Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 14:30   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Thanks thing is I'm not really looking for a high mileage tyre
wasnt't meant solely for you buddy, was sharing it because I was doing some research for a change of tyres myself and came across this review this morning which I found was great. A lot of us high milers on the Versys are going in for the PR4's

You should ideally be looking only at Metzelers and nothing else - they are the king on the track and for aggressive riding on something like a KTM 390.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I will also be looking at replacing rear tyre of my Dominar in another 2k+ kms or so. Right now I am leaning towards Michelin Pilot Street Radials. Let's see how it goes.
Rear = Michelin PSR's all the way. I am running that on my Versys and so are a few other high milers and we are all very happy with it.

Last edited by Red Liner : 13th December 2017 at 14:43.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 08:48   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Rear = Michelin PSR's all the way. I am running that on my Versys and so are a few other high milers and we are all very happy with it.
Thanks Red Liner. How does it fare on mild off roads/gravel and also while cornering (not on track). What I understand is PSR are more of an all round tires compared to Metz or Diablo Rosso, which are more track oriented.

KK
Old 14th December 2017, 09:06   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Thanks Red Liner. How does it fare on mild off roads/gravel and also while cornering (not on track). What I understand is PSR are more of an all round tires compared to Metz or Diablo Rosso, which are more track oriented.

KK
Fares okay considering the purpose for what it was intended. Street. Have done plenty of mild dual sporting, and its been alright.
Old 14th December 2017, 11:13   #754
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
In the wet my bike is just a bit too edgy and squirmish and unsettled especially at lower speeds for me to enjoy riding it even one bit.
Or maybe you are too stiff/worked up? Happens when one is too alert
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 13:06   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Or maybe you are too stiff/worked up? Happens when one is too alert
Too stiff on a sportbike on Bangalore roads? I guess everyone learns not to be that way The number of potholes, uneven road surfaces, undulations etc in Bangalore means that whether you are technically inclined or not, you end up gripping the tank with your legs and leaving your arms loose or otherwise standing up entirely if you miss spotting one of these undulations in time. The sheer amount one has to move their body around and adjust themselves on a sportbike in Bangalore means that being stiff is simply not an option. It is probably down to the way my bike is setup it is an old pre-facelift model with really choppy fuelling at low rpms, pre-load is adjusted to 7 which is a track setting for my weight meaning that even on anything but perfectly laid smooth roads, one needs to be nimble and can't really push the bike too much (stock is 3), and most importantly, my front tyre is now slick

Last edited by IshaanIan : 14th December 2017 at 13:21.
Old 1st January 2018, 13:24   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Tyre review for Vee Rubber VRM 193:

Cost : Rs 2800

Size and Speed rating : 130/80/17 H (210 KPH)

Kms covered : 3000
Can you share where you picked up this tyre? Seems like a perfect replacement for my rear tyre, which is currently serviced by the 120/90 REH CEAT tyre.

I'll try and see if someone in my biking circle up north can have it shipped over to Bangalore.
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:54   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Can you share where you picked up this tyre?
Picked up from Globe Engineering @ Karol Bagh (Delhi)

Phone# - 9810026629, 9811374990

He can ship them over to you, although at a cost
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 21:02   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share where you picked up this tyre? Seems like a perfect replacement for my rear tyre, which is currently serviced by the 120/90 REH CEAT tyre.

I'll try and see if someone in my biking circle up north can have it shipped over to Bangalore.

Hey Praful,

You can get this tyre from the guys in the following link. They ship all over India too.

http://triadindia.com/product.php
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 23:38   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Picked up from Globe Engineering @ Karol Bagh (Delhi)
Last question, is it a TT or a TL tyre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Hey Praful,

You can get this tyre from the guys in the following link. They ship all over India too.

http://triadindia.com/product.php
Thanks APT!!
Old 4th January 2018, 23:42   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last question, is it a TT or a TL tyre
Tubeless

And the Globe engineering folks are the same "triad" people Akshay has posted above
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 19:33   #761
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the width of Himalayan's rear wheel? I know the diameter is 17, but I'm looking for the rim width, aka how fat is it. Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 14:07   #762
BHPian

Hey.
I have replaced both my tyres on my RS200 with a pair of pirelli Angle CiTy. I replaced the front with the stock size,100/80/17 and the rear with a slightly wider tyre,140/70/17.
I never heard about these tyres before but they are made for sub 300cc bikes and are an affordable brother of the famous Angle GT.

I was in a dilemma between the MRF masseter , sport demon and these unknown Angle CT.
Not many reviews available, most videos are in Indonesian since they are recently launched and it's manufactured in that country.

Here's the official picture and the one below is how it looks on my bike.
Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 3113
Size:  132.5 KB
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-img_20180112_140246.jpg
Regarding the tyres performance, it's only 20km old and needs to run in but initial feel is outstanding! Bike wants to Lean now, grip is excellent.
Hopefully it lasts more than 15k km without any punctures. Something which the stock MRF did without a sweat.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 12th January 2018 at 14:14.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 10:39   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Mods: There is no tyre thread for motorcycle tyres.I felt if will be helpful for others who want to change the tyres on their bikes so that they can choose better ones available in the market.Kindly make this as a sticky.

MRF ZAPPER FY

Application: Front tyre
Commonly available sizes: 80/90-17
Price: Approx 1600 rupees

The FY is the front tyre that comes as a stock in the R15 V1.According to Yamaha, MRF developed the front the rear tyres of R15 keeping grip and cornering as the highest priority.And boy it lives upto its expectations! Its truly an amazing tyre with incredible amount of grip! Handles wet and dry conditions with aplomb.After i changed my pulsar tyres with this one ,i was astonished by its grip.Not once has it squealed under hard braking,neither has it locked up! Lasts 15K to 20K kms.

MRF ZAPPER FY1 ( R15V2 Front tyre)

Application-Front tyre
Size- 90/80-17 Tubeless
Price - 3100 at Yamaha Showroom.

Okay, So its been one week since i have started using this tyre on my pulsar 180 UG3 and i can describe it in one word- PHENOMENAL!

The tyre grips,grips,grips................................. .............,and grips!
Sometimes i feel my pulsar 180 does not do justice to the grip level this tyre provides.But i am sure that i can bank upon this tyre to save my skin during those emergency situations!

Verdict- The best replacement tyre for Indian conditions than can be used on any bike whose front tyre specs read 2.75-17, 90/90-17 . Pulsar and RTR owners-Chuck the factory tyre out and replace it with this tyre .Or if your existing tyre is up for replacement go for this tyre without any hint of doubt ! It can convert a normal street bike into a corner craving SBK

Ride Safe
I want to replace the tyres of my Pulsar 180 (classic version). The stock tyre sizes are 2.75x18 TT and 100/90 x 18. I want tyres that offer the best grip possible in dry/wet and while cornering & stopping. Tyre life really does not matter. Based on your recommendations, I was trying to look for these tyres on the MRF site. All I can see is for 2.75-18 TT, MRF Zapper RF (Rs. 1450) & Zapper FS (Rs. 1350) for the front tyres and for 100/90-18 TT there is only Zapper Y (Rs. 1700).

Do you have any idea about these tyres? Any other tyres of similar size with good grip and cornering ability?
Old 9th March 2018, 12:58   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I want to replace the tyres of my Pulsar 180 (classic version). The stock tyre sizes are 2.75x18 TT and 100/90 x 18. I want tyres that offer the best grip possible in dry/wet and while cornering & stopping. Tyre life really does not matter. Based on your recommendations, I was trying to look for these tyres on the MRF site. All I can see is for 2.75-18 TT, MRF Zapper RF (Rs. 1450) & Zapper FS (Rs. 1350) for the front tyres and for 100/90-18 TT there is only Zapper Y (Rs. 1700).

Do you have any idea about these tyres? Any other tyres of similar size with good grip and cornering ability?
Hi Biju,

There are limited options in 18 inch rim size. You have to make do with whatever is available.

For front, go for the Zapper FS
For Rear, go for Ceat vertigo/Zapper C.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 21:40   #765
BANNED

Hey guys please suggest the stickiest tires available for the following sizes;

•Front – 2.75 * 17
•Rear – 3.00 * 17

I wouldn't mind a small up-size for the sake of better grip, tire life is not a concern, only grip matters.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks