Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 17:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r

Before, i start, I am a newbie in the motorcycle world, specially the new generation ones, so the please bear with my ownership review.
To give a little background, i have been using Yezdi roadking, right from my college days. So didn't find a reason to go for a new generation bike at all.
Scenario changed over years and i started facing spare parts issue with my bike. Late Jan 11, rear shocks went for a toss and started search for it and
couldn't find it. So then in March i decided that i should give some rest to my old horse and so started the search for the new bike.

I know some of you might shout, "Don't sell it". Absolutely i am not selling it. I have spent have of my life(17+years) with it.

So the search begin, my criteria were
1. 200cc + (I am not ready for too higher bikes yet, so less than 400cc only)
2. Should be ideal for city(short distance) and occasional highway drive.
3. Budget of 1 to 2 lakhs

I had very few options in this as all of you know it.

Then i bumped upon the CBR thread and got hooked on to it. Saw that there were lot of bookings happening but deliveries had not started yet. So i thought what's harm in booking and wait n watch. Made a booking on Apr 13th.

In the meantime, started browsing if any new bikes are in pipeline, etc. Time passed by and Jun 17th got a call from dealer asking for payment and the bike would be delivered in 3-4 days.
Wow !! Got back home, sat with the family discussed and finalized it.
Made the payment on 18th and got the delivery on 24th (2 months 10 days).

All these days i was following a particular thread in a different forum about CBR and knew there were some quality issues. So did a PDI on 23rd itself. Found everything fine except the silencer cover had scratches. Dealer has promised to change it when he gets the next lot of bikes.

Yes, you guys are thinking right. "Do not they have it in spares ?".
Nope, they have not got spares at all.

To say about dealership, first and foremost they do not have any clue about what type of bike is these, where is what, etc. No words to explain how illiterate they are with regards to this bike. I believe honda should have got separate dealers like how Bajaj has probiking centers.

The day i took the delivery, they just put the keys on to my bike and told me "Sir, its ready, you can take it". They didn't bother to explain at least the different features of the bike also. On second thought, they did not know either also.

First day, did some 40 kms(City traffic only). Kept it under 5k rpm. There was lot of heat from the radiator when struck in slow moving traffic. Bike is very easy to drive in the traffic. Touched 80Kmph/5k rpm couple of times. Gears are smooth except the 1st gear is little hard. Hoping after the first service it would be fine.

Few pics taken after a detail session on it, need to do a full photo shoot on a weekend. Its a photogenic Bike
New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02467.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02470.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02472.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02474.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02475.jpg

I will update the thread as the running-in progress. Plan to keep it at below 5k rpm till the first service.
Planning to visit the service center first to find if they have proper equipments to do the service. I know they do not have oil filters yet.

The major change in my criteria after owning the bike is, i am planning now to take this bike daily for office use.

Apart from gifting myself with this beautiful bike, i pampered myself with a DSG Nero Jacket, LS2 Phobia and DSG Acqua waterproof gloves.

As of today, covered around 200 kms, and day by day, loving the bike a lot.

Suggestions to new expecting CBR owners, Do a PDI before taking the delivery of the bike.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r

Nice one. Looks like you dumped your old warrior at the corner. Few pictures of him wont hurt.

I do not see the great Indian saree guard. If possible change the seat cover to more sportier one. You will not find it difficult to get it done here in Blr.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 18:16   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey, congratulations on the CBR! I'd taken a T-BHP member's (hifisharu) 250R for a short ride during our earlier meet and found it to be a charm!

The one I rode had buttersmooth gears so guess over time your bike's will too.

Doubt you might have taken it cruising just yet; but how did you find the response on the 6th gear?

And A.S.S. doesn't have spares yet?! How do they manage to service bikes then??

Anywho, you have a great time riding!

PS : The 250R doesn't come with a main stand, right? Any plans of getting it fixed aftermarket?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th June 2011 at 18:30.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 18:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
To say about dealership, first and foremost they do not have any clue about what type of bike is these, where is what, etc.

Apart from gifting myself with this beautiful bike, i pampered myself with a DSG Nero Jacket, LS2 Phobia and DSG Acqua waterproof gloves.
Congrats once again on your new toy, will be watching this thread keenly to see your progress. Who was the dealer with whom you have purchased the Bike?

Do post in the snaps of your other accessories.

All the best and happy logging in KMs.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 18:24   #5
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2011 at 16:24.
Racer_X is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th June 2011, 18:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations RK_SANS on your Honda CBR 250. The bike looks uber cool in this shade. Please upload few more pictures of your beauty.

Honda has clear winner in their hands in terms of CBR 250; it will surely sell like hot cakes.

I wish you many years of happy and safe riding.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 18:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Nice one. Looks like you dumped your old warrior at the corner. Few pictures of him wont hurt.

I do not see the great Indian saree guard. If possible change the seat cover to more sportier one. You will not find it difficult to get it done here in Blr.
I will never dump my old warrior, just that it needs some rest now.

Saree guard was a sore on the bike, so got it removed on the delivery day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey, congratulations on the CBR! I'd taken a T-BHP member's 250R for a short ride during our earlier meet and found it to be a charm!

The one I rode had buttersmooth gears so guess over time your bike's will too.

Doubt you might have taken it cruising just yet; but how did you find the response on the 6th gear?

And A.S.S. doesn't have spares yet?! How do they manage to service bikes then??

Anywho, you have a great time riding!
I have not tested the 6th gear as such, used it couple times only till now. Planning to go for drive on coming weekend, so eagerly waiting to test it.
Will update once i do the drive.

Spares parts !! Most worrying part as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats once again on your new toy, will be watching this thread keenly to see your progress. Who was the dealer with whom you have purchased the Bike?

Do post in the snaps of your other accessories.

All the best and happy logging in KMs.
Planet Honda, Rajajinagar
Will post the accessories pics soon.
Old 28th June 2011, 19:06   #8
BHPian

Congratulations!!! On your new ride

Hello Rk_Sans,

Congratulations on your new steed. That's a good starter for the review, will look forward to your ride experience/inputs as you pile on more miles.

Eagerly, waiting for your photo shoot to happen which will garnish the review well. It would be great if you can upload some pics of your riding gear that you have bought for the red beauty. Any accessories in mind for the bike? Do keep us posted.

Also, I think it would be great if we can merge the ownership threads which will be a better repository and reference thread in the coming future to share experiences we face.

Last edited by mantrig : 28th June 2011 at 19:07.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 19:08   #9
BHPian

Congrats mate !

Post a few more pics of the beauty. I am myself in awe with this machine and trying to convince my wifey, that we can commute to office faster on a bike and for that she says, we ll buy access 125!!
kri$hna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 19:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new steed RK. Looks hot in red.

Please do finish the photo shoot soon and post the photos of the red beauty.

PS: Glad you got rid of the awful looking saree guard. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 19:21   #11
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Santosh! Haven't seen a red one in flesh but like you said, its photogenic. All said and done, this is a very good product from Honda and very nicely positioned.
JVH is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 19:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Congratulations!!! On your new ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
It would be great if you can upload some pics of your riding gear that you have bought for the red beauty. Any accessories in mind for the bike? Do keep us posted.

Also, I think it would be great if we can merge the ownership threads which will be a better repository and reference thread in the coming future to share experiences we face.
Will upload them by tomorrow.

Definitely a good idea to merge and keep together as a reference. And also keeps the forum clutter free.

Mods, Please do the needful.

@krishna,
For a change, my wife was a driving point in buying the bike. I am thankfull for her.
Here is what she said "Riding this bike make sense now rather than 4-5 years down the lane. You will have remaining of life to ride the access/activa later, so go for it"

@JVH,
Let me know when can we meet and go for a ride. I am all ready with the gear. This Sat/Sun ?

Last edited by rk_sans : 28th June 2011 at 19:38.
Old 28th June 2011, 19:47   #13
BHPian

RK_Sans,

Also, whenever you get a chance to pass the service center just make sure you go and pick up an oil filter (Rs. 260/-) as there is a shortage of supply and come in very limited numbers. They might give you an assurance saying, "Don't worry sir, we will get one when your bike comes for servicing." But be adamant and buy one outright as I am aware of many guys who are still stuck without one despite of owning/riding the bike for more than a month now.

Else, you might be stranded for your first service owing to the lack of new filter or have to live with the old one for sometime (as in my case). I will be getting mine changed by the end of this week, hopefully.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 19:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

congrats!!

My bike is getting delivered to showroom tomorrow. I just went and finished the formalities (payment and paper work). I intend to go tomorrow and inspect the bike. Insha allah, I will have the bike by next week. Hope to have a CBR Team-BHP meet soon.

I am also in the process of getting some quality riding gear. I have a Cramster glove (forgot model), Rjays Octane is in transit, Rjays Elite tail bag is out of stock..

I am happy to see that you are keeping your Yezdi. I also have a 2000 model Fiero, it is my first and only bike. I am going to keep it.

Good suggestion mantrig, oil filter is out of stock in Dream Honda. They have promised to get it in 10-15 days, hope to get it soon.

I agree with mantrig, it is better to have a combined ownership thread for reference - like the Classic 500 thread.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th June 2011 at 20:03.
Old 28th June 2011, 22:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
RK_Sans,
Also, whenever you get a chance to pass the service center just make sure you go and pick up an oil filter (Rs. 260/-) as there is a shortage of supply and come in very limited numbers.

Else, you might be stranded for your first service owing to the lack of new filter or have to live with the old one for sometime (as in my case). I will be getting mine changed by the end of this week, hopefully.
yes, mantri.
I am trying to get the filter from other dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
congrats!!

My bike is getting delivered to showroom tomorrow. I just went and finished the formalities (payment and paper work). I intend to go tomorrow and inspect the bike. Insha allah, I will have the bike by next week. Hope to have a CBR Team-BHP meet soon.

I am also in the process of getting some quality riding gear. I have a Cramster glove (forgot model), Rjays Octane is in transit, Rjays Elite tail bag is out of stock..

I am happy to see that you are keeping your Yezdi. I also have a 2000 model Fiero, it is my first and only bike. I am going to keep it.

Good suggestion mantrig, oil filter is out of stock in Dream Honda. They have promised to get it in 10-15 days, hope to get it soon.

I agree with mantrig, it is better to have a combined ownership thread for reference - like the Classic 500 thread.
Congrats.
Please do a complete PDI before the bike is sent for registration.
Check for scratches, electricals(All the switches working fine), coolant level, chain lubrication, gaps in fairings, rusts and last by that least, ask for Extended Warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks