Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which gear less scooter would you buy ?
Honda Activa 56 31.82%
Honda Dio (New) 20 11.36%
Hero Maestro 6 3.41%
TVS Wego 38 21.59%
Suzuki Access 125 56 31.82%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 20:42   #106

Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

Well folks, I'd almost made up my mind for the Activa untill - I visited their showroom. First off they told me the waiting period is 180 days - and the smart sales guy tells me to contact outside dealers if I am in a hurry.
The price quoted was
OTR - 54,415 + Accesories 7025 = 61,440/- ( and I have to wait for 6 months even for a cash purchase)
Now I am looking at other options. Yamaha quoted me 65,675/- ( all inclusive)
Pl. note - prices as per the Navi Mumbai dealers
Old 6th November 2012, 21:20   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Roi est mort View Post
Well folks, I'd almost made up my mind for the Activa untill - I visited their showroom. First off they told me the waiting period is 180 days - and the smart sales guy tells me to contact outside dealers if I am in a hurry.
The price quoted was
OTR - 54,415 + Accesories 7025 = 61,440/- ( and I have to wait for 6 months even for a cash purchase)
Do test ride the Yamaha Ray before you make your final choice. If you are concerned that its positioned for the females and it may impact your male altar then do check out and test ride the following sccoters in the suggested order of priority to make your final choice - Vespa Lx125, Suzuki Access, Mahindra Rodeo RZ and the TVS WeGo.

Do let us know which scooter you shortlist and why.
Old 6th November 2012, 21:54   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The price quoted was
The activa is available off the shelf here. Think there is something fishy. Also, accessories is a rip off for 7k. Here, I consider 3k itself as a rip off, and they have quoted 7k to you? It consists of many unwanted things. I booked a dio and I did not take any accessories except a seat cover, side step and side stand, which is not a standard fitment
Old 6th November 2012, 23:50   #109

@ yikes - Thanks for the tips.
I did visit the Ray showroom, all doubts cleared - OTR price 55,675/- with a proposed delivery time of 6 days. The only fishy part was that they did not have a TD vehicle and the model in the showroom had no battery connected so could not check on any electronic functions. I have asked them to get a vehicle ready so I can validate the drive experience.
As far as the choices you've suggested -
  1. Vespa Lx125 - ruled out as its too pricey IMHO
  2. Suzuki Access - Havent got a TD on this one, besides isnt this like a 5ish year old may sound prude with this statement but methinks if there is something new available why not go for it ?
  3. Mahindra Rodeo RZ - Not too keen on this brand
  4. TVS WeGo - If not Ray then I will surely consider this one.
@ audioholic - Guess you're lucky you even have the option of getting it right off the shelf. No such luck here. I am being quoted some crazy prices 64k - 67k by other small dealers in Navi Mumbai with immediate delivery options. Sad to see this state of affairs and it is definetly making me NOT want to buy the Activa.
Old 7th November 2012, 16:21   #110
BHPian

Quote:
@ yikes - Thanks for the tips.
I did visit the Ray showroom, all doubts cleared - OTR price 55,675/- with a proposed delivery time of 6 days. The only fishy part was that they did not have a TD vehicle and the model in the showroom had no battery connected so could not check on any electronic functions. I have asked them to get a vehicle ready so I can validate the drive experience.
As far as the choices you've suggested -
  1. Vespa Lx125 - ruled out as its too pricey IMHO
  2. Suzuki Access - Havent got a TD on this one, besides isnt this like a 5ish year old may sound prude with this statement but methinks if there is something new available why not go for it ?
  3. Mahindra Rodeo RZ - Not too keen on this brand
  4. TVS WeGo - If not Ray then I will surely consider this one.
Before I shortlisted the Ray, I visited 4 different Yamaha dealers in Bangalore and all of them had a TD vehicle ready and offered me one right after I requested them for a test ride.

The scooters inside the showroom on display usually have the battery disconnected to prevent discharge of the batteries. Not happy to hear that the dealer you visited didn't have one ready for you right away.

I definitely agree to your views on each of the scooters above. The Ray is definitely a good choice if you do decide to go with it.
yikes6633 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 12:46   #111
BHPian

Given just 2 parameters :

1. Mileage (75% weightage on this)
2. To be shared by my wife as she does not drive (only reason why I am not opting for a bike)

Pls advise which would be the best choice in this scenario. Only for city use in Kolkata by me and within Salt Lake (a completely congestion free township of Kolkata) by her
Old 7th February 2013, 15:49   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoomdo View Post

2. To be shared by my wife as she does not drive (only reason why I am not opting for a bike)

Pls advise which would be the best choice in this scenario. Only for city use in Kolkata by me and within Salt Lake (a completely congestion free township of Kolkata) by her
If it is going to be a shared vehicle with your wife then it should be a Wego, it is lighter than the rest and TVS has got lots of dealers and they have good quality spares and also a decent after sales service.

On the other hand, no one can beat the quality of a Honda. You can probably ask your wife to take a TD of the Activa, if she is comfortable while driving it then take it right away.

It is one of the most successful moot-scooters till date in India.
snowmane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 23:09   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoomdo View Post

Do check out the Ray, it sure will delight you as far as your expectations and usage are concerned.
yikes6633 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:49   #114
BHPian

Guys,
Want a conformation regarding Suzuki Access 125 scooter. I presently have Honda Activa 2006 model and the main problem is its starting problems. Is Suzuki Access have any starting problems after say 5 years? Please confirm.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:58   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Guys,
Want a conformation regarding Suzuki Access 125 scooter. I presently have Honda Activa 2006 model and the main problem is its starting problems. Is Suzuki Access have any starting problems after say 5 years? Please confirm.
@ramki
Can you elaborate on the Activa starting problem? Is the manual kick an issue or the electric start? When do you get these starting problems, more info needed.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:08   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@ramki
Can you elaborate on the Activa starting problem? Is the manual kick an issue or the electric start? When do you get these starting problems, more info needed.
Starting problem issue is in both manual as well as on electric start. Just rectified temporarily the starting problem with my mechanic and he just adjusted a valve which he says is the problem and is wearing out. He also said that the latest gen Honda Activas(HET model) has rolling type valves and doesn't have this issue. Don't know whether he is lying or not

Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 2nd May 2013 at 11:19.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:58   #117
BHPian

Hi all,
I am looking for a scooter for my wifey which will be used by me or my dad occasionally. The main requirements are

1. Metal Body (at times will be parked at railway stations)
2. Telescopic Suspensions
3. Handlebar headlamps (somehow do not like the body mounted one's)
4. Broad seats (Me & mom are a bit on the heavier side)
5. Decent mileage (primarily used to ferry my angel to her school & back)
6. Disc Brakes (Optional)

pour in your suggestions and help me on my buying as I plan to book one by May 3rd week.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:12   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi all,
I am looking for a scooter for my wifey which will be used by me or my dad occasionally. The main requirements are

1. Metal Body (at times will be parked at railway stations)
2. Telescopic Suspensions
3. Handlebar headlamps (somehow do not like the body mounted one's)
4. Broad seats (Me & mom are a bit on the heavier side)
5. Decent mileage (primarily used to ferry my angel to her school & back)
6. Disc Brakes (Optional)

pour in your suggestions and help me on my buying as I plan to book one by May 3rd week.
Only one which satisfies ALL your requirements is Wego!
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:36   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Only one which satisfies ALL your requirements is Wego!
If in case I compromise on disc brakes does Access 125 stand a chance? Cos a friend of mine who owns a wego says the seats aren't that comfy cos of the exterior fueling lid. And by any chance do you know whether Access comes with tubeless tyres.
Old 3rd May 2013, 13:59   #120
BHPian

Wego is a great choice, I've had it for over a year and a half. Great handling and suspension, the chassis feels that it can handle a lot more power than the engine has. However, there are two very sore and one irritants with Wego
- I've had terrible starting trouble, especially if I leave it unused for a few days. Believe it or not, I once kicked it for almost 30 minutes before giving up, then I pushed it for 10 minutes to a mechanic, he gave one kick and it started, much to my embarrassment.
- TVS had fitted a very low quality battery, mine went kaput as soon as the warranty ran out. Apparently, on replacement, they put a bigger capacity one which requires a special clamp, which they did not have in stock. Why they would not put the bigger one in the first place is beyond me

The irritant for me is the small fuel tank, I can fill it for a max of 300 rupees at a time (around 4 lts). My daily running is around 50 km, so it requires refilling twice a week. Very irritating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks