Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 11:08   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal cruising: My 2011 Enfield Thunderbird

^^That is why I am always present during the oil change of my bike / car. Even if I have to take a day off for it.

It really sucks to be enthusiastic about your ride here, unless you are the DIY type.
Old 28th December 2012, 10:58   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^That is why I am always present during the oil change of my bike / car. Even if I have to take a day off for it.

It really sucks to be enthusiastic about your ride here, unless you are the DIY type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
However, the feedback I received was that the engine oil had not been replaced for atleast 6k kms, or over 2 past services. Considering that I had always insisted on oil change during every service (and all prior services were with the RE company service station) and paid for the same, this is an outrage and willful cheating.
Just in case you are not able to be present personally for the servicing / oil change, I guess, it is mandatory to at least have a look at the oil level window at the time of taking delivery of motorcycle post servicing / oil change. By that way, you can inspect if the newly oil filled is at correct level and most importantly is there is an oil change. New oil invariably is much clearer than the oil which has run over 2K - 3K kms.

take care and ride safely

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_atam View Post
Hey everyone, have 2006 THB and would like to modify my stock headlight with the new projector one (new 500 THB one), is it feasible with existing wiring.
I have 2012 THB and enquired with the authorized service centre for a change to new projector headlamp of new THB. Technically possible, but the service manager said that there would be change in the wiring kit. So, as per ASC, direct change (plug & play) is not possible without alteration to wiring.

take care and ride safely

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use multi-quote option while replying to multiple posts instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th February 2013 at 14:44. Reason: Merged posts
Old 11th February 2013, 12:19   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Technically possible, but the service manager said that there would be change in the wiring kit.

Never a good idea to fiddle with the stock wiring on an RE particularly. The poor technical competency across RE service centers only compounds this suggestion!
Old 5th April 2013, 14:54   #139

Hey MAG dude. Kudos for the decision, Even i was a biker and then changed to being a car guy given my traveling and thanks to Delhi traffic.

But the dream for a BULLET was always there & recently the bug bit me again (mid life crisis may be). I was sitting with some old friends and one of them mentioned that he is considering disposing his RE Tbird 350 as he rarely rides it so as a mark of respect he let some one use it. Done and sealed the deal and got the monster home. What an adrenaline rush man, it was 15 years since that i was riding a bike.

Got the basics - chrome, rubbing, polishing done and shine it did, feeling of ecstasy.

Read your review on the horn & headlight - fully agree an I am also going for the Bosch & Phillips as suggested respectively.

Posting a first cut pic. Will be back with more later once I have done the modifications and customized it.

PS : If any Delhi members on the forum - can you guys suggest some places where i can get gut stuff for the monster.

Happy Bulleting !!!!!

Note from Support - Please type in full English without using SMS language and slang words. Short forms such as u for you, wanna for want to, dunno for don't know, etc. are not permitted. Dotty posts like abcd...efgh...ijkl... are strictly not allowed as well. Your post has been corrected to confirm with the forum rules. Please read the board rules here, before posting any further. Please help us by confirming to and maintaining the quality of this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal cruising: My 2011 Enfield Thunderbird-bullet.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th April 2013 at 11:53.
Old 28th June 2013, 21:10   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Left the RE with the company service center today after a hiatus - the last service was done by Devesh. I must say I am pleasantly surprised with the effects of the service: they are certainly significantly more than during any of the previous services there. Would rate the service quality as an 8/10 : pretty good rating, if I must say so myself. They also had someone from the Royal Enfield factory management seated there permanently now.
Old 10th December 2013, 17:34   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet another running update. At around the 16.5K kms mark, the bike had started to become sluggish, did not like first start, handle had become tight, braking was weak and the bike was overall reduced in performance.

Left it with Devesh - who's shifted shop again (rather annoyingly!). After a change of front brake pads, rear brake shoe, air filter, oil filter, front left fork oil seal, brake oil and engine oil, alongwith removal of a fork bend, the bike sprang back to its original sprightliness 4 days later. It feels tight and responsive now.

After 2.5 years of owing this machine, I have come to the conclusion that you approach the company service station only if you are time starved and want a quick service without attention to detail. Else, a trustworthy private garage is the way to go for that TLC your RE needs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks