Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 14:56   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Just had a test ride of the SR 150.

Nice product for the introductory price of 65000 INR.

However, all dealers are pulling a scam, I was shocked when the Coimbatore dealer told me ex-showroom price is 69.5k and on road is 79300 INR.

I probed further and he did not have a valid explanation for this bloadted price, and I learnt that he has added dealer margin of 3000, handling charges of 400, etc and brought the ex showroom price to 69xxx INR.

Now who adds dealer margin to the ex-showroom price?

I was also given reasons like the difference is because 65k INR is ex showroom only for Pune, not for this city, and then, 65k is introductory price only, we will bill only for the price which we have during delivery etc. I was amused.

Said thank you and walked away. Going to escalate to Aprilia regarding the same. This is ridiculous to say the least.

Also, there is no USB port charger, looks like it would be an accessory.

The alloys are made in China, the mirrors from Fiem, the switchgear was livable with. The engine was a bit noisy like more of tappet noise, but this is because of the 3 valve configuration am told.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 16:40   #122
BHPian

So I may as well cancel my booking made through paytm. First of all the ex-showroom price is still not clear, but it is being quoted as 69000 now at Bangalore (6% more than the advertised price). Still with road tax and insurance it adds up to 80000. But the on-road quoted is 83000. No explanation for the higher ex-showroom and the extra money for the on-road price.
The aprilia toll free number keeps saying that the executives are busy even after 10 minutes into the call. So i cannot confirm what is the exact ex-showroom price or to register a complaint. Why does it take so long to have the ex-showrrom prices released. At this speed by the time vehicles are ready for delivery, it would be festive season and the ex-showroom price will be raised again.

Last edited by neon_daytona : 25th August 2016 at 16:41.
neon_daytona is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 17:51   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
So I may as well cancel my booking made through paytm. First of all the ex-showroom price is still not clear, but it is being quoted as 69000 now at Bangalore (6% more than the advertised price). Still with road tax and insurance it adds up to 80000. But the on-road quoted is 83000. No explanation for the higher ex-showroom and the extra money for the on-road price.
The aprilia toll free number keeps saying that the executives are busy even after 10 minutes into the call. So i cannot confirm what is the exact ex-showroom price or to register a complaint. Why does it take so long to have the ex-showrrom prices released. At this speed by the time vehicles are ready for delivery, it would be festive season and the ex-showroom price will be raised again.
Same frustration here as well. And I believe the PayTM bookings cannot be cancelled.

But hold on, let's get this sorted. I spoke to Motoplex Pune and they confirmed that the ex showroom price is 65000 INR only!

It is the dealers in our region who are taking us for a ride.

Ex showroom price already includes dealer margin as well, but the pathetic Vespa dealer here in my region, adds dealer margin and handling charges to the ex showroom price of 65k and brings the new ex showroom price to 69.5k.

This is nothing short of a scam, I have already dropped emails to Aprilia and Motoplex regarding the same.

I will update of any progress in this regard.
Old 25th August 2016, 17:54   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a test ride of the SR150 today afternoon.
Observations from my side:
  • Engine is Powerful-It can easily pull and it picks up speeds real quickly
  • Brakes are just amazing, tyres also grippy. from a reasonably high speed to stop, the vehicle just stopped with ease! no problems whatsoever.
  • Looks are amazing, I just fell for the black one. That's how a race themed vehicle must look like.
  • Exhaust note is not very good. Vespa S125 and S150's exhaust note was good. This feels like the engine is strained(although it is not). For me Nano is the benchmark for bad exhaust note in cars and Duke in motorbikes. this is for scooters IMO.
  • My cousin who is 5'3" in height found the vehicle tall an couldn't place the feet completely on the ground
  • The vehicle is very slim!
  • As expected, the suspension is hard and we can feel all the surface undulations of city roads. But I felt its not that we get any shoulder pain because of that.
  • The large tyres are nice but people who are used to weaving their scooters in traffic will find it tough in this.
  • The half face vespa helmet was an easy fit. if we have to keep some knick knacks, it has to be first kept inside the helmet and then the helmet must be kept inside
  • The plastic already felt aged on the 163Km run demo vehicle. I expect them to age really fast. this could have been better IMO
  • Personally I don't have any qualms about the meter console. I like the manual meters better than digital ones
  • The USB charger is an accessory.
  • The under seat storage box is not removable like Vespa
  • The headlight and Pass are connected to separate bulbs. Headlight switches on the right side bulb and the pass switch switched on the left side.
  • As per the dealer, The ex showroom is 68500/- and the on road is 82500/- but when I asked for the breakup, he said its not yet prepared. he categorically told that the price is without any accessories.

Below are some photos I took on my mobile
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-20160825_13541301.jpeg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-20160825_13543801.jpeg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-20160825_13573001.jpeg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-20160825_13591401.jpeg

Overall, it is not a compelling package.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 25th August 2016 at 17:56.
hemanth.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 21:29   #125
BHPian

I took a longish test drive today with my nephew at the back and later we exchanged places.

1) Smashing looks, especially in black!
2) Sleek and light weight, anyone (men, women, younger, older) can park the bike using the main stand without much effort.
3) Engine is powerful and picks up speed from standstill effortlessly with very linear power delivery. My cousin who's rode a Vespa liked this one's power delivery much better. We both combined were 150 kg on the bike and it didn't matter at all.
4) Brakes and tyres are great. Even if you panic brake, front doesn't give away and maintains the line. Engine breaking is not prominent and it felt good to me.
5) Ride is stiff and handling is direct. You can go over potholed roads at decent speeds and the bike doesn't loose composure. Vibes are felt though!

Dislikes:

1) Plastic quality is strictly average. Nothing premium about it. If you don't maintain, expect to fade quickly.
2) Under seat storage is very limited. Don't think any full face helmet can fit in. Good enough for the documents and a jacket or some minor stuff.
3) Fuel cap is plastic, not metallic and it's just a cap! It doesn't have the attached rubber gasket underneath like many other scooters.
4) Meter console is probably the smallest of all scooters, reminded me of TVS scooty of the 90s. Though personally it's not an issue, as long as its functional.
5) No side stand found on the test drive bike either.

Other points:
1) Two up riding for short distances within city limits is OK. Depends on the rider and pillion size though
2) If both carry laptop backpacks, its going to be tough. Better for the rider to wear the backpack in front as the foot board is small.
3) I am 5'.5" and was OK with the ride height. Taller people would be even more comfortable.
4) No place or for number plate on the front. Only way is to get the number sticker pasted below headlamps.
5) Engine note is throaty. Very different from others. I kinda liked it!
Weathered is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 14:40   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Same frustration here as well. And I believe the PayTM bookings cannot be cancelled.

But hold on, let's get this sorted. I spoke to Motoplex Pune and they confirmed that the ex showroom price is 65000 INR only!

It is the dealers in our region who are taking us for a ride.

Ex showroom price already includes dealer margin as well, but the pathetic Vespa dealer here in my region, adds dealer margin and handling charges to the ex showroom price of 65k and brings the new ex showroom price to 69.5k.

This is nothing short of a scam, I have already dropped emails to Aprilia and Motoplex regarding the same.

I will update of any progress in this regard.
The issue here is primarily due to Aprilia doesn't specify state wise ex showroom price. Generally other manufacturers specify ex showroom price in their websites, leaving no chance for the dealers to manipulate the figures.
For the benifit of team-bhpians, please share to the forum if you get any response from Aprilia on this.
Whenever I talk to the dealer, they repeatedly tell that the on road price split up can be given only after they receive the stock. I am unable to digest this
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 20:46   #127
BHPian

Looks like I will have to pass, I was looking for a scooter with a little more power and space than my Wego. I think it ticks the boxes very well on the power front but leaves a lot to be desired on the size front. I was eager to book this on day one but will take a look at the vehicle sometime next week and decide.

Does anyone know of other 150 cc scooters that will be launched? Or even if TVS will launch a 125 cc version of Jupiter? I'll buy that in an instant
Old 26th August 2016, 22:05   #128
BHPian

So I went to the Piaggio/Vespa showroom at S.P. Road, Secunderabad to check the SR 150. To my surprise the place was packed with people and most of them were there for the SR 150. I was quickly attended to by an employee and she briefed me about the vehicle's features, costs, waiting period, etc. I was keen on a test drive and was quickly provided a black one to test -

For
  • The 150 cc engine inside the SR150 is a lively one, picks up a bit slow from stand still but excite the throttle a bit and it unhesitatingly takes off all the way 100 kmph within seconds, even at that speed, the engine still had some hunt left in it, impressive.
  • The ride quality, at least on well laid roads is bearable and is one par with other scooters in market, nothing remarkable but I'm not sure how it will handle itself on the ruins we call roads in India.
  • Pull it in slightly or grab a handful, the brakes efficiently brings the vehicle to a proper halt.
  • Flick it side to side, swerve or filter through narrow passages in traffic, this machine takes you there and does so in an expected manner.
  • Well known brand backed by a reputed manufacturer.
  • Priced reasonably for what it has to offer.
Against
  • The terrible design, oh brother, where do I even start ? I personally feel that the designers blew it and I've said enough in another post in this thread and I still stand by what I said. This scooter DOESN'T deserve to be called an Aprillia.
  • The quality of the materials used is very thin, feels flimsy and even slight hand pressure is causing it to flex. The plastics not just feels budget-grade, it actually stinks of it.
  • The vibrations have not been contained, the floor board, the handle starts vibrating even at idle and is felt even when the scooter is moving, I'm not sure if it was just TD vehicle but it was something that surprised me.
  • Engine note sounds very odd. Its something one can get used to but it still is very unpleasant to listen to.
  • Not enough color choices.
The performance of the 150 cc engine harnessed to the disc installed, segment first (?) 14" wheels is where this little Aprillia does it's victory dance and shimmies very well ahead of the competition. Despite of it's shortcomings in some aspects one can also appreciate it's strengths along with Piaggio's efforts to bring in a world famous Italian brand to India at an affordable price.This machine will surely strike a note with the young and hot blooded, the very demographic Piaggio India hopes to cater to, given it's awesome engine, the snob value of an Italian brand and of course the cost.

Cost breakdown:

₹. 67,820 - ex showroom Hydearbad
₹. 6,750 - 9% life tax
₹. 2550 - nil dep insurance
₹. 900 - TR/PR

So aprrox. ₹. 78,000 excluding accessories which include the usual perimeter kit (chrome steel frame), seat cover, rubber mat, indicator buzzer and side stand. Waiting period as of now is a nearly a month.

Here are some pictures I took, the black one is the TD vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160826_163659.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160826_163711.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160826_163714.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160826_163725.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160826_163734.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160826_165147.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160826_165225.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160826_164950.jpg  

Last edited by tjacob : 26th August 2016 at 22:23.
tjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 11:44   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
The issue here is primarily due to Aprilia doesn't specify state wise ex showroom price. Generally other manufacturers specify ex showroom price in their websites, leaving no chance for the dealers to manipulate the figures.

For the benifit of team-bhpians, please share to the forum if you get any response from Aprilia on this.

Whenever I talk to the dealer, they repeatedly tell that the on road price split up can be given only after they receive the stock. I am unable to digest this

I got the clarification from the Sales head for my region. He stated that the ex showroom for TN is 68479 INR. This is because of the difference in VAT between Pune and TN and also the transportation cost from Pune to TN.

And so I got the PI from the dealer and he bloated up the registration charges to 2k (actual cost is 60 INR) and brought the OTR to 79k with no accessories included.
Old 29th August 2016, 13:50   #130
BHPian

Last week, when I called up the Aprilia toll free, I asked them to put the ex-showroom prices on website. They did mention that it would be done soon.
I see that the price list is updated on http://apriliasr150.in/price.php

Bangalore ex-showroom is Rs. 68336/-
Does anyone from Bangalore have a split from any dealer on how it adds up to Rs. 83000 for the on-road cost?
Old 29th August 2016, 14:33   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I took the calculation of the on-road cost(without any accessories) that I had made during my Vespa S125 purchase
Accordingly I calculated for the SR150 and it comes to 77K to 78K
Attachment 1545593
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
Last week, when I called up the Aprilia toll free, I asked them to put the ex-showroom prices on website. They did mention that it would be done soon.
I see that the price list is updated on http://apriliasr150.in/price.php

Bangalore ex-showroom is Rs. 68336/-
Does anyone from Bangalore have a split from any dealer on how it adds up to Rs. 83000 for the on-road cost?
Previously I had estimated ₹77-78K (as in the above quoted post of mine).
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-capture.jpg

Today I got the below breakup of the current prices from one of the dealers in Bangalore.
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-capture1.jpg

The road tax (percentage that is) remains as expected.
The increase in the Insurance percentage is also ok (since My previous calculation is as per the percentage 2 years ago).
But ₹4019/- for Registration and Handling is a bit too much I felt.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 29th August 2016 at 14:45.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 18:33   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
But ₹4019/- for Registration and Handling is a bit too much I felt.
That is quite odd. Here is the breakdown I got when when visiting a non Aprillia showroom at Hyd.

67,821 - Ex-show Room
_6,753 - Life tax (9%)
_2,100 - Comprehensive Insurance
___900 - Temporary and Permanent Registration
_3,400 - +5% Life tax(2nd Vehicle)
_2,500 - Total for Accessories(Side Stand,Women's Foot Rest, USB port, RVM & floor mat )
83,474 - Total

Yet to get a test ride.

Last edited by gendarmee : 29th August 2016 at 18:48.
Old 29th August 2016, 21:10   #133
BHPian

I have booked one in chennai. The ex showroom price is Rs.68,475 and OTR is Rs.78,050.

I took a test ride and the ease with which it accelerated was effortless when compared to my Wife's TVS Jupiter 110.

The handle bar is a bit heavy, also narrower than Jupiter's handlebar. Felt a bit nervous raking turns , maybe since it was raining and wet roads. As many have mentioned the shock absorbers aren't that bad when compared to my Yamaha Rx135.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160829_205204.jpg  

Last edited by revv_maniac : 29th August 2016 at 21:14.
Old 29th August 2016, 21:50   #134
Senior - BHPian

Let the initial hype die down and then see the discounts given by dealer.

I know we bhpians like to get our rides amongst the first lots, but for those who are prepared to wait a bit, you can get better pricing (exact road tax, no handling charges etc ).

I have adopted a policy of not buying any vehicle where they levy any sort of handling charge/ logistic charges unless they are wiling to give equivalent discount (over the official discount).

When I got my vespa, I visited two outlets and chose the one one that was better in handling customers and didn't try to loot me. They explained all the accessories available and I had almost purchased a helmet, but they didn't have one in my size. So if a dealer says he won't give me the proper pricing ( note, I'm not asking for discounts, just the rational price ) I simply say bye to him and go home. Sooner or later I'll find an honest dealer or fancy some other brand.
Old 29th August 2016, 21:51   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quick first impression from the test ride yesterday:

+ves:

* The ride and handling is the star of the show. Went over some pretty nasty terrain, but the scoot was unphased. Activa's suspension would have crashed for sure
* Looks good, different
* Decent power for a scoot
* Its super refined even at high speed. Hitting 80 - 90 and keeping it there all day is no problem whatsoever
* Excellent brakes!

-ve
* Looks good but not as spectacular as it did in the auto expo pics
* Overall plastic quality seemed OK, but the switchgear, especially the RHS light controls were particularly flimsy and may not go the distance
* The vibrations at idle were crazy high. This is coming from a Duke 390 rider. No exaggeration!! I can compare the vibes to my (erstwhile) Enfield; and this was despite me wearing my riding gloves that have padding in the heel of the palm. Don't know if this will improve as the engine runs in but as of now, its super uncomfortable
* Limited underseat storage. Will not fit a full face helmet
* Shorter riders will find it hard to put their feet down. My 5 foot 2 wife could barely manage on her tippy toes. 5 feet 4 and above should do just fine
* Me and my wife just about fit two up. I am 5 foot 11. Neither of us are (too) rotund . If you are thinking 2 up riding on this scoot, please think again or at least check before plonking your money down
* The biggest disappointment is the price. Ex showroom was 67K (not 65) and somehow hit around 78K on road. Side stand and any other accessories will be extra. Its simply too rich for my blood
* The finance options aren't great at least for now. For example - If I were to put a down payment of 30K, the EMI for 12 months will be 5051 per month. Total payback - around 60,500 viz over 13k for a loan amount of 47k. Too high IMO

Overall, a bit disappointed. Could have thought of spending the extra cash if at least me and the Mrs could fit together in comfort. I mean, we do fit but it means one singular seating position throughout the ride. If I were to (for example) scooch back for some room or relieve my aching butt, my wife would go off the back and I would go hungry forever
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks