Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2018, 19:29   #121
BHPian

Re: Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Wanted to run it by the folks here before I take the plunge. There seems to be a new player offering air cushion for motorcycle seats for a bargain (preorder at ₹1299). Is this too good to be true?
Would love to hear from owners of ride-on-air.
https://Youtu.be/lJKR2ZlZ6UU
Attachment 1703246
Attachment 1703247
Attachment 1703248
Attachment 1703249

Here is the campaign link:
https://www.fueladream.com/home/campaign/2230
Picked it up a few days for a pillion. I commute 54 kms everyday with a pillion on a good ol' 2006 Karizma, due to the old seat, my pillion faces a lot of back and rear pain. This did make a difference, its comfortable and does do in what the description of the product says. Had to adjust the air quiet a bit to find the correct fit. Its larger than my rear seat and straps on decently although not tight enough as there is a slight play. The only thing my pillion complains is its a little slippery, else all good for the past 1 week

Last edited by nosfreak : 7th May 2018 at 19:30.
Old 11th May 2018, 09:59   #122
BHPian

Re: Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post

Don't customize your original seat... the gel pad is not worth it. Use it as a strap on cushion.
My grouse with the seat softness on the Himalayan were only when myself & the mrs. are riding for longer than 150-200km. The short 5-10 minute breaks with the stretching or walking didn't seem to help & after our previous experiences with the avenger & the TB350 seat comfort, some customisation of the Himalayan seats was needed.

Taking a cue from Arun's point about not tampering with the original seat, I've tried a small prototyping job with strap-on seat pads - with just high density U-foam for now.

I didn't want to plunge into the 2k worth gel sheet (available on Amazon) as yet. I figured that it was rather large in dimensions and some wastage will come around when cutting to the required pattern for the Himalayan seats. But I might go in for the gel sheet if I find the U-foam does not perform satisfactorily. The total cost of this job came to Rs. 750/-.

The zippers added to the seat covers will help in replacement of the foam padding with gel sheets later, if need be. The velcro straps are holding firm when cornering and they have some extra stitches to avoid tear due to strain at the joint to the rexine used. A handle bar protector was cut in length and adapted to avoid the the tail rack bar from hitting the pillion's tail bone (though not an issue when tail bags are used).

Trials are on & so far so good. I agree that seat comforts & customisations are very personal in nature since every butt is a unique butt.

Will post updates once longer rides are clocked.
Attached Thumbnails
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-reh-padding-1.jpg  

Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-reh-padding-2.jpg  

rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks