Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2018, 09:02   #211
BHPian

Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
So can you please share the contact number?
Not sure what contact number you are referring to. Sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did you feel any difference post gear oil change?
Unable to make any difference as of now. Not sure whether I need to get the gear section inspected by the ASC/FNG. Hope no damage has been done.
Old 12th June 2019, 12:44   #212
BHPian

I wanted to avoid visiting suzuki service center as they do not use Motul. Mine is May 2019 model , covered 600 kms in 2 weeks.

I took my access to local mechanic for an oil change. As per him the latest ones do not have oil filter. We replaced the oil and even the cap did not have spring. I simply ordered a filter online.
Old 14th September 2019, 16:50   #213
Senior - BHPian

Whats the engine oil quantity to put 2014 on access 125. Also is it same grade oil for gear and what's the quantity
Old 10th October 2019, 23:50   #214
BHPian

Can anyone suggest me a good headlight upgrade, struggling big time with the stock set up.
I'm running a 2015 model Access, currently Odo is at 22,250 km.
Still does 80+ speeds without breaking a sweat, vibration free and give 35-40 kmph mileage.
Though I'm bit apprehensive about the local FNG guys sometimes, got it serviced with them only recently.
Prior to that Suzuki guys just screwed it and I was really pissed off with the kind of job they do. Besides that they always bill me around 1100 - 1400 Rs, which I think is bit steep. However,I always got the extras ticked off from the list, still they have a habit of adding some extras and at the end bill me for the same.
Having used Activa as well, I feel Suzuki engine smoothness is way ahead.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 08:27   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeking a solution from two wheeler tech experts.

I have a 2013 Suzuki Access that has done 27k kms. The scooter is a dream to cruise on smooth tarmac but its suspension doesn't work well at all on bad roads.

I have observed a weird problem this winter. The changeover from the idle jet to the main jet isn't seamless. Otherwise, once warmed up, it runs great after one moves past this transition zone.

This always used to be an issue at cold start in winter but used to be fine after the engine would get warm. The scooter has always been serviced at the same reputed FNG but this time I observed that the technician could not rectify this issue despite battling with it for 2 days and instead declared the carb "weak". How can a carb suddenly become weak?

What I have done and what help I seek from the experts:

1. I opened the air filter box to check and found that the air filter was mounted on only one screw instead of 4, and so thought that this unsteady firing was because of air short-circuiting the filter; installed the air filter properly and the air filter box cover too, readjusted the air screw for a perfect idle and perfect changeover from idle to main, but the problem resurfaced after a day.

2. Could the airscrew be the problem (the mixture not being perfectly adjusted)?

3. As always, I use the choke for a cold start, allow the engine to run for 2-3 minutes before setting off. But even after this, when I twist the throttle, the kink is there. In fact the kink is more pronounced at cold but is there even when the engine is warm. Once the engine revs a little higher, it is stable.

4. I don't suspect an electrical issue else the running at 30-50kmph should also not be good. Correct?

Kindly help with what I could do myself to solve it as I don't want to go to that FNG for this again.
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 11:13   #216
BHPian

Have you checked the spark plug and its tip color. in my opinion that would tell you a lot about whats happening.

Put in a new plug, you can pick up a platinum ngk plug for cheap from your nearby store or via flybhp.
I would check the spark plug color and then decide accordingly.I also have a 2012 access, but i don't need to use the choke for cold start till date. starts in a single fire.
If that dosen't solve your issue then get the carb cleaned properly and replace the idle screw along with any o rings etc. Another point to ponder is to check if there is any air leak at the manifold o ring. This can be checked by spraying WD-40 and paying attention to any change in rpm.
Old 9th February 2021, 22:52   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The changeover from the idle jet to the main jet isn't seamless.

2. Could the airscrew be the problem (the mixture not being perfectly adjusted)?
Took the scooter to another FNG. I suspected the A/F ratio to be improper and it turned out that the pointed part of the air screw had broken off and remained stuck inside the port as shown.
My 5 year old Suzuki Access-20210207_103304.jpg

Despite best efforts, the broken part couldn't be removed and hence the carburetor had to be replaced. The moron who worked on this scooter till recently must have tightened the airscrew before loosening it for tuning, and the tightening would have caused the pointed end of the airscrew to break and remain stuck in the port.
vigsom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 12:34   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The moron who worked on this scooter till recently must have tightened the airscrew before loosening it for tuning, and the tightening would have caused the pointed end of the airscrew to break and remain stuck in the port.
This is just plain sad, a reusable part put to waste due to sheer carelessness.

My suggestion is to never let anyone mess with your carb irrespective of motorcycle. Fortunately the carb is cheap on the Access if it were one of those CV Keihins then you'd have got the shock of your life seeing its price.

When closing the AFR screw, always be gentle and use only finger-tip strength.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:16   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Premium Amount: 2817.00
Duration: 3 years (Aug 2018 to Aug 2021)
IDV: 18618.00
Renewed the insurance from Acko for my Suzuki Access 125 earlier this month. Again opted for the 3 year term. Below are the details.

Premium Amount: 4010.00
Duration: 3 years (Aug 2021 to Aug 2024)
IDV: 17687.00

3 year policies are best when you have no plans to sell the vehicle. Also got the PUC done which is valid for 1 year. The PUC centre guy told me that Telangana government changed the duration from 6 months to 1 year around July 2021. They should have done this long back. I think other states already had 1 year validity for PUC since many months/years.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:09   #220
BHPian

Do anyone have the Suzuki Access BS 3 user manual?

I recently bought a used one, Dec 2015 manufactured.

Thanks.
Old 29th October 2022, 09:19   #221
BHPian

I have a suzuki access 2015 model , the old tyres have become hard and i am planning to change the same. Can i go for Ceat Gripp X3 for both rear and front or need to look at a different tyre. Also is the 90/100 10 Tubeless 53 J the right size for both rear and front.

Do not drive the scooter much these days, have done around 17,000 kms till now.
Please share your inputs.
Old 29th October 2022, 19:14   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Can i go for Ceat Gripp X3 for both rear and front or need to look at a different tyre.
Ceat tyres are good. Go for them. I have been using them on my Access for the last 3 years. Ensure to inflate them as per the owner's manual for good grip and comfort.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 10:44   #223
Senior - BHPian

Slightly Off-topic question. Can someone confirm if the LED headlight that comes with the new Access 125 is a plug and play fit for the just previous Access that came with the same shape halogen headlight. If yes, what is the cost of the LED unit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks