Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 16:24   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal cruising: My 2011 Enfield Thunderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Please tell me where I get this Slime. Does it work for tubes?
Slime works on tube type tires too. See this.

Last i checked Speedworks (Chennai) was an authorized distributor for Slime but the same does not figure on the left hand pane of their homepage.

eBay India has Slime Tube Sealant products on sale:

slime tube sealant | eBay

Quote:
Primarily aesthetics - not sure if an alloy might fit the form on a RE like a spoked wheel does. However - if you some suitable designs in mind, do let me know !
I've seen some bullets with alloy wheels but frankly none with a good design. The ones that are available locally actually kill the looks of the bike.
Old 17th April 2012, 05:11   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

"slime" is made in several different formulations for specific purposes.

There is a Slime that is made for sealing tubeless tires which will not work well in inner tubes.

There is a Slime that is made for sealing inner tubes as well.
This formula is different because it has fibers that help to plug the leak.

You may follow these links to learn more directly from the company that makes Slime.

SLIME – Worldwide Leader in Tire Care – Repairing a flat tire? Slime Tire & Tube Sealant » Catalog » Catalog Products » Tire Sealant Bottles

SLIME – Worldwide Leader in Tire Care – Repairing a flat tire? Slime Tire & Tube Sealant » Catalog » Catalog Products » Tube Sealant Bottles

While you are viewing one of these links you may want to click on the "Questions" button to learn more about what these products will do for you.

I haven't used Slime in my motorcycle's inner tubes but I have used it in my bicycle tire inner tubes.

For the bicycle it worked quite well for sealing punctures made by smaller thorns that were about 0,8mm in diameter. For larger punctures like a carpenters nail (2mm) it wouldn't seal the hole.
When I say that, I should point out that bicycle inner tubes are much thinner than motorcycle inner tubes so for use in a motorcycle it may work much better than it did in my bicycle with larger punctures.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 17th April 2012 at 05:13.
Old 29th April 2012, 08:32   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems to be the season of punctures, and then some. A few days after the previous puncture, the RE suffered a second puncture - while the bike was parked at home for a few days unused! Adding insult to injury, the nearest puncture shop did not know how to remove a Bullet's rear wheel! Finally, got a competent puncture chap that weekend to have this fixed.

Diagnosis: The tube had started leaking NEXT to the previous puncture. I was advised to replace the tube next time around since it has started going weak - just 1 year + into the bike's life !

Got a new tube last evening from the MRF showroom: cost Rs 300. Will be getting it fitted today as preventive maintenance.

EDIT: ArizonaJim - thanks for the useful tips above.

Last edited by theMAG : 29th April 2012 at 11:38.
Old 5th June 2012, 15:01   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

OK. A couple updates - and good ones at that.

1. Got the RE's seat/backrest redone last evening. And what a mindblowing transformation! The new seat is of a perforated finish, and has rivet-like metal (looking) shots running along its seam. And very nicely repacked with foam.

2. Got the horns I had purchased at the store below Sandhya Motors thrown out, and replaced with dual Hellas. Also, had the pathethic previous wiring thrown out and horn rewiring done. Learning is to not purchase/install any electrical accessory from that store.

Another photo shoot coming up over the weekend!
Old 5th June 2012, 15:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the horns I had purchased at the store below Sandhya Motors thrown out, and replaced with dual Hellas. Also, had the pathethic previous wiring thrown out and horn rewiring done. Learning is to not purchase/install any electrical accessory from that store.
Any issues with the wiring or horns you bought from that store? Do let us know if anything specific incident(s) led to junking your existing ones for the Hella's.
Old 5th June 2012, 15:35   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Poor quality wiring done at the time of installation led to a temporary conking off the electric start/battery discharge.

2. The horns themselves were found to be fake.

3. Even poorer quality of connections meant that the horns, after the first 2 months that they worked, stopped working thereafter.
Old 20th June 2012, 17:33   #82

Quote:
OK. A couple updates - and good ones at that.

1. Got the RE's seat/backrest redone last evening. And what a mindblowing transformation! The new seat is of a perforated finish, and has rivet-like metal (looking) shots running along its seam. And very nicely repacked with foam.

2. Got the horns I had purchased at the store below Sandhya Motors thrown out, and replaced with dual Hellas. Also, had the pathethic previous wiring thrown out and horn rewiring done. Learning is to not purchase/install any electrical accessory from that store.

Another photo shoot coming up over the weekend!
Can you please share the place where you got your seat work done(address/cost) and share the photos. I have a TBTS as well and the current seat covers needs to be replaced before the monsoon hits.

Thank you
$niper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:33   #83
BHPian

Yes, please revert about the seat cover as I am planning to visit RE showroom today to replace mine.
Old 24th June 2012, 10:40   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry gents -saw this now: been tied up. The modifications were done at :

Bikers Den
Address: 411, 18th Main, 4 T Block
Proprietor's name: Devesh Juvia
Facebook: Bikersden

The shop is a professional bike modification shop. I am personally quite impressed with the quality of Devesh's work. I will put up photos of my new seat before tomorrow .

I understand that he may be shifting to a larger facility in the near future.

Last edited by theMAG : 24th June 2012 at 10:41.
Old 25th June 2012, 11:09   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

As promised, here are some photos of the seat. Apologies for the quality: but that was the best I could do in the 30 secs I had to click them from my cell.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal cruising: My 2011 Enfield Thunderbird-photo0420.jpg  

Royal cruising: My 2011 Enfield Thunderbird-photo0423.jpg  

theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 12:15   #86
Senior - BHPian

Thought I'd post this here for the benefit of bullet owners who are plagued by punctures.

Tire Conditioner and Sealant

[Ownership Thread]: Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Page 934 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 14:15   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thought I'd post this here for the benefit of bullet owners who are plagued by punctures.

Tire Conditioner and Sealant
Thanks friend, but one doubt is there to be cleared. In the first link it says - " to be used in vehicles operating at speeds less than 30 mph" ?!!
OT : ATGATT is motivative !
Regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 25th June 2012 at 14:19.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:22   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
but one doubt is there to be cleared. In the first link it says - " to be used in vehicles operating at speeds less than 30 mph" ?!!
Could be for use in bicycles but the website also states:

"Ride-On TPS is available in formulations for every tire application. Try our Commercial High Speed (CHS) formula for over-the road equipment traveling at speeds in excess of 30 mph. For more severe applications and extreme off-road conditions, where downtime is critical, we recommend the use of our Ride-On Heavy Duty Off-Road (HDOTR) sealant. Ride-On TPS is also available for motorcycles and bicycles".
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 16:43   #89
BHPian

Thanks for the review. Sure adds to my already existing agony of selecting between TB and CL350
Your bike looks cool, the new textured seat is awesome.
Keep the shine.

Down the road suggestions for modification :
You should get blade type alloys and change the handle bar to better looking extended straight bar.
Go for 18 inch rear and broader tyre. (better braking)
Huger tank
Shift the gear and brakes levers to front with an extension.
It will completely improve your ridding position.
Old 27th June 2012, 13:53   #90

Quote:
Sorry gents -saw this now: been tied up. The modifications were done at :

Bikers Den
Address: 411, 18th Main, 4 T Block
Proprietor's name: Devesh Juvia
Facebook: Bikersden

The shop is a professional bike modification shop. I am personally quite impressed with the quality of Devesh's work. I will put up photos of my new seat before tomorrow .

I understand that he may be shifting to a larger facility in the near future.
Thanks for sharing the contact details and pictures. Would you mind sharing the cost pls (approximate cost will also do). Looking at your bike pictures reminds me of the good old days I used to keep my bikes shining, don't have the bandwidth to do that now, I just manage to keep the bike clean as it is a daily runner. Well maintained Buddy TBTS in Silver and shining chrome looks CLASSY - Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks