Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2008, 19:10   #1381
BHPian

That's roughly what I paid for my Lenso SHU 15"s.
I don't buy the 15x5 and 16x4 story. Some dealers buy 4 pieces of a particular design from the company, some by 5. It's as simple as that. My guy in Bombay will give me 5 rims if I ask for them, whether they're 15" or 16".

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
I was quoted 23K for Lenso NX and SHU series by few dealers in Bangalore. This is for a set of 5. I was told for 15" rims you get set of 5 and for 16" its 4!

I take back my earlier post on this thread saying that I hadn't seen a single body kit for the Swift that I liked. I really like your design, SRK. Looks pretty neat. The reason I like it is that it's not over-the-top. Great design. Hope everything works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I plan to launch my own line of kits soon.

My 1st kit would be for the Swift. (unless something else comes in between)
It will include:
1.) Front and Rear Bumpers.(Full-replacement)
2.) LHS & RHS skirts
3.) Rear Spoiler

I need your feedback on the same.
Heres the design that may soon, go in production if everything goes smoothly:

Last edited by ghostrider : 1st November 2008 at 19:14.
Old 7th November 2008, 00:22   #1382

anybody pls tell me why the name "SWIFT" is given to that car? what is the story behind that name? i am very curious to know the answer...
Old 7th November 2008, 10:28   #1383
Senior - BHPian

I cant answer your question, possibly google can.

The current Swift is MK4 afaik.

Our old esteem sedan was sold overseas as the Swift, I remember my uncle had one of these in the states. The 1.3 hatch was a quite popular car to mod in Aus/NZ.
Old 7th November 2008, 23:39   #1384
BHPian

The Swift is not really a completely new launch for Suzuki. In fact, the name 'Swift' has been around in Suzuki's stable as far back as 1993. It was basically a rebadge for the Suzuki Cultus, which we know better as the Esteem. The Cultus went by many names... depending on where the car was sold and under which manufacturer's badge, it's been called the Suzuki Cultus, Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Pontiac Firefly, Maruti Suzuki1000/Esteem, Holden Barina, Subaru Justy (Europe).

What we know as the 'Swift' today is basically the 5th generation 'Swift' (Mk5, not Mk4) as far as Suzuki is concerned.

Souljah is spot on when he said the Esteem is sold in the US as the Swift. You still see some of these Esteems in the US with Suzuki Swift badging.

Here's the link. Wikipedia is your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj View Post
anybody pls tell me why the name "SWIFT" is given to that car? what is the story behind that name? i am very curious to know the answer...
Old 8th November 2008, 18:31   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I plan to launch my own line of kits soon.

My 1st kit would be for the Swift. (unless something else comes in between)
It will include:
1.) Front and Rear Bumpers.(Full-replacement)
2.) LHS & RHS skirts
3.) Rear Spoiler

I need your feedback on the same.
Heres the design that may soon, go in production if everything goes smoothly:
Attachment 65492

Nice design. If I amy make a suggestion. The mesh used is too big, as in the gaps in the mesh are very large. A smaller / tighter mesh would be nicer IMHO. Also the mesh does not look right on the rear bumper as mentioned in posts above.

Over all a nice neat design. You could look at adding a nice fat chrome tailpipe end. The original seems to be too small.

What are you planning to price it at ? Just out of curiosity, I do not own a Swift.

Cheers
Old 9th November 2008, 08:09   #1386
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Nice design. If I amy make a suggestion. The mesh used is too big, as in the gaps in the mesh are very large. A smaller / tighter mesh would be nicer IMHO. Also the mesh does not look right on the rear bumper as mentioned in posts above.

Over all a nice neat design. You could look at adding a nice fat chrome tailpipe end. The original seems to be too small.

What are you planning to price it at ? Just out of curiosity, I do not own a Swift.

Cheers
@Ricky: Thanks!
1st of all This isn't an actual pic of the car. I was made on photoshop.

So the mesh too isn't what you will get on the actual car. It would definitely be something better looking.

I would definitely consider your suggestion regarding the tail-pipe end.
Would search for an aftermarket one,probably when I start selling the kit.

Pricing has not yet been decided.
Will take sometime.

By the way the kit will be made up of fiber.

Last edited by SRK : 9th November 2008 at 08:12.
Old 9th November 2008, 12:58   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys!

Wer in Mumbai can i get wing mirror covers with LED indicators for the Swift in Mumbai. The ones ive seen around are not LED and look pretty cheap too. They only come in chrome but im planning to get them body coloured anyway.

Epic
Old 9th November 2008, 20:45   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Airport Authorty Swift ZXi

No mods, just a custom paint, siren, antennae and badge!!

Airport Authority use this on the Runway.

Seen an expat using it so probably doubles as a personal vehicle and hence the White Board + ZXi trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-bial-swift.jpg  

Old 11th November 2008, 22:31   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
MASS wont do it. get it down outside. costs around 4-7k including labor.
Amit, I ll get in touch with you regarding this for more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Literally standing of the brakes does only one thing. LOCK UP! Modulate the brakes to get best efficiency.
I still need to learn a few things.

Quote:
Whats the size you are running?
195/60/R14

Quote:
I really don't know how even a wrong tire size can make your GC drop so much? It looks like you are on a lowered suspension. If I were you, I would get the suspension checked asap.
I've always been worried about the car's GC. Will get it checked asap or as amit suggested will get it stiffened.

Quote:
Must thank Vikas for this confusion . Was chatting with him and he got me all confused. Sorry Ankith.
Oh. He must be in a different state as usual. You know what I mean.
Old 11th November 2008, 22:39   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
No mods, just a custom paint, siren, antennae and badge!!

Airport Authority use this on the Runway.

Seen an expat using it so probably doubles as a personal vehicle and hence the White Board + ZXi trim.

Have seen this car many a times neat the Yeshwantpur MASS. Not too sure if its the same car, but same color for sure.
Old 11th November 2008, 22:43   #1391
Team-BHP Support

195/60-14 will approximately reduce the ride height by 15mm compared to stock swift riding on 165/80-14.

I really don't think it was that low just the tyres made it look lower. Anyways it's not that small that you need to change them. Just keep them till they wear out then go for right size.

How about the clutch? did it have a problem?
Old 11th November 2008, 23:02   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
195/60-14 will approximately reduce the ride height by 15mm compared to stock swift riding on 165/80-14.

I really don't think it was that low just the tyres made it look lower. Anyways it's not that small that you need to change them. Just keep them till they wear out then go for right size.

How about the clutch? did it have a problem?

15mm. Thats true vid. The car looks low indeed. Infact I sometimes like it like this. I know its not a good thing for bad roads.

About the clutch. Amit told me that its not upto the mark, he actually told me for the power I am lucky that the clutch lasted for 15000kms. But I am not too sure as to what exactly is wrong. Amit tried for a wheelspin but that dint happen and hence he said that.
Old 11th November 2008, 23:23   #1393
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ankith, right from the moment I saw that car move I felt there was something wrong with the engine. It just didn't sound right. I remember telling this to someone too. Don't know what your headers are designed for, but it didn't look like you had any mid-range at all while I was next to you.

Amit, if you have driven the car did you find a drop in power? Maybe a busted spark plug? I guess he better get the in-cylinder compression checked once.
Old 11th November 2008, 23:33   #1394
BHPian

About the headers, I had told Raj that I needed low and mid range. Waiting for amit's reply. We ll meet up sometime and then you can TD my car. I dont know if this counts but my AC was on most of the time, may be thats the reason as to why the car was sluggish.
Old 14th November 2008, 18:28   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Can anyone tell me where i can get a GT spoiler for a Swift in Bombay.

Something similar to this.
I am looking for the GT spoiler too. Any clues here in Bangalore?
Please ? Pretty Please?

Most Viewed