Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2016, 23:06   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Dio was a hit because of its sporty looks.
RayZ worked for Yamaha for the same reason.
And I've no doubts this will be a hit because it not just looks sporty, but has some power to back it up too.

And the price is amazing too. Add to that, the brand image and they've got a winner here.

VW have got Beetle for eye candy and Polo as a volumes car.
Although not same, buy this can be similar for Piaggio and give them volumes While Vespa remains eye candy stuff.

Already I'm looking forward to this in case I want to replace my wife's Vespa S125 or buy one for myself.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 09:06   #32
BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Piaggio is all set to launch the Aprilia SR 150 in India at an introductory price of INR 65,000 (On road, Pune) in August 2016.

SR 150 has been developed in Italy and will be manufactured at Baramati plant in Maharashtra. The scooter comes with a 150 cc, 4 stroke light weight engine and 14' wheels with five spokes that reflects the sporty character of Aprilia brand.

Bookings are expected to commence very shortly.

Source
Old 19th July 2016, 10:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
This bike in my opinion is well priced, I was expecting it to be in the range of ₹.80,000 - ₹.1,00,000 but design of this bike so unimpressive and boring, looks like the previous gen. Honda Dio. If it can impress with it's performance and ride quality then the god-awful design can be overlooked I guess.
Woa mate, you find the design boring!!

Agree Dio was a looker and still looks good. However, it screams a typical scooter with those spartan front suspension and tiny wheels. SR 150 brings a new meaning to the word 'motoscooter' and the design will be its biggest strength, in my honest opinion!
Old 19th July 2016, 15:05   #34
BHPian

On Road, Pune Rs. 65,000 !!
Yesterday, when I read the news, I thought it was ex-showroom price and still found it lucrative enough.
This is an earth-shaking price tag for a 150 cc scooter which produces 11.4 bhp.
With its compact construction and light weight, SR 150 could surely prove to be the first true entry-level performance scooter.
Yes, I agree that scooter has none of the fancy features but it is technically well-equipped offering.

Just for your reference, Honda Activa, TVS Wego, Honda Maestro Edge (all powered by 110 cc engine) cost close to Rs. 65,000.

Vespa, with the same engine, starts upwards of Rs. 90,000.

If sold and serviced through existing Vespa network, I see this scooter as a winner from Piaggio.
Old 19th July 2016, 16:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing. Now Aprilla needs to strengthen their backend, Rs. 65000 is super pricing and units will disappear faster than they appear. Good days ahead for teh customers and the competition gets tougher for the Activas and Jupiters!!
Old 19th July 2016, 17:04   #36
BHPian

Well I am not sure many sports enthusiasts buy scooters which is a symbol of practical utility. For a moment let's replace Aprilla brand with Mahindra and ask authors to rewrite comments, I am sure it will go like- "Mix and match", "Looks more like sad cousin of scooty", "previous gen Kinetic Honda was more exciting to look", "Sad and uninspiring design, "what were the designers thinking".

For me I see good rubber and 11.5 BHP which is good for a scooter but story ends here. Honda which sells 1lakh+ copies every month will be unfazed. Other scooter brands with wider seats and less price shouldn't be impacted either.

But yes if one Aprilla I can afford this would be it, but will I? No
Passiautonate is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 13:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sad that I didnt wait for this though the pricing is awesome. I bought a Jupiter 3 weeks back for Rs 64000 OTR Bangalore. Compared to that the cost of SR150 is very very good. However, though the looks are really striking it looks like a big brother of the electric scooters in my opinion.
Old 20th July 2016, 14:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

I think economic times has some misprint. The price seems to be ex-showroom, as no company reports on road price of any vehicle, as it differs vastly from state to state.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 22:15   #39
BHPian

Beauty lies in the eyes of the watcher, one man's beauty is another man's monstrosity and either way it doesn't mean that only one person has good taste.

When one hears the name Aprilia, you expect to feast your ocular senses on some head-turning, brow-raising machines which even the Gods would be jealous of but this stylistically disastrous scooter is a full-on assault on it. I understand the budget aspect but this design language seems to be from the bygone era of Scooty'esque looking machines, not that they were any less ghastly. The oddly hiked-up front, the anemically faired, gut revealing sides and the entire handle cowl which looks like the head of a Mantis not only makes this scooter lazily designed but also makes it unworthy of strutting in the name of Aprilia.

Would I still buy it ? Absolutely if things work out. As a matter of fact I'm on the lookout for a new scooter and I might buy the SR 150 because I feel that the many good things (better tires, engine, feels VFM, awesome brand, might have better ride quality, etc) fully trumps its one bad quality which is it's design, which is something I can surely live with.

Last edited by tjacob : 20th July 2016 at 22:28.
Old 21st July 2016, 10:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Im not sure if 65000 is On Road price in Pune. Piaggio Motoplex dealer in Hyderabad quoted 65000 as ex-showroom price and shared the below photos on the Whatsapp group.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-1.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-2.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-3.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-4.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-5.jpg  

hillram is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 10:52   #41
BANNED

This one will look lot better without those ugly rear view mirrors.
I kind like the overall design, little different but lovely.

I am surely going to by one.
@hillram thanks for the pic.
Old 21st July 2016, 11:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Chrome rear view mirrors appear to be picked up from Vespa! For such an angular design, the round RVMs seem a bit odd.
Old 21st July 2016, 18:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

This one will be only as successful as the Vespa. 65000 INR is definitely not the on-road price.

People looking out for scooters can be divided into two categories:
1. Those who want a no-nonsense scooter which can work at all times with the ability to fit a sack of grains or a cooking cylinder in the empty area of the floor board. A scooter which can be serviced at a local garage without a hole in the pocket

2. College going kids or people who prefer style over everything else and usually have the money to spend.

Category one people are almost 90% of the total.

I personally wont think of spending 70+k on this scooter if it is not a good handler. The only expensive scooter I liked was the Kinetic Blaze.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 19:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

I'm holding on to my 10 year old Kinetic Blaze looking for an upgrade in equivalent terms. The SR 150 is no maxi-scooter, but is the only one I see as attractive with a power train to match. There's been no official announcements yet from Yamaha and Honda regarding similar offerings.

Enquiry made to Kian Motors (Panvel) Vespa dealer revealed that the dealership expects display models from 2nd half of August. On the pricing front, the sales guy remarked 'they have for now announced the pricing as 65000 ex - showroom Pune' as if he's not sure about this figure and does not want to be quoted
Old 25th July 2016, 10:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I'm holding on to my 10 year old Kinetic Blaze looking for an upgrade in equivalent terms. The SR 150 is no maxi-scooter, but is the only one I see as attractive with a power train to match. There's been no official announcements yet from Yamaha and Honda regarding similar offerings.

Enquiry made to Kian Motors (Panvel) Vespa dealer revealed that the dealership expects display models from 2nd half of August. On the pricing front, the sales guy remarked 'they have for now announced the pricing as 65000 ex - showroom Pune' as if he's not sure about this figure and does not want to be quoted
Isn't Benelli coming up with a maxi scooter, Zion 150?
jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks