Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 18:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 5 year old Suzuki Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post

Just out of curiosity to check the best fuel economy that the engine can give, I did a 250 ml test on the scooter. Was amazed to note that it ran for 22 kms!! That translates to 22 x 4 = 66 kmpl!!

Rahul Waghmare.
Mathematical error, saar. It should be 88 kmpl

By the way, this is a very comprehensive review. I've got two Accesses at home and agree with the review. One thing that puts me off the most is the position of the bag hook. Can't hang anything onto it.Only the guy who designed it needs to be hanged.
Old 9th October 2012, 21:21   #17
Pal
BHPian

1st up-I didn't know there wasn't a word limit for posts here! but hey despite that, your write was such an ease to read! Good going mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
In fact the vibrations appeared to reduce with increasing speed. No vibes even at close to top speed. I fell it love with the scoot all over again and gave her a complete wash/wax, new spark-plug, all oils change, lubrication at vital points - 3 months and 900 km ahead of due date.
The vibrations one feels at certain specific speeds only, and not otherwise, are not simple vibrations, but actually resonance.

At lower or higher speeds than say that spot in engine RPM range, these vibrations in body panels will not be felt. (My XCD 135 gives me a 'free massage' at an exact 66kph @ a shade below 7000rpm, 5th gear)

So, to avoid ankles aches at the bottom and migraines at the top, keep off your scoot's 'resonant' speed.
Old 10th October 2012, 04:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Was amazed to note that it ran for 22 kms!! That translates to 22 x 4 = 66 kmpl!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Mathematical error, saar. It should be 88 kmpl.
Thanks for correcting me vnabhi saar! Had a hectic day at office and this is what happens when you type a post at 3:45 in the morning! I had a good laugh looking at my own error! The mileage I mentioned is right i.e. 66 kmpl, but my post should have been 16.5 x 4 = 66 kmpl. No idea how I ended up typing 22!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
One thing that puts me off the most is the position of the bag hook. Can't hang anything onto it.Only the guy who designed it needs to be hanged.
Old 31st October 2012, 14:22   #19
BHPian

isiv, scarlet_rider,

I noticed that in my Suzuki Access the luggage compartment under the seat becomes very hot. To the extent that if I keep butter, it will surely melt away.
During service, mechanic informed that as the engine is below the luggage compartment it becomes hot and there is nothing to worry about.
I am surprised why they did not provide any kind of insulation.
Have you people also noticed the same? Any solution?
Old 31st October 2012, 16:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
the luggage compartment under the seat becomes very hot. I am surprised why they did not provide any kind of insulation.
Thats the case with almost all scooters, I dont think so with Insulation the heat can be limited. However I have tried placing cloth, small thermocol sheet, sponges but nothing has worked till date. The under storage area always remains hot, the only alternative is to park it in cool area.
Old 1st November 2012, 03:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I noticed that in my Suzuki Access the luggage compartment under the seat becomes very hot.
As mentioned by ghodlur in the previous post, it is normal for the luggage compartment to get hot. When the vehicle is in motion, it is not that hot as there is some sort of air flow. But once you park the vehicle, it becomes more hotter due to the engine heat. With all companies in cost cutting mode, one cannot expect heat insulation for a luggage compartment in a scooter. Only solution is: Avoid keeping stuff like butter in the luggage compartment for a long time!!
Old 1st November 2012, 06:34   #22
BHPian

Thanks Ghodlur and Scarlet_Rider for your inputs. Previously I had TVS Scooty ES and never faced such issues. I tried keeping cloth for insulation, but even that does not help as mentioned by Ghodlur too.
Old 29th November 2012, 15:02   #23
BHPian

@ISIV Great Write Up ISIV.
I recently bought a access on 15,August 2012 (Yes coincidentally my daughters birthday- Indpendence day.
Just within 3 months, the battery has flattened out
Jain's suzuki, Chennai have sent it for a warranty claim. Hopefully its thru (still to get it).
Adding points to the above TBHPian's
1. Regarding Suzuki sales and service person's indifferent attitude they carry towards customers is unfortunately still prevelant.
2. My kid's pedal bike has a better bite than access ones. The power to decelerate is not enough to reduce momentum adequately if you are doing above 70 kmph, you are on your own once you cross those speed. even rajnikanth cannot save you (mind it)!!!
3. I regularly do 80+ and occasionally 90+ (till date 95) with downhill to assist compared with the speedo readings with other bikes of different category.Engine is a GEM.
4. I get a 39 Kmpl with ride 44kms everyday in mixed conditions of highway and city.
5. Last but never the least, the stock rear tyre known for its naughtiness, might loss grip even in good surface braking in speeds above 70 kph & emergency braking. (Read you slip and drift if you are good enough to make it drift)

My cryouts for other TBHpians please help me:

1. I want headlamp upgrade desperately. I travel home late in the night. LED afer market or HELA If some one has tried pls guide.

2. I'm irritated with EXIDE Battery I need upgrade for it too. Suggest me a good one price does not bother me much

3. I'm planning to install a pulsar double horn to shove away the drunken morons on road either pedestrains or fellow riders.

4. Brake Upgrades too if any one has found a suitable aftermarket one.

Previously owned Honda DIO 2009, Yamaha RX-135 5-speed 2003 & 4-Speed 1999, TVS Victor GL, Pulsar 220
Old 29th November 2012, 17:12   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post

I recently bought a access on 15,August 2012Just within 3 months, the battery has flattened out

My cryouts for other TBHpians please help me:

1. I want headlamp upgrade desperately. I travel home late in the night. LED afer market or HELA If some one has tried pls guide.

2. I'm irritated with EXIDE Battery I need upgrade for it too. Suggest me a good one price does not bother me much

3. I'm planning to install a pulsar double horn to shove away the drunken morons on road either pedestrains or fellow riders.

4. Brake Upgrades too if any one has found a suitable aftermarket one.

@Jhenu,

3 months an a battery flat? Do you the electric start even in cold starts or the first start of the day?

Check if the alternator is working as it should or not?

1) AFAIK the Access has 35/35W headlamp in stock. You can try 60/55W Osram Night breaker costing Rs. 1000. It is a plug and play without the need of relays. I have fitted it on my Karizma and my Car and YES, there is a difference since you too drive at nights.

2) Try going for Amaron. It is better and has a good life.

3) Roots VibroMini. A pair roughly costs about Rs. 500, present market rate i have no idea but this is what i have in my Karizma too.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 17:53   #25
BHPian

I've been a bit busy both at work and home hence could not respond earlier, sorry about that.

@simhi
I believe the underseat heating up is a problem with all Accesses. I've seen vehicles fitted with a box in front (just below the ignition key to full body width). Getting one like should help. Personally, I wouldn't want one because I need the space for my fat legs...

@jhenu
Surprised that your battery kicked the bucket that early. Your 44km of daily drive should IMO be more than adequate to keep it fully charged. If you're buying one yourself outside of the warranty, you might want to take a look at Amaron maintenance free.

The electrical upgrades you have in mind will definitely make for a better experience, but I doubt it will be simple. Directly fitting a 60/55 will not improve things because the Access uses a/c for the headlamp. This could work in a vehicle with full d/c electricals though. Instead, I suggest you look at an external aftermarket spot light kind of thing of equal or marginally higher wattage than the existing setup.

Try to stay below 60 AFAP just to stay within the limits of the stopping power available on tap. As regards to the brake upgrade, I've no idea and I'd like to hear from anyone who has done it.
isiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 17:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
@Jhenu,

3 months an a battery flat? Do you the electric start even in cold starts or the first start of the day?
I had accident in right leg with 3 broken bones and ligament tear after an road racing went wrong in my RX. I cannot kick the bike any time. Only self start

Quote:
Check if the alternator is working as it should or not?
Double checked with my mechanic and service centre alternator and self start both in perfect condition

Quote:
1) AFAIK the Access has 35/35W headlamp in stock. You can try 60/55W Osram Night breaker costing Rs. 1000. It is a plug and play without the need of relays. I have fitted it on my Karizma and my Car and YES, there is a difference since you too drive at nights.
Thanks Anurag, Just a simple question as ISIV mentioned the electrical system in access 125 is AC can it be fitted without any modifications ???
Can the electrical harness and system withstand current Load and stress caused because of higher rating bulb??? any guidance pls

Quote:
2) Try going for Amaron. It is better and has a good life.
Im getting a warranty replacement so will buy that if my new battery dies soon (Hope it does not happen)

Quote:
3) Roots VibroMini. A pair roughly costs about Rs. 500, present market rate i have no idea but this is what i have in my Karizma too.
Anurag.
Reply to 3)
Will check in pudupet and let u know buddy the price
but I happen to speak to my mechanic he said he can install a double horn with relay and i will update how it goes.

@isiv
Thanks for reply bro!
It was not issue with alternator. it is a problem with battery (8 batteries warranty claims happened on the same day when I went to SASS). Confirmed with local mech and SASS also.
Will post clicks of the modifications this weekend

Last edited by manson : 30th November 2012 at 18:39. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
I'm irritated with EXIDE Battery I need upgrade for it too. Suggest me a good one price does not bother me much.
You are not the only one irritated with Exide batteries! Check this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...oes-again.html

Best option would be to go for Amaron. I have a 2007 Bajaj Discover 135cc that came with Exide Freedom. When it conked off after 3 years of service, I switched to Amaron since both our cars have Amaron and they give atleast 5 years of service. The Exide battery that came with our 2009 Suzuki Access suddenly died out 3 weeks back. Although the electrolyte level check and charging (whenever required) was done regularly, it just died out without showing the usual signs. Recharging it is of no use. Will be replacing it with Amaron next week.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:15   #28
BANNED

Quote:
I have a 2007 Bajaj Discover 135cc that came with Exide Freedom. When it conked off after 3 years of service, I switched to Amaron since both our cars have Amaron and they give atleast 5 years of service. The Exide battery that came with our 2009 Suzuki Access suddenly died out 3 weeks back. Although the electrolyte level check and charging (whenever required) was done regularly, it just died out without showing the usual signs. Recharging it is of no use.
Exide are a problem in any vehicle they are made for. I don't know what the R&D team is doing in spite so many complaints.

Exide Batteries are to be exiled

Amaron MF are a good choice, the oone where you don't need to keep adding distilled water. Try getting those. Is yours 5Ah or 7Ah?

Anurag.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Is yours 5Ah or 7Ah?
The Amaron that I have on my Discover 135cc is rated 5 Ah. The battery type is ABR-PR-12APBTX50. (Will be changing the one on my Access next week.) The battery compartment on the Discover is just enough to fit a 5 Ah battery. Not sure if 7 Ah is available or not but 9 Ah is available which is used on bikes like the Avenger. The same battery type i.e. ABR-PR-12APBTX50 is suitable for the Access 125 as per the Amaron webiste.

Link : http://www.amaron.in/choosebattery.php

Quote:
Exide Batteries are to be exiled.
100% right!

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:59   #30
BHPian

@Scarlet_Rider
no Escape from Exide.
Got New exide battery as a warranty replacement.
Have to live with it.

Going for following modifications:
Replacing the Halogen Head Lamp with Philips Bluevision Moto cost Rs.230 (HS1 Conenctor Type) Xenon LIKE ouput direct fitting no mods required.

Double Horn (Access 125) OEM part with cut off and relays.

Planned Upgrade:
Auxillary LED FOG Light like this
http://www.ebay.in/itm/261122578632?...84.m1438.l2649

Any suggestions welcome.

Requet to Moderators:
I'm not advertising the product. Just seeking guidance from seniors. If required please remove link. no issues at all

Note from Mod : ONLY 2 smileys per post please

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd December 2012 at 17:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks