Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 06:07   #1
BHPian

Flippy Keys

Hey guys I searched for these on the forum, and couldn't find any information relating to them.

OK so we have all seen these key fobs that come with such cars as Skodas, i20s, Fiats, VWs etc.

The above image is for reference.

Well I've seen some people get such keys for cars like the swift and the santro.

Now my question is where in India can I get a blank flip key (Sidewinder key) with a transponder chip in it the same frequency as Hondas.

I'd like to get a couple of spare keys made like this, but they have to have the appropriate transponder in them.

Awaiting any and all replies, thanks.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th May 2010 at 16:20. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 25th May 2010, 06:38   #2
knp
BHPian

I had bought the flipkeys through Ebay. But, these do not come with the chipset. I had taken out my existing key's chipset and put that in the flipkey. I got it couple of these for my i10 and they are pretty good.
Old 25th May 2010, 08:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I had bought the flipkeys through Ebay. But, these do not come with the chipset. I had taken out my existing key's chipset and put that in the flipkey. I got it couple of these for my i10 and they are pretty good.
How do you take the RFID chipset out?

I need them badly since the keys scratch the mobile phone & Ipod screen regularly when inside my pockets.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:24   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea on how much it will cost to get the keys for my swift like this??
Old 25th May 2010, 11:48   #5
BHPian

One of the members here, rohitrk has got this done for his Sonata Embera. See the post here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ded-sedan.html (Restoring the ride height for a loaded Sedan)

You can find the FOBs here:

ESI MALL

This is a Korean Website

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 25th May 2010 at 11:54.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hello knp,

If you can post the pictures of the keys you are using, that will help us a lot. Where did you get the keys cut? Hyundai A.S.S? If you can point me to the direct URL for the flipkey that you have bought, it will be very nice of you.

TIA
Mrinal.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Confused!

Hi guys,

I am totally in love with these flip keys but I am really curious to know as to how does one make these flip keys compatible to your originaly set?

Further more, this is specifically for 'KNP', how did you integrate the circuit of your remote control or your security system with that of the flip key? i saw the product on Ebay which is a 02 button remote flip key casing. I am using the Xenos Firewall 350 security system which comes with a remote having 03 functional buttons. How does one intigrate it in this case?

Last edited by Epic : 25th May 2010 at 13:00.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:47   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I use nippon car security system with 3 buttons. Any idea on how I can use flip key and how much it will cost? Please shed some ideas guys.!
Old 25th May 2010, 15:28   #9
BHPian

Glad to see the interest here on these keys, yet surprised to know that this topic didn't exist till today.

Quote:
I had bought the flipkeys through Ebay. But, these do not come with the chipset. I had taken out my existing key's chipset and put that in the flipkey.
Well I agree that the key shells are easy to come by, the only problem is that I need spare keys (Have only 1 surviving key with me.) Honda's charging INR 8,000 for 1 key. I may very well buy the key and then get a shell and transplant it like you mentioned, but that just increases my cost unnecessarily.

Hence the request for flip keys with pre-existing guts that can be programmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
How do you take the RFID chipset out?

I need them badly since the keys scratch the mobile phone & Ipod screen regularly when inside my pockets.
All you need is a flip key shell with matching dimensions to your original key. The transplantation then is straightforward.

Anyone know the cost of a spare i20 or linea key? Also what frequency transponder do they use? The spares from A.S.S. wont be as expensive as Honda, and if they can be used then I'm sure a lot of people would love to pick them up.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:43   #10
BHPian

Can anyone please tell me where can i find it in mumbai or somewhere around? i would like to have it on my swift vxi keys.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
All you need is a flip key shell with matching dimensions to your original key. The transplantation then is straightforward.
Doc, do you mean to say that one cannot have them intigrated to an aftermarket remote and can only be intigrated to remotes provided as OE?
Old 25th May 2010, 19:04   #12
knp
BHPian

I had bought them through ebay.com (GiES stores) and I had paid around 19$ per piece ncluding the shipping to India. I had bought 3 pieces for hyundai i10, but actually cut only one and keeping two as spares.

I got the keys cut from a duplicate key maker at JP nagar, near Dalmia circle and paid 50/-. It's very easy to move the chipset from the existing remote to this flip keys.

I will try to take few pictures of this and post them.
If anyone wants, then I can sell one piece (this is for hyundai i10) as I got the custom logo stickers of Hyundai only for them.
In fact, I got to know about this from one of the hyundai forums, Flip Key - Hyundai-Forums.com

This is the model that I am having ..
Attached Thumbnails
Flippy Keys-s113.jpg  

Last edited by knp : 25th May 2010 at 19:12. Reason: updated with pictures.
knp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2010, 22:42   #13
~~h
BHPian

I was searching eBay for my Getz Prime, looks like the key block will match that of the i10. But my remote is the oval Minda one (Hyundai OE) and there isn't any casing available to match these buttons.

Flippy Keys-minda.jpg

In case you find any please let me know, or it'll be a good DIY for me to fix the transmitter.

Last edited by ~~h : 25th May 2010 at 22:46. Reason: added text
Old 25th May 2010, 22:54   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I had bought them through ebay.com (GiES stores) and I had paid around 19$ per piece ncluding the shipping to India. I had bought 3 pieces for hyundai i10, but actually cut only one and keeping two as spares.

I got the keys cut from a duplicate key maker at JP nagar, near Dalmia circle and paid 50/-. It's very easy to move the chipset from the existing remote to this flip keys.

I will try to take few pictures of this and post them.
If anyone wants, then I can sell one piece (this is for hyundai i10) as I got the custom logo stickers of Hyundai only for them.
In fact, I got to know about this from one of the hyundai forums, Flip Key - Hyundai-Forums.com

This is the model that I am having ..
Thanks a lot KNP!! I have autocop so this 3 buttons in line wont work for me. I have searched for so many models now. Lets hope I find something that works for me..
Old 25th May 2010, 23:07   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Doc, do you mean to say that one cannot have them intigrated to an aftermarket remote and can only be intigrated to remotes provided as OE?
Well if your original key is just a key, and you have an aftermarket or even OE remote like below

If this is the case then all that matters is if your key has a transponder.

The flip keys will accommodate your alarm system's fob guts, but if your key has a transponder then it requires some soldering onto the alarm system's board.

This is something I do not recommend, simply because I have my reservations on the same. But I'm sure it's possible and will work reliably.

What I had mentioned earlier referred to cars with transponder keys and integrated remotes. There are flip key cases out there which are made to perfectly accommodate your original key.

For example I'm having 2 keys made sometime this week from http://asharkeyhub.in/home.

Then I'll probably look for a good flip key case in India or Singapore and will have that by July.

Of course if someone could find the flip keys with a transponder in them, then it'll be way cheaper to just get those made.

Cheers.

PS: Ashar Keyhub is charging Rs 3,000 to duplicate one key for the Honda Accord, and this seems reasonable. I had a word with the owner this afternoon and he seems to be a really professional dude. I'll be taking my car there for my duplicate keys on Sunday morning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks