punto Evo Dynamic 1.3D recently. Pics coming soon. Haven't carried out any mods yet. Waiting for the registration to complete. I have seen some people mod to 17 inch wheels in the thread and they look absolutely drool worthy. However, the showroom says that anything larger than 15 inch wheels(14 being the stock) will adversely affect the suspension and cause problems. How accurate is it? Has anyone faced any issues with that upgrade?
Old 6th February 2016, 10:21   #231
BHPian

have used the punto with 17inch wheels and did almost close to 80 thousand kms before i parted with it. It faced no issues during my ownership tenure of 3 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Modifying my Fiat Punto-fb_img_1428886556425.jpg  

Modifying my Fiat Punto-fb_img_1428886685173.jpg  

Modifying my Fiat Punto-fb_img_1430522344635.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 15:45   #232
BHPian

Modifying my Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja484 View Post
However, the showroom says that anything larger than 15 inch wheels(14 being the stock) will adversely affect the suspension and cause problems. How accurate is it? Has anyone faced any issues with that upgrade?

The Punto Evo Sport and Abarth come with 16 inch wheels from the factory, so the SA is just messing with you! 17s might make the ride a little harsh but I doubt it affects the suspension. The ride is awesome in my Punto running stock 16 inch wheels.
Old 19th February 2016, 12:47   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
The Punto Evo Sport and Abarth come with 16 inch wheels from the factory, so the SA is just messing with you! 17s might make the ride a little harsh but I doubt it affects the suspension. The ride is awesome in my Punto running stock 16 inch wheels.
True but the SA tells me that the suspension on each of these models is slightly different and a one inch upgrade is best. I am not sure how different it is but i feel that the Abarth definitely has different suspension. In any case it is already been 20 days since the car is delivered and I am thinking I will ride out these puny tires with the rims and after 30k kms, I will upgrade to a bigger rim size. Also by then I wont be so finicky about the warranty and the entire car itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks