Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 22:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
yes, mantri.
I am trying to get the filter from other dealer.

Congrats.
Please do a complete PDI before the bike is sent for registration.
Check for scratches, electricals(All the switches working fine), coolant level, chain lubrication, gaps in fairings, rusts and last by that least, ask for Extended Warranty.
Yes, I have collected PDI checklist from the other forum. I will be checking the bike tomorrow evening once they finish the unloading. Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Yes, I have collected PDI checklist from the other forum. I will be checking the bike tomorrow evening once they finish the unloading. Thanks
Congratulations in advance.

While almost everything is covered, some other things that you need to check are brake fluids (especially rear, as mine was not even 50%), missing bolts (black plastic ones) which are used to keep the plastics above the rear tyre together and last but not the least the light which illuminates the rear # plate (this was found to be not working on a lot of bikes).

And first thing you need to do as soon as out of the showroom is ride straight to the nearest gas station and fuel up. These blokes do not even give enough fuel to last for 10miles and you might end up running your fuel pump dry.

Last edited by mantrig : 28th June 2011 at 23:38. Reason: Added missing things
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 08:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Suggestions to new expecting CBR owners, Do a PDI before taking the delivery of the bike.
Completely agree on this one. I took my bike delivery yesterday, and just like you said - they just handed me the key and said you can take it. No explaination, no PDI, etc. Luckily had an expert with me, he helped identify that there was a gap in the fitting of one of the hanlde bars - and also the clutch play had to be reduced. We refused to take delivery without fixing this problem, and the sales guy finally relented.

The dealer has not even bothered to register the bike yet at the local RTO. So cant yet get it on the road full fledge , still got a couple of hours of riding on it yesterday and it is simply magical.

Between, what was the price at time of booking and time of delivery - any changes ? I had to cough up some 5k more.

Enjoy your ride
Old 29th June 2011, 12:52   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrate mate on the new 250cc bike. Surprising that there are no spares from Honda for the two wheelers. Repeatedly have been hearing the same from quite a few Honda unicorn owners.

Do enjoy many more zippy miles with the 250. Do not forget to get the scratched cover changed free of cost.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 19:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Between, what was the price at time of booking and time of delivery - any changes ? I had to cough up some 5k more.

Enjoy your ride
No Change in price at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Do not forget to get the scratched cover changed free of cost.
Will definitely do it for free. They have asked me to come on friday, as they are getting the next load of bikes.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will definitely do it for free. They have asked me to come on friday, as they are getting the next load of bikes.
Dude are you sure that the part is being replaced and not being flicked/lifted/exchanged with another bike? Hopefully that will not be the case
Old 4th July 2011, 12:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Update - 140 Kms of Highway

Finally i was able to do some highway running. Did around 140 kms with n_aditya and JVH.
All these days i was munching kms inside city and kept the rpm below 5k. And had covered around 400kms before the highway run. So increased the rpm from 5k to 6k. Ride was very smooth and nothing unusual found. Was hovering around 80-90 kmph.

Planning for the 1st service on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Dude are you sure that the part is being replaced and not being flicked/lifted/exchanged with another bike? Hopefully that will not be the case
I think as of now, they are going to take it from a different bike and put it. I have not got it exchanged still. Probably will go today.

Last edited by rk_sans : 4th July 2011 at 12:15.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update - 140 Kms of Highway

Quote:
I think as of now, they are going to take it from a different bike and put it. I have not got it exchanged still. Probably will go today.
Hmmm interesting, pity the next guy who is gonna get the 'lemon' silencer. Did read that you managed to put in a long ride how was the stability? Both straight roads and sweeping corners?
Also yes the usual question mileage
Old 7th July 2011, 16:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Anyone happen to get delivery of CBR from haiku Honda (Airport Rd Bangalore) and if so what was your bike booking number ? Am still on 129.............
Old 7th July 2011, 17:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm interesting, pity the next guy who is gonna get the 'lemon' silencer. Did read that you managed to put in a long ride how was the stability? Both straight roads and sweeping corners?
Also yes the usual question mileage
yes, you are right. That's the reason, PDI is very important. I ensured that before they went in for the registration, i had a two pair of hawk eyes(Me and my Friend) do a PDI on my bike.
Max speed, i did was around 110 only as it is under running-in period. I am light weight guy(58-59kgs), so found it to be very stable for my weight. In fact, before i went for the long ride, i was little skeptical about the ride, being a light weight guy. The return was very bad because of cross-winds.

Mileage ? Seriously i have not tested it yet but will check this week and update it.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, you are right. That's the reason, PDI is very important. I ensured that before they went in for the registration, i had a two pair of hawk eyes(Me and my Friend) do a PDI on my bike.
Max speed, i did was around 110 only as it is under running-in period. I am light weight guy(58-59kgs), so found it to be very stable for my weight. In fact, before i went for the long ride, i was little skeptical about the ride, being a light weight guy. The return was very bad because of cross-winds.

Mileage ? Seriously i have not tested it yet but will check this week and update it.
Wow 58 Kilos means more BHP/Tonne with you on the bike But has its own concerns during the cross winds. But yeah your bum should be more agile during such times.
Reason for mileage is to basically check how healthy the engine is not for the penny saving mode . If it lives up to +/- 5 kms to what manual reads bet that should be sufficient.
Old 8th July 2011, 08:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Max speed, i did was around 110 only as it is under running-in period

What RPM's are you keeping it under during the run-in period ? For me I could only touch about 70kmph at the 6th gear at just under 5k RPM.
Old 8th July 2011, 09:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Can you give us this PDI? I did check the "other forum" but well, its like looking for a pin in a haystack...
Old 8th July 2011, 12:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow 58 Kilos means more BHP/Tonne with you on the bike But has its own concerns during the cross winds. But yeah your bum should be more agile during such times.
Reason for mileage is to basically check how healthy the engine is not for the penny saving mode . If it lives up to +/- 5 kms to what manual reads bet that should be sufficient.
You are right, need to be more agile .

I think it should be giving minimum of 30. Will give the exact numbers by tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
What RPM's are you keeping it under during the run-in period ? For me I could only touch about 70kmph at the 6th gear at just under 5k RPM.
I kept the first 400 kms below 5k rpm and then increased it to 6k rpm. At 5.5k rpm you can easily do 90 Kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Can you give us this PDI? I did check the "other forum" but well, its like looking for a pin in a haystack...
I would say basically look for the following things.
1. Scratches
2. Abnormal gapes in the fairing, if there ask them to remove and put it again.
3. Coolant level, brake fluid level, chain lubrication.
4. Radiator fins (Check if there are any damaged fins)
5. Any rusts

Here is the list of PDI from the "other forum".
cbr pdi.docx
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 15:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

First Service - Odo 615 kms

Finally, gave the bike for first service. Odo was 615 Kms. The Mech was very prompt in explaining that, in first service they just check for ply's in clutch, replace engine oil, replace oil filter, clean and lube the chain. I asked him what about the value clearance, he mentioned that frankly, they do not have the instruments yet to do that job. And that is required only if there is tappet noise in the engine. So he checked for any tappet noise in the engine and found none.
He allowed me to stand in front of the bike while doing all the above job. Finished the service in 1 hour and gave me the bike.
Recommend oil by Honda is 10w30 or 20w40, i opted for 10w40

After the service there is little grunt in the engine, but i believe after few kms it should come down.

Few pics
Old filter, could see lot of impurities clinging on to the filter
New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02487.jpg

Need to ensure they put this correctly, facing outside. Heard from other forum that one of the mech installed this reversed.

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02490.jpg

New filter
New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02493.jpg

Recommend Oil
New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02495.jpg

Damage to the pocket.
Oil Filter INR 260
Oil INR 1050 (Comes in 1 ltr can and it consumes 1.5 ltrs, so the remaining he gave back)

Final bill was INR 1388 with taxes and labour

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks