Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:02   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
@naveen: Any pics of the repaired/repainted section? Also, do post pictures of the LEDs (in action) that you have bought, however I felt that they were a little expensive.

Drive safe.
It's in the workshop. I shall get them tomorrow evening. I think these are pretty cheap considering that these DRL's come around 4-5k in local shops.
Will definitely post the pics when I have them ready.

Cheers
Old 24th January 2011, 12:12   #107
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
I would not start a brawl at any cost, but I always make sure that I see it through to the end if instigated into a fight.
I think you need to go back and read the accident report again. No one instigated him into any fight.

Quote:
My comment was owing to the fact that Naveen's car was damaged because the other chap was least bothered to be careful.
No one gets into accidents on purpose.

Quote:
I would love to see you wriggle out of such a situation without paying the rick driver by reciting out loud the following
I have been driving for over 15 years, have clocked probably 300,000 - 400,000 kms under by belt, and have never been extorted of money. Period.

Quote:
What I am trying to convey is that I would not instigate violence in any case
That's exactly what you did. The rick driver did NOT instigate violence; and your exact post was:

Quote:
You should have taken a rod or some kinda heavy brick and smashed up his glasses. I mean coming and banging your car while it was parked !! Where the hell was he looking and driving ?
First you say you won't be the first-mover. Now, you are advising the thread starter to damage someone else's property with a rod or brick?

Again, please be advised that we will NOT tolerate such violent posts on the forum.
Old 24th January 2011, 12:55   #108
BHPian

OK. I think atleast Naveen knew that it was just a figure of speech and not in any way meant to instigate him into sudden violence against anyone/anything. You ought to relax a bit now and then. Otherwise all I can say is that nitpicking has got a whole new meaning on this forum.
Old 26th January 2011, 19:22   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally repaired the car and got the DRL's installed. Paid 2k for everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Custom Modz-img00174201101261545.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img00175201101261545.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img00180201101261904.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img00181201101261905.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img00182201101261905.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img00176201101261547.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img00177201101261547.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img00178201101261547.jpg  

Old 26th January 2011, 19:50   #110
Senior - BHPian

^^ naveen, glad to see the car back in full glory again & the drls look good. Upon seeing them on the car, I would say that they look better than expected to me personally as I feel that they are small enough to be subtle yet big enough to be seen across a distance.

Drive safe mate.
Old 26th January 2011, 21:05   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^ naveen, glad to see the car back in full glory again & the drls look good. Upon seeing them on the car, I would say that they look better than expected to me personally as I feel that they are small enough to be subtle yet big enough to be seen across a distance.

Drive safe mate.
Thanks a lot dude. Yes, I feel that the size is apt for the car. I never wanted the usual big DRL's. That's the reason why I opted for the smaller version. Initially thought of going for a bigger model then decided to stick with this. The output is pretty good. Not as bright as OEM DRL's but will serve the purpose.

NEXT UPDATE - SIDE SKIRTS and FRONT WINDSHIELD SUN FILMS (2nd week of Feb)
Old 28th January 2011, 22:36   #112
Senior - BHPian

^^ hey naveen, just a word of caution (though you might already be aware) which is that I had read many a folks here sharing their experiences on ECU troubles in swifts post windscreen film installations. This was owing to the fact (as per the posts I had seen) that the ECU is inside the cabin in a swift & possibly right under the windscreen behind the dash & the water used during film installation creeps into it since the ECU is not a sealed unit on this car. Do exercise caution while getting the windscreen film installed.

Lastly, I recently got a chance to get first hand reviews about the windscreen film from a colleague of mine. I had to see the car (during night) to believe that the view ahead looked like a curtained one. The film was about 2 years old & we got it removed today & the difference is clear. It was really difficult driving that car with the film on the windscreen. The film was from 3M itself, the model no. I am not aware. So, do think it through once again before deciding to go ahead with windscreen films.

Drive safe.
Old 29th January 2011, 16:55   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^ hey naveen, just a word of caution (though you might already be aware) which is that I had read many a folks here sharing their experiences on ECU troubles in swifts post windscreen film installations. This was owing to the fact (as per the posts I had seen) that the ECU is inside the cabin in a swift & possibly right under the windscreen behind the dash & the water used during film installation creeps into it since the ECU is not a sealed unit on this car. Do exercise caution while getting the windscreen film installed.

Lastly, I recently got a chance to get first hand reviews about the windscreen film from a colleague of mine. I had to see the car (during night) to believe that the view ahead looked like a curtained one. The film was about 2 years old & we got it removed today & the difference is clear. It was really difficult driving that car with the film on the windscreen. The film was from 3M itself, the model no. I am not aware. So, do think it through once again before deciding to go ahead with windscreen films.

Drive safe.
Dude, thanks a lot for that response. I have been thinking about this for well over an year now. Did a lot of R&D on this. .

I have heard about the ECU issue on TBHP too. But, after consulting with over 15-20 Swift owners with front windshield sun films installed, I feel the confidence to go ahead with it.

For the second point - This was one major concern I had. I didnt want to have this difference or as you called "curtain" effect when these are installed. I have seen many rides with this problem. I totally stand against this. But I have seen many rides where it's completely black outside, but from inside it feels that there are not tints installed. After going through these rides, I came to know that these are expensive. But luckily, I found one Swift (fellow bhpian from blore), that's got what I wanted. A gradient/transition kinda sun film and comes around 5k. I have attached his ride. These are with the front sunfilms installed and the second pic shows his side sun films too just to feel the difference.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Custom Modz-img_0561.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img_0563.jpg  

Old 29th January 2011, 17:28   #114
BHPian

Hey Naveen. Nice looking car there. Can the DRLs be switched on individually? Or is it connected to the parking lights? Again, are they purely aesthetic or are they of some use?

Cheers!

Cartman.
Old 29th January 2011, 18:42   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Hey Naveen. Nice looking car there. Can the DRLs be switched on individually? Or is it connected to the parking lights? Again, are they purely aesthetic or are they of some use?

Cheers!

Cartman.
Thanks. I have directly connected it to the parking lights. Didnt want to go for the extra switch.
They are purely for the 'bling' factor. This aint that bright as you see as OEM fitment in luxury cars.
Cheers.!
Old 29th January 2011, 19:38   #116
Senior - BHPian

I have been pondering for quite some time to install front windsheild films. Felt it may be difficult at night

But, am more inclined to do it for two reasons. 1) Remove dasboard reflection that is disturbing at times 2) assist in reducing blindness caused by high beem drivers
Old 29th January 2011, 19:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

@naveen: From the pics you have posted, the visibility does not seem to be a problem because in my colleague's car, we would have difficulty in even well lit areas.

But pictures can only tell that much, however, if you feel confident, then you should try it because the benefits would definitely be noticeable. The biggest reason that I had been personally inclined towards them was the heat reduction & glare reduction. Let me know which brand & model you specifically went ahead with.

Take care, drive safe.
Old 29th January 2011, 20:27   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I have been pondering for quite some time to install front windsheild films. Felt it may be difficult at night

But, am more inclined to do it for two reasons. 1) Remove dasboard reflection that is disturbing at times 2) assist in reducing blindness caused by high beem drivers
Yes, this is the reason why I plan to go for these. Night driving is a major problem here.

Quote:
@naveen: From the pics you have posted, the visibility does not seem to be a problem because in my colleague's car, we would have difficulty in even well lit areas.

But pictures can only tell that much, however, if you feel confident, then you should try it because the benefits would definitely be noticeable. The biggest reason that I had been personally inclined towards them was the heat reduction & glare reduction. Let me know which brand & model you specifically went ahead with.

Take care, drive safe.
Yes, from the pics and from his friends i got to hear this. They never believed that sun films were installed. They had to get in and out of the car to check for themselves. This made me more interested and got his assurance.

Sure. Anyways, I shall be taking my ride to blore in 2 weeks to install the side skirts. So I shall install the sun films too. Will let you know the details with pics once that's done.

Cheers.!
Old 9th February 2011, 10:06   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks. I have directly connected it to the parking lights. Didnt want to go for the extra switch.
They are purely for the 'bling' factor. This aint that bright as you see as OEM fitment in luxury cars.
Cheers.!
How are they 'DRLs' if you've connected them to the parking lights? Are you driving with your parking lights on during the day as well?
Old 9th February 2011, 10:29   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
How are they 'DRLs' if you've connected them to the parking lights? Are you driving with your parking lights on during the day as well?
Yes. I know. Anyways, I wont be using these as DRL's since it aint necessary here. So I have directly connected to the parking light.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks