Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 13th June 2019, 11:23   #361
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Lot firmer compared to almost all gearless scooters. If you're looking for comfort and practicality, its better to look elsewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
As another member posted above and what I meant was ride is really stiff compared to any other gearless scooter. Not a practical family scooter for sure.
Thanks guys. Not panning for daily use but for occasional commute to office and to drop my 3 year old daughter to school. She loves riding in scooter.
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2019, 11:37   #362
BHPian

Default Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Hi friends, my Aprilia SR150 is 2 years old now and out of factory warranty. However, I had opted for an extended warranty a year back.

My service adviser says that I'll have to continue servicing in 3-4 months interval to maintain the extended warranty. The trouble is, my running is really low (less than 8k kms in two years) and hence quarterly service seems unnecessary as off lately my running is less than 500kms per quarter. Any clue on the requirement to continue servicing to avail the benefit of extended warranty?

PS: I still haven't gotten my extended warranty card from SVC for the payment which was done over a year ago. Anyone here who has the extended warranty car can you please check the T&C for extended warranty
camitesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2019, 17:35   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post

My service adviser says that I'll have to continue servicing in 3-4 months interval to maintain the extended warranty.

Any clue on the requirement to continue servicing to avail the benefit of extended warranty?
For the warranty to be valid, you will have to keep your end of the terms i.e. periodic maintenance at authorized service center. Any miss and you lose your right to claim for warranty.
This is the ony down side of extended warranty I suppose, and felt more in case of a scooter which needs to be serviced anywhere between 80-100 days.

A Q though: Why the need to take extended warranty for an automatic scooter? Too less parts that can fail, as compared to a car, and are quite reasonable too, comparitively.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2019, 00:29   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
For the warranty to be valid, you will have to keep your end of the terms i.e. periodic maintenance at authorized service center. Any miss and you lose your right to claim for warranty.

A Q though: Why the need to take extended warranty for an automatic scooter? Too less parts that can fail, as compared to a car, and are quite reasonable too, comparitively.
That's just it. I don't think there is anymore a service schedule in owners manual after all 9 services in 2 years. If there was, I'd be following it for sure to maintain the warranty. Will have a look at owners manual once again though.

Well Aprilia is goog but isn't as reliable as other japanese gearless scooters. I've been lucky to get quite some parts, such as alloy wheel, cooling fan and fork components replaced under warranty already in first two years. It was a no brainer to buy the extended warranty for 2 years merely at a cost of less than 700 bucks just to be on safe side
camitesh is online now   Reply With Quote