Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 15:32   #226
BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
I got mine from the same dealer.
My experience in gist-
1) Wanted a 2.5% charge if payment is done via card.
2)Accessories were not available at the time of delivery. Had to get the scooter home without side stand and mirrors. Got the same after 6 days.
3)Recent check confirms nonavailability of accessories.
4)Pretty courteous staff except one lady. Need prodding at regular intervals. Seems they haven't accustomed to the new higher demands yet and were hopping around clueless more often than not.
5)Very little complimentary petrol on delivery, believe it was 700ml.
6)No parking space.
Would rate experience as 6.5 out of 10. Much much better than the Honda and Hero dealers that i went to, before zeroing in on this.
I picked my ride from Square Auto on Nov 2nd. Have done about 150 Kms till date. Dealer ship experience was pretty good and was somewhat better than the Honda guys, from my previous experience.

Though I kept pushing for a early delivery, I did get the vehicle from the second batch as promised. Actual delivery was kind of a mixed bag. Waited for more than 4 hours to finally get the machine out on the road. And though I insisted on doing a PDI, was not possible and ended up getting a piece with a slightly scratched front mud guard. However, on pointing it out, the mud guard was replaced with a new one promptly .

I took delivery with a temporary registration as I wanted the vehicle to be registered from a different RTO. Upon my request, vehicle was registered with the Indiranagar RTO and got a call to collect my road tax and number plates after a week. However, again, on a special request, the number plates and the road tax papers were couriered to me without any additional charges. This in spite of telling them that I will bear the courier charges.

A big thanks to Mr Rajnikanth (Sales Manager), Ms Shalini (Sales Advisor) and Mr Rudresh (Sales Advisor) for a wonderful job done! Would strongly suggest Square Auto if you are planning to pick your ride! if its a Vespa or a Aprilia at that!

Last edited by vinair : 16th November 2016 at 15:33.
Old 16th November 2016, 18:09   #227
BHPian

Aprilia SR 150 Headlamps Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
  • The electrical system is all DC and even the headlamps work without having to start the engine. However, in it’s factory setting, I found the headlamp to be angled too high. Need to get this realigned and even then, the intensity of light is on the lower side. Will need to look for a higher wattage bulbs like 55w, specially for the low beam which I will be using mostly.
Today i got the headlamps aligned and also upgraded the OEM HS1 Osram 35/35w bulbs to H4 Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55w.

The bulb types are different, but they are a direct fit and require no tinkering.

The light output has increased almost two fold both in terms of spread and intensity. Loving it

Some might be worried whether the stock holders, reflectors & wiring will be able to handle the addition load / heat. Please refer to this post wherein I had upgraded the 35w OEM HS1 bulb on my TVS Wego to a Philips 60/55w H4 and faced zero issues in last four years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
1) I thought the same, even thought I'd order a full face helmet box(then found that it costs more than half the price of the bike to import). But then after having the bike delivered figured that putting in the half face helmet backwards worked fine.

Thanks for the tip mate. Bought a VEGA Eclipse in matte Black today and it fits perfectly when placed backwards
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 18:27   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Thanks.
I hadn't noticed the one on Vespa at all (or any other scooter in India for that matter until now)
I can see it in the picture of SR150 I have posted (on Vespas inside the showroom) It may be the right size.
It is of the same size. In fact for ad photoshoots, Piaggio had themselves used those. Look at this quoted post from hillram
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im not sure if 65000 is On Road price in Pune. Piaggio Motoplex dealer in Hyderabad quoted 65000 as ex-showroom price and shared the below photos on the Whatsapp group.
Quote:
Do you know if they come in black finish ? If not will have get them change them to black - much easier to change colour than all the machining.
It comes only in chrome. easiest way would be to wrap a matte black vinyl sticker.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 19:32   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

It comes only in chrome. easiest way would be to wrap a matte black vinyl sticker.
No the sticker would come off or rub-off easily as mirrors are bound to get rubbed against many things even while stationary. Best bet would be to have the powder coated. Thanks for the suggestion. Will keep updating on this when I go about it so that other like minded people can use the process.

Best Regards & Ride/Drive Safe

Ram
Old 16th November 2016, 20:30   #230
BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 Headlamps Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
The light output has increased almost two fold both in terms of spread and intensity.
Would it be possible to post some pictures of the high and low beam?
Old 16th November 2016, 20:32   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
No the sticker would come off or rub-off easily as mirrors are bound to get rubbed against many things even while stationary. Best bet would be to have the powder coated. Thanks for the suggestion. Will keep updating on this when I go about it so that other like minded people can use the process.

Ram
Hello Ram sir,

The powder coating may not be possible on mirrors as it will crack while baking at high temperature. An alternate is plasti dip spray. There is a dedicated thread for this in modification section. Many have used this on rims, side mirrors and front grille too. You can peel it off if not required and respray again. Available in variety of colors. Please check.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 15:33   #232
BANNED

I've switched to vespa mirrors since day 1. They look very elegant and has good rear field coverage.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1&d=1479376945

Also, the rubber cap is very loose. Even a part of the mirror thread is exposed. But these are minor niggles we can live with.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_0148.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_0150.jpg  

vittalnrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 16:06   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
I've switched to vespa mirrors since day 1. They look very elegant and has good rear field coverage.

Also, the rubber cap is very loose. Even a part of the mirror thread is exposed. But these are minor niggles we can live with.
Vittal Thanks for posting this. Glad to know there are other like minded people.

From what can be seen on the pictures, just take the mirror to a workshop or lathe (unless you are a DIY man) have the thread cut by the number of threads you can see outside the cap that's all you need to do.

Push in a smaller diameter rubber or plastic tube and slip the black cover over it - the loose-ness also can be resolved nicely.

But looking at the picture again I think that, when the thread is cut the cap will fit snugly on the stem of the mirror. Try and keep the thread posted please

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 17th November 2016 at 16:22.
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:53   #234
BHPian

After more than one month of usage approx. 900kms, below are the updates:
1) 1st free service done. In addition to mandatory stuff asked them to clean air filter and adjust rear brake for better bite. Still not much change on the rear brakes. Total charge came to Rs. 263/-.
2) Hard suspension has mellowed slightly, not too much difference, but I can feel it.
3) The major complaint now is the hard saddle. Very difficult for riding more than say 45 mins. For sure I am going to set the seat material and height changed. Chennai members can please suggest good place to get seat modified. Or would any bike seat cover shop do this work?

Thanks.
Old 24th November 2016, 20:17   #235
BHPian

Update:-
First major issue :
Today evening on way back from office noticed some leakage from key hole area.
Didn't understand at first what the issue was then closer home realized that it is brake fluid leak. Felt the brake lever having more play.
Luckily reached home without any trouble. Have to take to service center on Saturday.
How could this have happened? Also there seems to be reasonable bite in brakes still.
Old 25th November 2016, 11:57   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Update:-
First major issue :
Today evening on way back from office noticed some leakage from key hole area.
Didn't understand at first what the issue was then closer home realized that it is brake fluid leak. Felt the brake lever having more play.
Luckily reached home without any trouble. Have to take to service center on Saturday.
How could this have happened? Also there seems to be reasonable bite in brakes still.
That's good input for us others, and definitely a significant failure. Brake fluid could leak from the seal around the brake plunger. This is the part which connects the brake lever which you squeeze and the piston which pressurizes the brake fluid.

Other possible place of leakage is the brake fluid hose which connects the master cylinder to the slave.

The showroom guys need to fix that. Also be mindful about the fluid tarnishing the paint or other plastic areas. They should be replaced under warranty.

PS - the bite in the brakes is because there is still brake fluid left in the circuit. Avoid hard braking at all costs before getting it fixed.

Last edited by nitrogary : 25th November 2016 at 11:58.
nitrogary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 11:21   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post

That's good input for us others, and definitely a significant failure....
Guys, a quick update.
Sorry for the false alarm.
Just now came back from service center.
The leak from the keyhole area was from the lubricant used there. Service center guy showed me similar case on their test ride piece.
Brake fluid is intact. No damage there.

Thanks for your inputs.
Regards,
Rajiv
rajivr1612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 10:43   #238
BHPian

Hi,

I am interested in getting one of these motoscooters. I am 6ft 4 inches tall and would like to use this for daily errants and some "long rides" lasting 50 kms. How has been the experience on longer rides and does anyone have feedback about pillion comfort on short and long rides?

I feel a scooter is much more practical than a bike in terms of utility and for the really long tours I can hire from wickeride or the likes. Even if the storage is less, it should be able to take a half helmet? And you can still keep some bag in the front?

Cheers

Vindy
Old 5th December 2016, 11:12   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

Even if the storage is less, it should be able to take a half helmet? And you can still keep some bag in the front?
Vindy
I think your question is answered in the following post from Gendarmee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
1) But then after having the bike delivered figured that putting in the half face helmet backwards worked fine.
Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 12:23   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

I am interested in getting one of these motoscooters. I am 6ft 4 inches tall and would like to use this for daily errants and some "long rides" lasting 50 kms. How has been the experience on longer rides and does anyone have feedback about pillion comfort on short and long rides?

I feel a scooter is much more practical than a bike in terms of utility and for the really long tours I can hire from wickeride or the likes. Even if the storage is less, it should be able to take a half helmet? And you can still keep some bag in the front?

Cheers

Vindy
I have been using one for over a month now. Have completed 1200 just.

Find below my reply point wise:

1) For your height better to take a test ride. Keep in mind that this is a very compact scooter.

2) For long rides I don't find it very comfortable. This is due to the hard suspension. I am comparing with my Wego here. My daily ride is 30 kms total up and down. It gets really tiring I must say due to mixed bag roads we have. This suspension only accepts butter smooth roads. Anything bad and it's very uncomfortable.

3) For a pillion, based on my wife's experience, it's very poor. Again the comparison is with Wego. But personally I felt that due to additional weight of pillion the ride quality on bad roads improved.

4) Storage wise it's not class leading for sure. I am OK with it since I don't keep my helmet inside. Also there is a bag hook at front, but for very small bags only since space on footrest is limited.

So I request you to take a nice test ride with your pillion partner to come to a decision.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks