Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2019, 11:23   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Lot firmer compared to almost all gearless scooters. If you're looking for comfort and practicality, its better to look elsewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
As another member posted above and what I meant was ride is really stiff compared to any other gearless scooter. Not a practical family scooter for sure.
Thanks guys. Not panning for daily use but for occasional commute to office and to drop my 3 year old daughter to school. She loves riding in scooter.
Old 25th July 2019, 11:37   #362
BHPian

Hi friends, my Aprilia SR150 is 2 years old now and out of factory warranty. However, I had opted for an extended warranty a year back.

My service adviser says that I'll have to continue servicing in 3-4 months interval to maintain the extended warranty. The trouble is, my running is really low (less than 8k kms in two years) and hence quarterly service seems unnecessary as off lately my running is less than 500kms per quarter. Any clue on the requirement to continue servicing to avail the benefit of extended warranty?

PS: I still haven't gotten my extended warranty card from SVC for the payment which was done over a year ago. Anyone here who has the extended warranty car can you please check the T&C for extended warranty
Old 25th July 2019, 17:35   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post

My service adviser says that I'll have to continue servicing in 3-4 months interval to maintain the extended warranty.

Any clue on the requirement to continue servicing to avail the benefit of extended warranty?
For the warranty to be valid, you will have to keep your end of the terms i.e. periodic maintenance at authorized service center. Any miss and you lose your right to claim for warranty.
This is the ony down side of extended warranty I suppose, and felt more in case of a scooter which needs to be serviced anywhere between 80-100 days.

A Q though: Why the need to take extended warranty for an automatic scooter? Too less parts that can fail, as compared to a car, and are quite reasonable too, comparitively.
Old 26th July 2019, 00:29   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
For the warranty to be valid, you will have to keep your end of the terms i.e. periodic maintenance at authorized service center. Any miss and you lose your right to claim for warranty.

A Q though: Why the need to take extended warranty for an automatic scooter? Too less parts that can fail, as compared to a car, and are quite reasonable too, comparitively.
That's just it. I don't think there is anymore a service schedule in owners manual after all 9 services in 2 years. If there was, I'd be following it for sure to maintain the warranty. Will have a look at owners manual once again though.

Well Aprilia is goog but isn't as reliable as other japanese gearless scooters. I've been lucky to get quite some parts, such as alloy wheel, cooling fan and fork components replaced under warranty already in first two years. It was a no brainer to buy the extended warranty for 2 years merely at a cost of less than 700 bucks just to be on safe side
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:51   #365
Senior - BHPian

How much does a paid service cost? My SR150 has covered 12500 and 2 years 3 months old. Previous owner mentioned he had serviced at 11500, manual isn't updated though. Oil appears new and brownish in color.
Old 26th October 2019, 17:54   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
How much does a paid service cost? My SR150 has covered 12500 and 2 years 3 months old. Previous owner mentioned he had serviced at 11500, manual isn't updated though. Oil appears new and brownish in color.
Well, the free services used to cost around 350 - 450 bucks or thereabouts. So double that I guess?

The oil colour seems about right. They are using Castrol now, and that dark red is their signature colour for mineral oils.
Old 28th October 2019, 13:03   #367
BHPian

Has anyone compared the throw of the single headlight on the new 150 vs the twin headlight on the old one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
How much does a paid service cost? My SR150 has covered 12500 and 2 years 3 months old.

The 12K servicing bill lists a labor charge of Rs 475/hr * 1.56 hr in addition to the oil and air filter cost. Oil changes are done on alternate servicing though, unless one explicitly asks for it.
Old 24th January 2020, 17:51   #368
BHPian

Went to check out the SR-150 at the Aprilia store. Was pleasantly surprised to see SR-160 BS6 variant in the store. It is supposed to have ~1.25BHP more power than outgoing variant. There was also a nice looking SR-125 Storm edition with knobby tyres.

Took a long test drive of the SR-150. The vehicle had 8K on the odo but had a lot of rattles. Granted it is an abused test ride vehicle, but my 10 year old Suzuki scooter with 50K feels smoother even today. The brakes were phenomenal; better than some commuter bikes. Handing is awesome, but the bad roads will make you a cartographer.

After the test drive they mentioned about not have any SR-150 as they have sold out the BS4 stock. They did share the price of SR-160 which ranged from 141K to 152K (Race edition). In the past 3.5 years, the ex-showroom price went from 65K to 104K (60% increase for base variant) with a 6% bump in cubic capacity . Yes, they have added ABS in the interim (govt mandated) but the gradual hike all these years makes you wonder if the early buyers are able to sell their vehicles for full price after using it
highlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 02:15   #369
BHPian

Has anyone used Liquimoly oil for the scooter and if yes then how is it and is it worth the extra price over the brand that the service centre uses (castrol in my case) ?
Old 8th June 2020, 13:00   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Has anyone used Liquimoly oil for the scooter and if yes then how is it and is it worth the extra price over the brand that the service centre uses (castrol in my case) ?
Im not sure if Liquimoly is meant to be used in Scooters which are of lower power units. Mostly this brand is used in Racing bikes and Super Bikes.
Castrol is doing good job for my Vespas and Aprilias atleast...
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 13:03   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im not sure if Liquimoly is meant to be used in Scooters which are of lower power units. Mostly this brand is used in Racing bikes and Super Bikes.
Castrol is doing good job for my Vespas and Aprilias atleast...
Oh ok. I actually came across a store selling the Liquimoly Scooter oil 10w30, for around 700 rs. I thought of giving it a try for my next service which is due this month.
Old 29th July 2022, 15:12   #372
BHPian

Aprilia scooter owners in Chennai,

Where in Chennai do you get it serviced?
I had purchased mine in 2016 from MS Motors on Mount Poonamallee Road. Did regular servicing from there but was not regular during the COVID period.
Couple of weeks back came to know that it has shut shop and the other one close to me is in Ashok Nagar. However this one is severely overloaded. They asked me to leave the scooter and come back after a week.
What are the other options? Is it ok to get it serviced from a regular FNG who does Activa and Jupiter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks