Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 15:12   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update - Odo reading 1600kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Couple of updates.
Found a rust on the frame near the handle bar, the rust is very small and its on the welded area.
Secondly,
Got myself a paddock done by my friend.
Santosh,
Appears more of surface rust, probably you can rub it mildly with a 0 or 1 spec sand paper to check how deep the rust is. A lil bit of Spray painting the sweet spot should cover it.
But the problem with Rust is like where all has it spread to?
The paddock is absolutely fantastic mate, will bother you once my bikes are done
Old 28th July 2011, 15:21   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly,
Got myself a paddock done by my friend. Basically for rims cleaning, Chain cleaning and chain lubing.
Nice job with that - if you don't mind, can you share the cost etc. If and when I get my bike, I can get it done from your friend too.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:35   #78
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Nice job with that - if you don't mind, can you share the cost etc. If and when I get my bike, I can get it done from your friend too.
+1

Santosh, your friend will have another customer in me if he can also manufacture a single arm paddock stand

Sorry about the rust part, but you can start off with Mahesh's suggestion on rubbing off with sand paper. Very difficult to know the extent of rusting visually though...
Old 28th July 2011, 15:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH

+1

Santosh, your friend will have another customer in me if he can also manufacture a single arm paddock stand
How will you operate it on your own? I think you need help to operate the paddock stand. I am a noob.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:50   #80
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
How will you operate it on your own? I think you need help to operate the paddock stand. I am a noob.
A service technician showed me a technique . Difficult to explain though. I'll try to catpure a video or take pics whenever I happen to visit the showroom which should be very soon...
JVH is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 15:52   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH

A service technician showed me a technique . Difficult to explain though. I'll try to catpure a video or take pics whenever I happen to visit the showroom which should be very soon...
Thank I look forward to the video. Will be most useful.
Old 28th July 2011, 16:33   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hey,

That's bad to hear. Even I will go back and check for any signs of rusting on my baby. Do keep us posted on what the service center folks have to say about it.

Also, the paddock looks great. If you don't mind please share the cost incurred and also is this fabricated by your friend?

If yes, I will connect with you offline and take the measurements and other details. Would be helpful to get one made here.
I took the sample measurement from one of the site. Will find that out and send you. The width in that was for a different bike, we need to measure for CBR width.

He has not charged me still anything, but he was mentioning that it would cost anywhere between 800-1000 rupees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Santosh,
Appears more of surface rust, probably you can rub it mildly with a 0 or 1 spec sand paper to check how deep the rust is. A lil bit of Spray painting the sweet spot should cover it.
But the problem with Rust is like where all has it spread to?
The paddock is absolutely fantastic mate, will bother you once my bikes are done
You are right Mahesh, appears to be a surface rust. But just want to ensure that Honda is informed about it, since we are hearing many issues.
I will ensure that this would be done by the ASC and there is a record for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
800-1000 is what he mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
+1
Single arm ..hmm. Probably we need to give me the idea and some drawings for that but it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
We cannot operate this one because it is very heavy. My friend has used a heavy material.
But if it is a light one, one crude method is, sit reverse on the back seat and put the paddock.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 17:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We cannot operate this one because it is very heavy. My friend has used a heavy material.
Guess he has built it to last mate, What are the wheels made of? Only suspect off the stand appears to be the wheels? Are they die cast stuff or regular wheels from furniture
Old 28th July 2011, 17:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Guess he has built it to last mate, What are the wheels made of? Only suspect off the stand appears to be the wheels? Are they die cast stuff or regular wheels from furniture
He wanted to put a good nylon based wheels and for that he had to go a long distance to get it. So i insisted him to put those wheels as of now. That can be changed anytime. Simple nut and bolt type it is.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:54   #85
BHPian

Quote:
He wanted to put a good nylon based wheels and for that he had to go a long distance to get it. So i insisted him to put those wheels as of now. That can be changed anytime. Simple nut and bolt type it is.
The wheels will be available in different materials & designs as needed. Since its a nut-bolt arrangement, the durability issue is nailed for good.

I want one too. Will connect with you to figure out the mode of payment, delivery and other stuff. Let me know if he is willing to make one though, time taken is not at all an issue.

1k for the paddock is simply amazing and the build quality seems to be awesome.

Last edited by mantrig : 28th July 2011 at 17:55.
Old 28th July 2011, 18:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
The wheels will be available in different materials & designs as needed. Since its a nut-bolt arrangement, the durability issue is nailed for good.

I want one too. Will connect with you to figure out the mode of payment, delivery and other stuff. Let me know if he is willing to make one though, time taken is not at all an issue.

1k for the paddock is simply amazing and the build quality seems to be awesome.
Delivery to your place would be a problem i believe. I would suggest, i will find the drawing and give you. Check that. You can ask any fabricator to do it, they will be able to do it.
Old 29th July 2011, 08:37   #87
BHPian

Hi Rk,

The Rust looks to be harmless for now (being surface rust) , get it painted.

Would love to get a paddock stand made like yours, will try some local guys in my area and might contact you for queries

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 29th July 2011 at 08:44.
Old 29th July 2011, 08:50   #88
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Single arm ..hmm. Probably we need to give me the idea and some drawings for that but it can be done.
I'll get you the drawings and the pictures. But it looks too heavy to me. What material he has used? Looks like CRS? And he has used square frames, does he have tubular/round frames in stock?

Thanks Santosh!
Old 29th July 2011, 11:09   #89
Senior - BHPian

Went to the dealer today morning, the Service manager took the photos of it. They used sand paper to rub the rusted area, found that it had not penetrated inside. They painted it with a similar color. Happy customer after it .
I ensured that they put a job card for it with the details and the service manager has promised me give the feedback from honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hi Rk,

The Rust looks to be harmless for now (being surface rust) , get it painted.

Would love to get a paddock stand made like yours, will try some local guys in my area and might contact you for queries
Not harmless true, until you rub the area with a sand paper to know exactly. Was just over-cautious here because it was the frame of the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I'll get you the drawings and the pictures. But it looks too heavy to me. What material he has used? Looks like CRS? And he has used square frames, does he have tubular/round frames in stock?

Thanks Santosh!
Yeah, he used the square frames because the design i gave was a squared frame one. He does not have the stock of the round frames. Only problem with him is that, he does not do bending of round tubes, he gets done from somebody else. Anything with square\round frames welding\fabrication he does.
I hope you got what i am telling you.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:24   #90
e46
BHPian

to rk, aargee and fellow owners:

I have a small doubt to clarify. This bike suits my requirement very much and I could spare 1,60,000 for it. however, would be really helpful, if existing members could answer the following:

1. does this bike qualify as a no tension bike. (I would use it for my daily commuting, weekend ride , getting shopping done from Spar/ hypermarkets). What i meant, does it demand more than regular servicing?

I have been using my Gladiator for close to 6 yrs and I never had any big hassle (touchwood) apart from regular services/ unforeseen puncture issues which no body can avoid. so is it a no head ache bike for normal riders like me ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks