Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2016, 17:55   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Hi,

I was just reading your posts on the stalling Issue. Is it resolved now ?

I had the exact same issue with my 2011 Wego. The scooter used to stall on slopes and on hard acceleration.

Exactly as you say, shell petrol used to solve the issue and other PSU bunk petrol brings back the problem.

I was able to get hold of a good mechanic who was able to fix it. The reason he mentioned was that the Card jet was clogged.

He changed the fuel pipe, cleaned the Card and it is all good. It is only a half-day job.

I got this done at Vishrantwadi, Pune.
Mine is not fixed. My scooter does not stall on hard acceleration though.
BTW: What is "card jet"?
Old 6th December 2016, 18:36   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Mine is not fixed. My scooter does not stall on hard acceleration though.
BTW: What is "card jet"?
Sorry it was typos everywhere. I meant the Carburetor or the Carb jet.

You can state the same to your trusted mechanic and try to get the Carb cleaned. It requires an expert hand.

I still did not understand the mystery with Shell Petrol and that the same Phenomenon happens to you as well. There is some magic in Shell Petrol.

Last edited by para_7k : 6th December 2016 at 18:37.
Old 18th May 2017, 10:59   #168
BHPian

No action in this thread since December !!!

I am facing a peculiar problem with my access 125 (2012).

Have recently changed the rear brake pads, while the vehicle is in motion there is very little bite and the lever stretches till it's max level. Strangely when the scooter is in stationery mode there is enough bite in the brakes, the moment it's in motion the problem starts again. My mechanic opened the drum and rubbed it with salt paper and the pads were also rubbed (don't know what the process is called) but the problem still continues.

The brake pads are original suzuki spare parts.

Can anyone advise what might be wrong ?
Old 18th May 2017, 23:15   #169
Senior - BHPian

Try bleeding the brake oil lines and topping up if needed
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 08:20   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Try bleeding the brake oil lines and topping up if needed
Sir a scooter uses cable set-up for the rear drum brakes, so the bleeding option is out of question. It could be simply that the brake pads that you installed were not of good quality. Try changing them with the OEM one. Also check the brake cable for any resistance, lubricating it will help.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 13:13   #171
eko
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Have recently changed the rear brake pads, while the vehicle is in motion there is very little bite and the lever stretches till it's max level.
You have mentioned that the lever stretches till max. Your brake cable could be stretching. When force is applied on cables they should transmit the force rather than stretch. The cable application is as follows. You press the lever. A resistance is felt at the end of cable play. If you press further then the lever should not move further, more than ,say 3 mm. If the movement is more ,then your cable is defective and is stretching. Try changing your cable assembly.

Last edited by bblost : 19th May 2017 at 13:18. Reason: fixed quote
eko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 09:37   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

A few updates on my 5.5 year old Suzuki Access which has done 15000kms to date.

1.Speedo cable assembly changed twice by myself - first at 3000km and the second at 14700km.

Reason :the cable routing has a bad bend by design and both times, I found the Speedo inner cable had sheared off just at this bend.

Used Suprajit brand cables -good quality.

2.The air filter intake bellow was found cut just at the lower bend(like what S.U.N had reported). I've temporarily fixed that using tape and have refixed the same hose back.

3.Changed the air filter once at 8000kms, and cleaned the air filter every 2000kms.

I can change air filters for 20 cars in the time that it takes to open and refit this one filter - six screws holding the air filter box and four screws to hold the air filter in position.Phew !!!!

4.Rear brake cable travel is high but brakes still have the bite ; so just monitoring.

5.Had my second puncture in the rear wheel a few days ago, and then found that the tyre tread had only approx 2000km left.

I decided to change the tyre and put in Michelin City Pro for Rs.1350.

Tubeless was also available but my scooter's rim mouth was a little corroded, so decided to use tube type.

Used the opportunity to fill Nitrogen.The hard bumps have disappeared.

6.Changed the spark plug at 14000km just as a preventive.Bajaj Boxer plug is of the same spec.Do not deviate from the Suzuki recommended plug.

7.Ignition Lockset was replaced once after the torrential rains in Dec2015 - that was because the key shutter wasn't closed and water went in.The lockset cost us 800 bucks.

8.The most difficult task in this scooter is to remove/refix the carburetor.Two O rings have to be replaced and wrong refitment can damage the orings and cause the rpm to misbehave.

Since I have no faith in the "authorised" service, I prefer to either do jobs myself or go to my trusted local mechanic(who isn't top of the pops with skill but is extremely honest).
Old 26th June 2017, 09:53   #173

Hi Guys. I've just purchased a second-hand Suzuki Access. Its a 2011 model. When I checked it out from the seller it seemed to be ok but when i brought it home it started giving off a lot of white smoke. Took it to an FNG and the guy told me that the "engine is gone" and that it was a "big work" and to take it into the Suzuki authorized service center.

Took it to another FNG today which seemed to be an Activa centric shop -- mechanic I spoke to had a Honda logo on his overalls. So the mechanic there gave me a long spiel about how the access engine was a "failure" and that it had lots of complaints. Also that it was a difficult engine to service and maintain and that the activa was simple and easy to fix. This, of course, might have been his inherent bias, being a Honda shop.

Anyway, long story short, he gave me a estimate of 8k for the engine work -- said he had to bring the engine "down" -- 'down karna padtha saab' -- rebore and reset the piston.

He also left me with a sense disquiet about the scooter and its merits. Is there any merit to said mechanics anti-access thesis? Also, can anyone in this august forum recommend a good Suzuki Access mechanic in Hyderabad -- preferably in the Madhapur / Jubilee Hills / Yousufguda area. Thanks!
Old 26th June 2017, 22:00   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongura View Post
Hi Guys. I've just purchased a second-hand Suzuki Access. Its a 2011 model. When I checked it out from the seller it seemed to be ok but when i brought it home it started giving off a lot of white smoke.
How much has the scooter clocked on the odo?
Old 26th June 2017, 22:09   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
How much has the scooter clocked on the odo?

The odometer shows 32,000 km.
Old 1st August 2017, 13:22   #176
Senior - BHPian

My access is almost 6 years old now, but has done around 12000 kms only. I get it sserviced once a year at the SASS and change the engine oil at shell every six months.

Off late, I have found that the scooter struggles to start in the mornings. It starts and idles erratically for a few seconds and then dies with a 'kat' sound. then it refuses to start with the self, I can hear the motor running, but the vehicle doesn't start. the battery is relatively new and I don't think that is the issue. the spark plug hasn't been changed yet. Once the engine is hot, the subsequent starts never have an issue and start with half a crank. What could be the issue?
Old 1st August 2017, 20:29   #177
eko
BHPian

Looks like the choke is not working. Check the choke circuit and the pilot fuel circuit.
Old 7th January 2018, 18:04   #178

Dear i have been trying to change the gear oil of Suzuki Access 125 2013 and the dealer service center says its life time. Whos life? A butterfly?

So annoyed. I took it to another service center, same result.. can anyone let me know where can i download a manual to do the gear oil change? Or a detailed procedure?

I got a mechanic who says the bike has to be laid to the ground and then do the gear oil change. Nobody wants to work on the suzuki. Terrible.

Please let me know if anybody can assist.

Please.
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:55   #179
BHPian

The air filter in my access gets clogged every fifteen days. As a result the power is compromised along with the ride quality. Adding to this my brake pads also need adjustment every month. I use the scooter for daily commuter and on a week i clock close to 300 KM. The brake drum was changed few months back along with the cable and the shoes but I hate this manual adjustments every time.

The air chamber (rubber time hose pipe) was also changed two years back. Is this the case with fellow owners ? I don't think the activa or jupiter ha this issue. This is taking on my nerves now.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 09:59   #180

I recently bought an Access 125 2013 for 23k.. And then it turned out i was duped.. i had to change the whole clutch parts, rollers, belt.. then came the front fork.. i changed the fork oil, oil seals and spring.. it had gained good power.. but there is an initial jerk at acceleration.. what could that be? Also the damping effect of shocks aint that good.. what should have been the level of oil in the front shock absorbers? And how do i cure this jerk.. i showed it to a mechanic and he says overhaul your engine.. it already costed me 23k for bike 3.5 for clutch.. 1900 registration.. 1100 for fork.. brake bulb.. luggage hook.. center rubber.. Oh yes i replaced the front wheel bearings too.. should i replace the rear wheel bearing? Can any body give me the size of them? So i bring it before i take a sample.. I have only bought original suzuki spares..

Let me know..

Regards..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks