Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which gear less scooter would you buy ?
Honda Activa 56 31.82%
Honda Dio (New) 20 11.36%
Hero Maestro 6 3.41%
TVS Wego 38 21.59%
Suzuki Access 125 56 31.82%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 12:46   #166
BHPian

Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Thank you. I was contemplating the same. Reviews seem to suggest that it is a complete package. How has your ownership experience been for the past one year? Niggles, service etc. I may be prejudiced but TVS doesn't sound very assuring to me.

It sure is a great scoot. I have not found any niggles at all and I have never faced any problem with the TVS service centers too.

You have to ride the scooter to believe how smooth it is in competition to other offerings in the market. I chose this after almost 6 months of research and reading so many reviews online. I can safely say its really a great scooty.
Old 14th July 2016, 21:44   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post

Also I have taken it couple of times on the highway and it really impressed me with the handling.

Please go and check the Jupiter and also see the list of features it offers over the competition, its total value for money.
Also, Jupiter has one of the plushest seats in the business. Whether rider or pillion, you will find the seat very and comfy. The ride quality also is geared towards comfort, and I like that. Far better than Activa/Aviator. My wife has clocked about 1500kms so far on ours, and is so far completely satisfied.
Old 20th July 2016, 17:39   #168
aLY
BHPian

I went to purchase a Honda Dio for my wife, inquired with two of the closest dealers and both of them were forcing me to buy Rs.6300 worth accessories. They were not ready to accept a booking without paying for the accessories. After a lot of discussions and arguments I had to agree for Rs.1800 worth of Accessories (Passenger Footrest, Side Stand and Handle Grip).

I would have been buying all the accessories, but the quality of them was substandard, especially the all-around crash guard, yuck!
Old 26th July 2016, 06:02   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
I went to purchase a Honda Dio for my wife, inquired with two of the closest dealers and both of them were forcing me to buy Rs.6300 worth accessories. They were not ready to accept a booking without paying for the accessories. After a lot of discussions and arguments I had to agree for Rs.1800 worth of Accessories (Passenger Footrest, Side Stand and Handle Grip).

I would have been buying all the accessories, but the quality of them was substandard, especially the all-around crash guard, yuck!

This epitomizes Honda and India for you, a country that goes blindly with brands and company that doesn't give a damn about customer service. The only way to make them change is to vote with our wallets
Old 26th July 2016, 08:31   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post

A couple of weeks ago I too was in a predicament as to which scooty. Honda, purely due to their indifferent attitude kept us from considering one of theirs.

We went for a Hero Maestro Edge and are quite happy with the choice. Good service, excellent vehicle and smooth process throughout. Cost us 64,000 OTR at Vizag.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2016, 12:33   #171
BANNED

I am planning to move away from my 9 year old honda dio for a brand new scooter. Here are my primary needs.

1. Decently strong body - At least partial usage of steel.
2. Good suspension that can absorb bad Bangalore roads.
3. Adequately powerful, handling and breaking.
4. Price below 70,000
5. Women-driver friendly

I am not looking at Honda due to their complex service appointment scheduling exercise and pathetic after sales service.

After reading detailed reviews about the new bikes i have shortlisted 2016 TVS Jupiter and 2016 Suzuki Access 125 since they closely fit my needs. Although, Access 125 is comparatively powerful, i wanted to understand which of these scooters have better suspension.

I am open for new vehicle suggestions that are relevant to my requirements.

Last edited by santhosh_lv : 20th September 2016 at 12:35.
Old 20th September 2016, 13:10   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
After reading detailed reviews about the new bikes i have shortlisted 2016 TVS Jupiter and 2016 Suzuki Access 125 since they closely fit my needs. Although, Access 125 is comparatively powerful, i wanted to understand which of these scooters have better suspension.
Both the scooters have good suspensions i.e telescopic fronts but spring loaded at the rear. I have ridden both the scooters and found the braking to be too spongy and jerky although the pickup in both cases are smooth and quick. If you are open to other brand, I would suggest hero Maestro (they are nothing but Honda Activa in disguise), TVS Wego (which I feel is very balanced and has good brakes), Yamaha Fascino or Ray (will suit a teen more).

But if you really are interested in buying it for ladies, then I suggest you check the following links as below:
http://www.rediff.com/getahead/repor...u/20140901.htm

http://www.speedmasti.com/bike-news/...dies-in-india/

http://bestbikes.in/top-10-best-scoo...n-india.html/4
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 10:40   #173
BANNED

My wife and I made our choice and bought a new TVS jupiter home last week (exchanged our used Honda Dio). Here are our other shortlisted and test-driven scooters and the reasons we haven't chose to buy them.

Activa 125 - Though it has an excellent ride quality and smoother engine matching/marginally better to TVS Jupiter, it was 7-8 thousand more expensive. Even if we were ready to spend that additional 8k, there was nothing worth we saw/required on Activa 125 that wasn't available on TVS Jupiter. Moreover, there are service centers are overly crowded everyday.

Suzuki Access 125 - With new 2016 retro looks, super quick motor under the hood and improved engine smoothness, we still couldn't find this beast smoother than TVS Jupiter. Bangalore doesn't have many Suzuki service centers and apparently known for their extremely poor service quality.

Yamaha Ray/Alpha - Weak fiber body like our previous Honda Dio, absence of 12 inch wheels like its competitors and handling not matching up with Activa 125 and TVS Jupiter.

Yamaha Fascino - Excellent driving position and rear seat position with comfort when compared to TVS Jupiter. However, engine refinement is no where close to Activa 125 and TVS Jupiter at low speeds below 50 kmph which is primarily required for city driving. Other corns include the absence of metal body, 12 inch wheels and softer suspension.

Mahindra Gusto - The vehicle looked overly dressed for everyday use. Didn't like the looks of it, hence didn't bother to test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
I am planning to move away from my 9 year old honda dio for a brand new scooter. Here are my primary needs.

1. Decently strong body - At least partial usage of steel.
2. Good suspension that can absorb bad Bangalore roads.
3. Adequately powerful, handling and breaking.
4. Price below 70,000
5. Women-driver friendly

I am not looking at Honda due to their complex service appointment scheduling exercise and pathetic after sales service.

I am open for new vehicle suggestions that are relevant to my requirements.
santhosh_lv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 13:56   #174

I am in a similar dilemma of choosing a scooter for myself. The choices have narrowed down to Activa 125, Access 125 and Jupiter. While I am slightly oriented towards Access 125, wanted to know if there are any deal breakers and also wanted to listen on the pros and cons which others have, based on their usage and driving.
P.S: I weigh on the heavier side and one of the priorities is balanced ride and comfort.
Old 9th January 2019, 15:28   #175
BHPian

I somehow couldn't find anything better than the new Suzuki Access 125. A punchy motor, great handling and dynamics, decent seat and good brakes (disc) besides, it's the lightest in the segment at about 104 kgs. It also returns about 40-45 kmpl

The TVS scooters ( Wego and Jupiter) definitely have a better suspension and ride quality but they lack engine power (not the Ntorq) and good brakes.

Honda was out as we have had an Activa with some issues before and their service is a sham. Besides, Honda neither has good suspension nor has a punchy engine.

Aprilia/ Vespa though having the best engine displacement-wise, have not so good service yet and reliability of these is questionable.

My new Access 125 has done about 15k kms now and I am really enjoying it. The new Ntorq seems like a good option too if you need a 2nd scooter.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 17:25   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentears View Post
I am in a similar dilemma of choosing a scooter for myself. The choices have narrowed down to Activa 125, Access 125 and Jupiter. While I am slightly oriented towards Access 125, wanted to know if there are any deal breakers and also wanted to listen on the pros and cons which others have, based on their usage and driving.
P.S: I weigh on the heavier side and one of the priorities is balanced ride and comfort.
My primary tool of commute is a Suzuki Access 125, that I have bought in August 2016, it has been serving me well, the odo reads 15k KMs now. In the last two and half years, there has been one issue where the speedometer went kaput, but the whole console was replaced under warranty, apart from this there hasn't been any major issue with the scooter.

I will try to list out the pros and cons of the scooters mentioned in your post:

Honda Activa 125
Pros:
1. Solidly built.
2. The engine has been here for a while and is proved to be a realiable unit.
3. Wide Honda AS$ network.
4. No nonsense every day practical scooter.
5. Telescopic front suspension.
6. Optional front Disc Brake.

Cons:
1. Isn't exactly a pretty scooter (Subjective though).
2. Weight (Has the similar PS and torque figures as the Suzuki Access 125 but weighs 7 KGs more, hence it doesn't feel as peppy as the Access).
3. Ride quality is not comparable to Jupiter or the Access 125.

Suzuki Access 125
Pros:
1. Excellent power to weight figures.
2. Spacious, be it the under seat storage or the seat itself, it has loads of space on offer and has one of the longest footboards in the segment.
3. The Engine, the old engine used to be the crown of the gem, and the new one is no less.
4. Ride quality, second best among the scooters on sale today, only behind TVS Jupiter.
5. Offers Disc brakes on front and has one of the best brakes on a scooter in the segment.
6. Light in weight, suits most of the riders.
6. Neo retro looks, neither boring nor overdone, and ages well.
7. Great balance for a scooter.
8. Pocket rocket ( in 0-60 KMPH speed range, loses oomph after that), someone did a comparo with Aprilia SR150 and the Access was head to head with SR150 up to 60 KMPH.

Cons:
1. Suzuki AS$ network isn't as wide as the Honda's or even the TVs's.
2. Seat Height of 773 mm, it will be difficult to place both legs on the floor for the shorter riders.
3. The new engine block isn't as torquey as the older one(But they have shaved some weight, so in real world the difference is not that much to notice).
4. Paint quality isn't that good.

TVS Jupiter
Pros:
1. Best is class ride quality, has the gas charged rear shocks, the new Grande edition offers adjustable rear shocks too.
2. No nonsense scooter with a great heart, the engine although not peppy as the Access's, is good enough for daily commutes.
3. Classic and Grande editions looks smashing and offers few goodies(Windscreen, adjustable shocks, great colour combos, digital meter consle and diamond cut alloys) too.
4. Wide AS$ network.
5. Most bang for bucks compared to Activa 125 and Access 125.

Cons:
1. Not peppy enough (at least compared to the 125 CC scooter in this comparison).
2. Vibrations in the higher rev band.

In short:
Access over Jupiter:
Has more power on tap, is more spacious, offers better brakes.

Jupiter over Access:
Offers better ride quality, Grande edition has more bells and whistles, fuel cap is easily accessible.

All these 3 are really good scooters, but if I were in your shoes it will be between Access 125 and Jupiter, the Honda loses out on ride quality. You can't go wrong with either the Suzuki or the TVS. FE figures are similar around 45 KMPL mark. Ride both of them back to back and decide.
tchsvy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 12:57   #177

Thanks @crankpin @ tchsvy for all your inputs and information, which helped me make a decision. I took delivery of the access 125 special edition black color on Feb 1st.
frozentears is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 15:06   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentears View Post
Thanks @crankpin @ tchsvy for all your inputs and information, which helped me make a decision. I took delivery of the access 125 special edition black color on Feb 1st.
Thats nice! Congrats on your new ride!
Old 4th February 2019, 17:03   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Thats nice! Congrats on your new ride!
Hi,
Looking for buying suzuki burgman for wifey ,any reviews on the same and what discounts are on offer considering sales are quiet low.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks