Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 13:45   #61
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access or Honda Activa for the Wife?

aniketi: Why dont you convert this into poll? It will easily help understand what people are suggesting.
I also fail to understand why not wego? Mahindra 2 wheelers I can understand for not including. But TVS?
Old 4th November 2011, 15:20   #62
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access or Honda Activa? Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

How is overall Wego's performance? What mileage you are getting? What is the price? How comfortable it is for 2+1 people? How is pickup with 2 people on board? Sorry about too many questions
My wego has clocked around 6500 kms
Are you taking about performance in terms of drive-ability or outright acceleration?
The scooter is adequately powered for 2 people, comfortable to drive in city traffic. The engine has become a lot smoother after the 3rd service along with an increase in pick up. This bike might leave you dissapointed if you want outright acceleration when the traffic signal turns green.

My wife feel the engine is little noisy at speed above 70, but I find it very sporty.

Issues (reported to service centre, not solved yet):
1.) Kick start does not work in the morning, have to use the button start.
2.) Center stand keeps hitting the road repeatedly when driven over a undulating surface.

I have mentioned the city fuel efficiency in my earlier response. I have filled only shell petrol till now.
Old 4th November 2011, 16:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access or Honda Activa? Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
aniketi: Why dont you convert this into poll? It will easily help understand what people are suggesting.
I also fail to understand why not wego? Mahindra 2 wheelers I can understand for not including. But TVS?
I am not considering too many options. Also i need scooter which will suit my requirements and i dont want to just go with majority of the vote. So poll is not needed. Yes i will now be looking at Wego as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
My wego has clocked around 6500 kms
Are you taking about performance in terms of drive-ability or outright acceleration?
The scooter is adequately powered for 2 people, comfortable to drive in city traffic. The engine has become a lot smoother after the 3rd service along with an increase in pick up. This bike might leave you dissapointed if you want outright acceleration when the traffic signal turns green.

My wife feel the engine is little noisy at speed above 70, but I find it very sporty.

Issues (reported to service centre, not solved yet):
1.) Kick start does not work in the morning, have to use the button start.
2.) Center stand keeps hitting the road repeatedly when driven over a undulating surface.

I have mentioned the city fuel efficiency in my earlier response. I have filled only shell petrol till now.
Thanks for the inputs. The problems you mentioned are really disappointing. New scooter should not give starting troubles in the morning. Also stand hitting the road sounds really annoying. Has anyone else faced same problems?

Will go through all potholes on the road with Wego while test drive so that i can get my own vote for same
Old 5th November 2011, 19:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

I got a HH Pleasure since 2009. Walked into a Honda dealership with an intent to buy, but was massively put off by the pathetic pre-sales experience. I walked out never to return.
That time too they had promised immediate delivery, provided we buy a "fully accessorized" model they happened to have with them for 11k extra.
The HH Pleasure is serving us well, primary user being my mom. She disliked "diminutive" options like the Scooty/Pep, and found the Aviator a bit tall. The HH Pleasure was a perfect balance of cost/ready delivery/refinement and trouble free Honda mechanicals. Its not particularly fast or exciting, but provides fuss free motoring for short A to B hops.
She test rode nearly all options available back then (except Access, because we didnt know where a dealership was, lol).
So if waiting for an Activa is not an option, get the Pleasure. Its girly in appearance (or so they say), but I dont really mind it in the stone Grey colour I bought and anyways, appearances be damned.

Last edited by sajo : 5th November 2011 at 19:35.
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:41   #65
BHPian

Bumping up this thread, I have similar requirements:
Need a gearless scooter for almost daily use like:
Chores near the house: Grocery/Vegetable shopping etc
Traveling to crowded city center areas
Will be used by me and my wife. Both are more than 5'5'' and on the "healthy" side.
Trying to choose between Access, Aviator and Wild Card entry (after reading the posts on this thread) Wego.
Aniketi, what was your final decision and can you share your ownership experience so far?
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Trying to choose between Access, Aviator and Wild Card entry (after reading the posts on this thread) Wego.
Access should be your top choice, closely followed by Aviator. Wego though is good, is a bit on the smaller side compared to Access and Aviator. If you dont mind that and are comfortable on the Wego, then you cannot go wrong with either of the 3 choices above. All 3 have good suspension and engines. Access has the torque + cc advantage over the other 2. Also consider the proximity of the service center of the brand you go for. Helps a lot during servicing of the bike. Happy choosing.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:57   #67

Shreeps,

Go with the Wego... Mine has so far clocked nearly 8k kms. Mileage around 50 plus. For stop/start option, like you have mentioned, and since you both clock in upwards of 5'5", Wego should suit you fine. Test ride aviator and access before going for the kill. By the way, I am also a "healthy" person.

Quote:
Will be used by me and my wife. Both are more than 5'5'' and on the "healthy" side.
Aniketi, what was your final decision and can you share your ownership experience so far?
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry guys, but i couldn't buy anything for last few months due to some problems. But recently i tried both Wego & Access. I find both good. I will be giving the cheque for the Suzuki Access only. I found Wego to be on little smaller side. With 2 elderly people i guess its little small for use. Whereas access is very robust.

I also saw new bike called Swish launched by Suzuki. SE told me that it has same access engine just looks are different. Lookd ok to me. Didn't ride it though.

So my final decision is Access now. Heard from lot of friends that its the best available in the market. So waiting for it now. Will update once it comes home. SE told that it will take 10-15 days for delivery after payment is made.
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:02   #69

I took test-drives on Activa and Wego; and find the Wego a lot more comfortable.

I want to try the Flyte and Access before making a decision.

However the Suzuki showroom in BTM refused to give a test drive for Access. She said test drives are only allowed on bikes!!! Also she said there is a waiting period of 2 months.

Who would pick up a scooter without a test drive? And then wait 2 months for it!!!!
Old 23rd March 2012, 22:28   #70
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Wego is a very good scooter. But then Activa, Aviator and Access all are good in their own respects. Test ride all and then decide. Try test riding the Access from any other Suzuki showroom based in Bangalore if not the BTM one. Why not wait for the Vespa LX125 though?
Old 5th June 2012, 10:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

I am too looking for a scooter-ate for my wife, i have shortlisted Activa and Vespa but honda activa looks more promising in respect to service and reliability wherein vespa does not have a dealership at my place.
Old 5th June 2012, 10:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I am too looking for a scooter-ate for my wife, i have shortlisted Activa and Vespa but honda activa looks more promising in respect to service and reliability wherein vespa does not have a dealership at my place.
Although Vespa looks promising on the paper, it seriously lacks the service network where Honda scores. Also spending 10k more is not justified. I would suggest better stick with Activa if available at your place or else look for other options like Wego or Access or Swish.
Old 5th June 2012, 10:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Although Vespa looks promising on the paper, it seriously lacks the service network where Honda scores. Also spending 10k more is not justified. I would suggest better stick with Activa if available at your place or else look for other options like Wego or Access or Swish.
Yes I will, there are two new metallic colors available in Activa: Blue and Gold which looks good and it is costing me 52k OTR Lucknow
Old 5th June 2012, 10:57   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Yes I will, there are two new metallic colors available in Activa: Blue and Gold which looks good and it is costing me 52k OTR Lucknow
I would like to make one suggestion - go for the scooter which has atleast front telescopic suspensions. Activa has spring loaded ones and I tell you they hurt a lot when passing over even small bumps/potholes/rough surfaces. With monsoons coming in, the road condition is going to go from bad to worse.

BTW have you test driven any other scooters other than Activa?
Old 5th June 2012, 11:09   #75
BHPian

I have an Access for last 2 yrs, done 4k only. Seldom used for very short trips inside town. Thus FE is a low 30-32 kmpl. Once had a trip of 60 km., felt that FE is approx 40 kmpl. My neighbor has a Honda Aviator which I have driven. My Access feels way better than the Aviator. His Aviator is used every day, but starts after trying for 5/6 times, but my scooter starts invariably in the first attempt. Engine note of Access is cleaner without any undesired sound. Pick up is much better than Aviator. Not tried a Wego yet. Had a TD of Flyte. Liked it, it was cheaper too. Short ladies will like it for it's low sitting. Did not purchase it as the poor quality in body parts, plastic etc was showing & was inferior to Access. Also was not confident of ***.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks