Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 17:50   #46
e46
BHPian

Re: New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r

@rksans:
congrats for the bike!!

@B'lore folks:
please let me know the current status of waiting period for this bike? what if, full funding is given sans any finance. will there be any less waiting time?

Thanks,
Abhishek
Old 11th July 2011, 18:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Would recommend Orion any day which is better than Helmet Paradise Far more stuff to see when compared to Helmet paradise
My personal experience, Orion guys are not interested in selling, not customer inclined.
If it is for DSG stuff, you can safely take it from Helmet Paradise. If for some well known branded helmets than Orion is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Congrats on the purchase rk_sans. Your CBR and in red is a beauty.
Couldn't wish you when we met but after seeing your bike, I headed straight to Planet Honda (its next to my work place) for a test ride. Loved it and I will probably exchange my Avenger for the CBR250.
Hope to catch you soon with the bike.
Thanks @patron.
Good to know that you liked the bike. I will tell you it is really a mile cruncher. The more you ride the more you like it.
Will catch up sometime for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
@rksans:
congrats for the bike!!

@B'lore folks:
please let me know the current status of waiting period for this bike? what if, full funding is given sans any finance. will there be any less waiting time?
Thanks,
Abhishek
Thanks Abhishek

I think Planet Honda, Rajajinagar, the dealer from where i purchased was mentioning around 4-5 months and this was the time of delivery of my bike.
Nope, even you pay full cash i believe the wait is the same unless, somebody cancel their bookings.
Old 12th July 2011, 06:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Looks like more and more people are getting interested in this bike. Congrats for the guys who already own it!

Are we allowed to compare rates for the bikes on this forum? Is there any difference in the end, on-road pricing for these bikes among different dealers? Especially in Bangalore?
Old 12th July 2011, 12:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Looks like more and more people are getting interested in this bike. Congrats for the guys who already own it!

Are we allowed to compare rates for the bikes on this forum? Is there any difference in the end, on-road pricing for these bikes among different dealers? Especially in Bangalore?
Thanks Naveen.
Where have you booked your CBR ? And when did you booked it ?

As far as i know there should not be any difference in the rates with different dealers but could be some might give you some freebies, etc. Till now only first customers of couple dealers have got some freebies or else nobody is giving anything with it now.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hello!

I booked it in Saphire Honda, JP Nagar on the 30th of last month. I don't have the exact amount with me here in hand but will put it up once I am home. I booked the standard but changed it to the ABS a few days back.

How much did you pay and where?
Old 12th July 2011, 13:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello!

I booked the standard but changed it to the ABS a few days back.

Wouldnt the ABS version have lesser lead times? pretty sure not many people have booked the ABS version and so far have not read anybody in the forum owning it!!!
Old 12th July 2011, 17:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Thanks Naveen.
Where have you booked your CBR ? And when did you booked it ?

As far as i know there should not be any difference in the rates with different dealers but could be some might give you some freebies, etc. Till now only first customers of couple dealers have got some freebies or else nobody is giving anything with it now.
rk_sans : Did you get bike from Planet honda ? What was your bike booking number and the current delivery when you got it ?

Am on 61 at planet honda (rajajinagar) and the guy at showroom said only 3 bikes are delivered from that showroom ?.

Last edited by deehunk : 12th July 2011 at 17:18. Reason: just adding some more info
Old 12th July 2011, 17:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello!

I booked it in Saphire Honda, JP Nagar on the 30th of last month. I don't have the exact amount with me here in hand but will put it up once I am home. I booked the standard but changed it to the ABS a few days back.

1.68, Planet Honda, Rajajinagar.
Lot of my CBR friends have taken delivery from Sapphire Honda. In fact i had thought of leaving for service there itself. The Service manager is good and calm guy listens to everything what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wouldnt the ABS version have lesser lead times? pretty sure not many people have booked the ABS version and so far have not read anybody in the forum owning it!!!
Nope, ABS version has more lead time. I have know people converting their booking from ABS to non-abs because of delay. Its seems the ABS component is got from Japan and they have delays from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
rk_sans : Did you get bike from Planet honda ? What was your bike booking number and the current delivery when you got it ?

Am on 61 at planet honda (rajajinagar) and the guy at showroom said only 3 bikes are delivered from that showroom ?.
Mine was 22.
They have sold lot of CBR's and definitely not 3. The day i took delivery, they had 3 bikes for delivery(including mine). After 2 days, when i visited them, they had another 2 bikes for delivery.
When did you book it ?
Old 12th July 2011, 19:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lot of my CBR friends have taken delivery from Sapphire Honda. In fact i had thought of leaving for service there itself. The Service manager is good and calm guy listens to everything what you want.
Thanks for that! Yes, I had originally booked the non-ABS - it is 1,68,662. But have now moved to ABS - 1,97,651. Is any of your pricing any different?
Old 12th July 2011, 23:47   #55
BHPian

I booked on April 2nd at Sapphire Honda and is now ready to be delivered. I have had to push it out 6 months due to upcoming travel plans. Now, let us see what the competition comes up with in the next 6 months.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nope, ABS version has more lead time. I have know people converting their booking from ABS to non-abs because of delay. Its seems the ABS component is got from Japan and they have delays from there.

Yes, ABS version has more lead time. I converted my ABS booking to non-ABS mainly because it was taking more time.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:44   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mine was 22.
They have sold lot of CBR's and definitely not 3. The day i took delivery, they had 3 bikes for delivery(including mine). After 2 days, when i visited them, they had another 2 bikes for delivery.
When did you book it ?
I have booked the bike on 29/6 @ planet honda (Rajajinagar), i need to wait atleast next 50 days
Old 13th July 2011, 16:03   #58
Senior - BHPian

Update

Finally got the silencer cover replaced. They did take it from another new bike.

Also got Motul Chain Cleaner and Motul Chain Lube. Costed Rs.830

I was looking for a rim cleaner, because of all the excess lube which gets sprayed on to the rim. Went to the sonax distributor but they did not have a rim cleaner in stock but they had "Sonax Wheel Rim Coating NanoPro". They had offer of buy one get one free. So i thought i will try it and got one.

Yet to find a good rim cleaner.

@deehunk,
I did ask them again today about the deliveries. The sales people told me they have sold some 24-26 bikes. But the accounts guy told me that they have sold 6 bikes as of now.
I did not know, how to react to such answers.
Attached Thumbnails
New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-img00012201107131326.jpg  

Last edited by rk_sans : 13th July 2011 at 16:06.
Old 13th July 2011, 16:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update

Quote:
Also got Motul Chain Cleaner and Motul Chain Lube. Costed Rs.830

I was looking for a rim cleaner, because of all the excess lube which gets sprayed on to the rim. Went to the sonax distributor but they did not have a rim cleaner in stock but they had "Sonax Wheel Rim Coating NanoPro". They had offer of buy one get one free. So i thought i will try it and got one.

Yet to find a good rim cleaner.
The cheapest and best option to clean your rims is diesel. Just pour a small quantity of diesel in a cup. Dip a soft bristled toothbrush in the diesel and scrub off the grime from the rim. Works wonders. Remember to wash the diesel away with car shampoo or mild soap solution or you'll end up with dirty wheels in a short time.

To keep the wheels shining, apply a small coat of wax polish on the rims and buff it with a microfiber towel. The layer of wax will make it easier to clean the grime off the wheel the next time.

You can also use the above method to clean the chain.

Tip - lube your chain at least one day before you ride so it penetrates the O rings in the chain. The excess lube if any will get thrown off due to centrifugal forces in any way so you can't help it.

I am going to buy DuPont Chain Saver which is priced at around 1k for a spray bottle but works wonders. You can spray it on and ride away without worrying about the residue getting onto the wheels. It sticks like velcro to the chain

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th July 2011 at 16:24.
n_aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 12:12   #60
BHPian

Since we are discussing about chain maintenance, one thing all experts advice is
1) Go for a short ride, then come back and de-grease the chain. The heat in the chain will help get the grime off easier

2) Same goes for lubing the chain. Go for a small ride, come back and lube the chain. The heat will help the lube penetrate the 'O' rings better, and also reduce the spatter onto the wheels

Reading all this reminds, I have to clean my bike. I tried getting the fairing off, but couldn't locate the 'hook' points properly, so left it as it is

Also, check out the Yoshimura website. I would like to order these
https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4703...250r-2011.aspx
hifisharu is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks