Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:23   #76
BHPian

Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Hey Hillram lovely collection, lovely color, amazingly detailed review, a great bike & an italian legend back in India ! Thanks for sharing.

A few inputs that I needed:
1. What was the revised FE after your 2nd service ?
2. You had mentioned some cold start problems have they been resolved
3. Was the rubber mat on your bike standard as I had seen it on the launch pics or on the website
4. Same info required for the side stand - didn't see it in the original equipment list
5. The OTR price is around 13K higher than the ex showroom price of 66K is that a norm for AP or was the case diff for this bike ?
6. How good quality is the chrome on the bike, my current house does not have covered parking nor my office so a bike cover may not always be available for me
7. Mind if I ask how tall are you, as I am trying look for a bike which will be easy for mom who is 5'5'" to use. She was unable to reach her feet on the bikes in the market.
8. Any news on the new accessories you had mentioned that were being launched
9. Is there a need for you to use the kick lever at all - if so is there a rubber grip available for it ?
10. How does the bike hold up on baddddd roads, potholes galore ?

Finally, everyone asked you for white wall insert prices but I did not see your reply. Can you please let us know !
90BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:55   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Hey Hillram lovely collection, lovely color, amazingly detailed review, a great bike & an italian legend back in India ! Thanks for sharing.

A few inputs that I needed:
1. What was the revised FE after your 2nd service ?
2. You had mentioned some cold start problems have they been resolved
3. Was the rubber mat on your bike standard as I had seen it on the launch pics or on the website
4. Same info required for the side stand - didn't see it in the original equipment list
5. The OTR price is around 13K higher than the ex showroom price of 66K is that a norm for AP or was the case diff for this bike ?
6. How good quality is the chrome on the bike, my current house does not have covered parking nor my office so a bike cover may not always be available for me
7. Mind if I ask how tall are you, as I am trying look for a bike which will be easy for mom who is 5'5'" to use. She was unable to reach her feet on the bikes in the market.
8. Any news on the new accessories you had mentioned that were being launched
9. Is there a need for you to use the kick lever at all - if so is there a rubber grip available for it ?
10. How does the bike hold up on baddddd roads, potholes galore ?

Finally, everyone asked you for white wall insert prices but I did not see your reply. Can you please let us know !
Thanks.

1.FE after 2nd servicing yet to be checked.But I was promised 50kmpl atleast as I tweaked the RPM.I was getting a steady 45kmpl earlier.After the 3rd servicing where the engine oil will be changed again,the FE will improve much better.

2.No cold start problems at all.I started the Wasp after 10 days and it revved in the second kick.So you can rest calm on this.There is a provision of a choke which is very effective.

3.Floor mat is an accessory.One needs to buy it by paying Rs.1200

4.Side stand is not an accessory.Its company fitted and comes in the OTR price.

5.The OTR price is Rs.79,950 in A.P which includes handling and registation charges of Rs.3000.If you opt out of registration charges and convince the Showroom guys to waive off handling charges..its actually Rs.76990,and this is the price that i paid and got the floor mat free.

6.Chrome is of good quality.My Vespa got drenched in rain many times in the past few months but there isnt a speck of rust of or peeling of nickel.

7.Im 5ft 7 inches.Im quite comfortable.I think it should be fine for your mom.

8.New accessories are chrome side guard,tail light guard and front bumper guard.But these are not company made nor original stuff.I was told that company is still testing foot pegs and side foot rest.I was hoping that the windshield glass would be available or could be imported from Thailand,but the Indian set up of LX 125 does not come with provision to fit a Windhsield glass on the handlebar.

9. As a good practice,the first start of the day should always be a kick start,be any 2 wheeler with a self start.When you do a dry kick,the petrol gets pumped into the carburettor and helps to ignite faster.
Rubber grip is not available,hence in wet conditions,one should exercise caution while using kick start.
Also Vespa India has advised the rider to use kick start in a specific position,or else there is a chance of kickstarter getting jammed.Few cases of this jamming were reported at the service centre.

10.Suspension is very good and the wasp literally flies over pot holes even with a pillion rider.I weight about 105 kgs and this itself is a test to the suspension.

White Wall tyre inserts and tyres are available on ebay.But I have procured mine from the Vespa showroom on the Avenue des Champs Elysee in Paris.

If you are a Vespa aficianado,check out their merchandise too.Its 1/5th cost of the european prices.
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 21:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

I spotted this signboard at the Vespa Service centre when i took my wasp today for a minor front brake adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails
My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion-vespa-signboard.jpg  

Old 16th October 2012, 22:36   #79
BHPian

I booked a black one yesterday for my son's birthday today. Registration done today and delivery will be tomorrow. The price at Chennai is around Rs.71,000/-. Starting from Oct 3rd, they give waiver of insurance cost and life tax cost till 31st of October,12, I am told. Otherwise, the price here at Chennai is around Rs.80,000/- plus. I will post picture and other details shortly.
Old 16th October 2012, 22:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
I booked a black one yesterday for my son's birthday today.
Congratulations for your choice.Your son will not regret riding a Vespa LX 125.
Please make sure that he wears a good helmet while riding.
Old 17th October 2012, 06:56   #81
BHPian

@hillram: Sure, thanks.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:02   #82
BHPian

It's looking stunning. In fact I bought my wifey one. Really interested in getting the sides of the wheels painted white. How did you get it done and how much did it cost?
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
It's looking stunning. In fact I bought my wifey one. Really interested in getting the sides of the wheels painted white. How did you get it done and how much did it cost?
The sides of the wheels are not painted. They are called White Wall inserts and they are available abroad. I procured them from Paris.
But you may try online for white wall inserts.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:17   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I too gifted my sibling one and added the whitewall inserts two weeks ago. Got em from this guy. He is based out of Mumbai, but might have dealers in Bangalore.

Auto Runner/Darryl Menezes/09821047448
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:54   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
The sides of the wheels are not painted. They are called White Wall inserts and they are available abroad. I procured them from Paris.
But you may try online for white wall inserts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
I too gifted my sibling one and added the whitewall inserts two weeks ago. Got em from this guy. He is based out of Mumbai, but might have dealers in Bangalore.

Auto Runner/Darryl Menezes/09821047448
Thanks guys. There are a few dealers online. Tell me...should I buy 8" or 10" inserts? I don't remember the rim size :P
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tell me...should I buy 8" or 10" inserts? I don't remember the rim size :P
You need to get 10" Wall inserts for LX125. They will fit very well.
If i may suggest, go for Tubeless tyres and then fit the White Wall inserts.
You will get a stupendous result.

Last edited by hillram : 3rd December 2012 at 13:14.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:58   #87
BHPian

any news of disc brake version...?
Old 3rd December 2012, 16:00   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
any news of disc brake version...?
Disc brake version with no extra cost, was supposed to be introduced in October 2012 along with 2 more trendy colours-Orange and Pink, but this has been postponed.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:33   #89
BHPian

Congrats first!

Most scooters in this segment come with a single shocker at the rear, but this comes with a single telescopic fork in front. How much of ride quality difference is there with a single fork in front?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 4th December 2012 at 16:35.
Old 14th December 2012, 07:23   #90
BHPian

I read a news in Tamil auto magazine 'Motor Vikatan' that in 2013 Vespa will launch a new model in the name of '946'. But the CC is 125 only. The said magazine has added a picture also. I am not sure whether it is the picture of '946'.

Last edited by vskesavan : 14th December 2012 at 07:26. Reason: link not suitable

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks