Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 14:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The cheapest and best option to clean your rims is diesel.
I am going to buy DuPont Chain Saver which is priced at around 1k for a spray bottle but works wonders.
Thanks Aditya for suggestion. Somehow i dn't want to use the diesel. So was looking for different options.
I will have to live with Motul Lube as i just bought it now. Had i knew about Dupont, would have gone for it. Cleaning the rims is actually a pain. Particularly when you do not have a paddock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Since we are discussing about chain maintenance, one thing all experts advice is
1) Go for a short ride, then come back and de-grease the chain. The heat in the chain will help get the grime off easier

2) Same goes for lubing the chain. Go for a small ride, come back and lube the chain. The heat will help the lube penetrate the 'O' rings better, and also reduce the spatter onto the wheels

Reading all this reminds, I have to clean my bike. I tried getting the fairing off, but couldn't locate the 'hook' points properly, so left it as it is

Also, check out the Yoshimura website. I would like to order these
https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4703...250r-2011.aspx
That's a definitely a good suggestion Sharath.

I think i do remember the hooks, probably will try and show when we meet next time. I had asked the service guy to show me those hooks particularly.

Sliders are damn expensive
Old 14th July 2011, 14:55   #62
BHPian

Yeah, wonder why they are charging so much for the frame sliders, when even the Ducati sliders are like 6 k??
Old 14th July 2011, 15:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update

Quote:

I am going to buy DuPont Chain Saver which is priced at around 1k for a spray bottle but works wonders. You can spray it on and ride away without worrying about the residue getting onto the wheels. It sticks like velcro to the chain
Where can I get this in bangalore?
Old 14th July 2011, 15:17   #64
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since we are discussing about chain maintenance, one thing all experts advice is
1) Go for a short ride, then come back and de-grease the chain. The heat in the chain will help get the grime off easier

2) Same goes for lubing the chain. Go for a small ride, come back and lube the chain. The heat will help the lube penetrate the 'O' rings better, and also reduce the spatter onto the wheels
Thanks! Good tips there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Sliders are damn expensive
Quote:
Yeah, wonder why they are charging so much for the frame sliders, when even the Ducati sliders are like 6 k??
How much for these?

Quote:
I am going to buy DuPont Chain Saver which is priced at around 1k for a spray bottle but works wonders. You can spray it on and ride away without worrying about the residue getting onto the wheels. It sticks like velcro to the chain
Where are you buying the DuPont from? I need one too...
Old 14th July 2011, 15:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cleaning the rims is actually a pain. Particularly when you do not have a paddock.
Not really. Check out my ninja ownership thread. I use a car jack and am able to clean the chain and wheels with ease. The setup however is crude.

Quote:
Frame sliders are expensive. Shogun makes really good sliders and they cost around 10k for the ninja 250R (frame sliders only, fork and swingarm sliders cost more).

I guess the price is high as the product is just out in the market for a newly launched bike. Over time it will stabilize and the prices should decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Where can I get this in bangalore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Where are you buying the DuPont from? I need one too...
I sent an email to the DuPont folks and they forwarded it to some distributor in India. The blore distributor is located somewhere around lalbagh road area but i can't confirm now since my personal emails are blocked at work. Will post the details in the evening.

Here is a link to the product: DuPont? Motorcycle Products

And here is a link to the discussion on the product from an international ninja 250R forum.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 17:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Saw the ad for a lotta stuff for this bike in this month's BIKE India magazine. All available at the Performance Racing Store.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

@aditya,
Yes, i have seen your post on the stand in Ninja thread. But do not have the confidence level to try that. BTW thanks for that post.

We hope the cost of the frame sliders come down quickly.

@Jayanth,
The frame sliders which Sharath was telling cost around $180 plus shipping it to India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Saw the ad for a lotta stuff for this bike in this month's BIKE India magazine. All available at the Performance Racing Store.
Yes, Performance Racing Store has listed some products but the prices are too high,is what i felt.
One of them which i was keen was for Radiator Guard. At PRS it costs Rs.4000 and when i checked the New Radiator cost in one of the sites, it was $275. I am wondering now is it worth paying Rs.4000 for the Guard.

Last edited by rk_sans : 14th July 2011 at 18:45.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At PRS it costs Rs.4000 and when i checked the New Radiator cost in one of the sites, it was $275. I am wondering now is it worth paying Rs.4000 for the Guard.
Well it would be good during the monsoon season keeping it clean from the muck, keeping the odd insects from getting roasted. On the long run it would ensure that the efficiency of radiator is not degraded.
And yes the cosmetic looks will be better based on your selection and taste
Old 15th July 2011, 07:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Well it would be good during the monsoon season keeping it clean from the muck, keeping the odd insects from getting roasted. On the long run it would ensure that the efficiency of radiator is not degraded.
And yes the cosmetic looks will be better based on your selection and taste
Yup, I agree cause me thinks the radiator is quite vulnerable and perhaps would do with some protection

But the radiator guard that is for sale on PRS - how is that made? Is it just a no-mod fit? Pressed aluminium? Didn't quite understand that part.
Old 15th July 2011, 21:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

Update - Odo reading 1000 kms

Update
Finally completed 1000 kms. Time to rev the bike little more. Would be gradually increase the rev from now onwards.

do agree with the protection, but even the guard would be like grill, so effectively it won't do much with regards to the muck but occasional hits from small stones and debris it would be really effective.
None of the fins of my bike radiator was bent before but after couple of weekend rides, couple of them are bent now.

@naveen,
No idea about how it would fit, etc.

Last edited by rk_sans : 15th July 2011 at 21:05.
Old 15th July 2011, 21:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update - Odo reading 1000 kms

Quote:
Update
Finally completed 1000 kms. Time to rev the bike little more. Would be gradually increase the rev from now onwards.
That's quite a fast one in accumulating the 1K Kms, 15 days? believe she is still putting a big Smile on your face. Would this be your daily runner as well?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 22:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
That's quite a fast one in accumulating the 1K Kms, 15 days? believe she is still putting a big Smile on your face. Would this be your daily runner as well?
More you ride more you love it.
Actually bought it for weekend rides but i am not able to let it go on weekdays also
So ending up using it everyday
Old 16th July 2011, 07:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More you ride more you love it.
Actually bought it for weekend rides but i am not able to let it go on weekdays also
So ending up using it everyday
Can see the unbridled happiness and the 1000KW smile that the baby Ceeber has put on your face. Wish you many more of such happy KM's.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 14:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Update - Odo reading 1600kms

Couple of updates.
Found a rust on the frame near the handle bar, the rust is very small and its on the welded area. I had informed the dealer about it and they asked me to get the bike and they will paint it. I had asked them to check with Honda as it is on the frame. My contention over here with them was, i do not know from when the rust has started and how deep it is. Even after painting what if the corrosion continues inside. Any comments or suggestions on this.

I wouldn't have bother to inform them if it was anywhere else like a screw on the mirror getting rusted. Those things we can take care of it. But this one was on the frame.

Then, i sent an email to Honda customer care yesterday, today i got a call from the dealer and asked me to get the bike, so that they can take pictures of it and send it to Honda.

Will update the progress of it.

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02508.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02509.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02510.jpg

Secondly,
Got myself a paddock done by my friend. Basically for rims cleaning, Chain cleaning and chain lubing.
Here are few pics.

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02526.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02529.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02530.jpg

New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r-dsc02531.jpg
rk_sans is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 14:58   #75
BHPian

Re: Update - Odo reading 1600kms

Quote:
Couple of updates.
Found a rust on the frame near the handle bar, the rust is very small and its on the welded area. I had informed the dealer about it and they asked me to get the bike and they will paint it. I had asked them to check with Honda as it is on the frame. My contention over here with them was, i do not know from when the rust has started and how deep it is. Even after painting what if the corrosion continues inside. Any comments or suggestions on this.

Secondly,
Got myself a paddock done by my friend. Basically for rims cleaning, Chain cleaning and chain lubing.
Hey,

That's bad to hear. Even I will go back and check for any signs of rusting on my baby. Do keep us posted on what the service center folks have to say about it.

Also, the paddock looks great. If you don't mind please share the cost incurred and also is this fabricated by your friend?

If yes, I will connect with you offline and take the measurements and other details. Would be helpful to get one made here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks