Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2019, 17:15   #631
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Just visited Dynamic Autocraft, the sole dealer in Kolkata. The showroom is set up in sync with the other showrooms, with rustic knicknacks casually strewn around. They have only two bikes with them, demo pieces which are used for test ride as well.

The bikes felt really solid, if a little rough around the edges. The usual statement of pre production models being a little subpar was delivered after every alternate sentence.

Test ride was a short one, up and down the six lane road on which the showroom is. The bike stalled a couple of times when starting in first, but otherwise performed flawlessly. You sit comfy with your arms straight and at a normal height, while the bike pulls clean at the twist of the throttle. Deliberately shifted a lot on the road, and there was not a single mis-shift. Footpegs do foul when you put your leg down. Also, the bike is a tad bit smaller and lower than standard enfields, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Surprisingly, the very first question when I walked in asking for a test ride was if I wanted the dB killer removed! The bike sounds refined with the dB killer on, and angrier with it off. Revs higher than an enfield but lower than standard commuters and japs. Sound is not a value proposition or detriment for me, but it did sound nice.

Delivery estimate was the real killer though. I booked the day booking had opened, 15th November but I changed to the dual abs model when the option was provided. Showroom staff informed it would be a good 5 to 6 months before I get delivery. Had I stuck to the single abs model, they said, delivery would have been a week or two from today at max.

Summing up, I came away with a good feeling from the bike regarding the quality of the product. If only the delivery would have been a little earlier, I would be a happy man. In two minds about switching back to single channel abs now. Can not wait to take this baby on road!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20190329_160932.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20190329_160914.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20190329_160214.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20190329_160209.jpg  

Last edited by cr4nkshaft : 29th March 2019 at 17:24. Reason: formatted for brevity
cr4nkshaft is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 20:10   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Meanwhile they are auctioning off a limited number of Signature editions.

I'm all for a good cause and then I read this:
Yikes! I've never ever seen any brand brag about expensive repairs :Shocked:
Greetings to all!
Any accident has consequences, There could be human injury or death!
1. Parents who cave in to pressure to buy their kids a 42 or Jawa Classic, what about putting such awareness /caution first!
Follow traffic rules, ride safe, ride with a certified helmet, watch out for road surprises.
2. Is CLPL, trying to give us a hint that repair, replacement of parts is going to hurt one's pocket!

Kind regards to all,
Joe
Old 29th March 2019, 20:59   #633
BHPian

Jawa auction update : First bike to roll out of the production line (chassis no 001) sold in auction at a whopping 45 lakh !
Anurag confirms first delivery for those who booked online is slated for tomorrow , 30-03-19 at 1100 hrs.
The auction event surely is going to add to the Jawa craze and bound to grab a lot of internet space in the coming days.

Link to Rushlane article - https://www.rushlane.com/jawa-auctio...02896.html/amp

Last edited by ar134 : 29th March 2019 at 21:12. Reason: Found article from Rushlane with all details of the auction
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 21:59   #634
Team-BHP Support

Jawa claims to have raised 1.43 crores from the auction -

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-instgimage1.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 13:03   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Yikes! I've never ever seen any brand brag about expensive repairs
[
Every repair bill, be it ₹1 or ₹10000 is a hit to your wallet, and what I feel Jawa wanted to convey was that these limited edition bikes will hit your wallet like any other bike, but being limited edition ones, they'll hit your heart as well.

I think it's a subtle hint by CLPL for the buyers to preserve these first lot bikes since they might appreciate in value at a later date.
Old 30th March 2019, 16:47   #636
BHPian

Here we go!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rus...-12303001.html

But it seems they have delivered only a handful of bikes today, just to claim they have delivered on their promise.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 16:47   #637
Senior - BHPian

So the first set of deliveries didn't include any Team Bhpians yesterday?
Old 31st March 2019, 16:58   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
So the first set of deliveries didn't include any Team Bhpians yesterday?
I am actually waiting patiently for the call. I had booked on the 22nd of November but with the showroom in Siliguri inaugurated just on the 1st of March, I do not think that my motorcycle will be delivered before 15th of April. If they do, it will be a problem for me as Election duty would take an entire week from 14th till 20th of April. If only Jawa could deliver by the 6th, I was planning a short trip in the Easters. Otherwise, it would be only next month for me. Do let us know, any of you, good souls get the bike delivered to them.
Old 31st March 2019, 18:50   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickrider00 View Post
Do let us know, any of you, good souls get the bike delivered to them.
I got a call from Jawa a few minutes ago asking me to confirm my bike and dealer details (variant, color etc) with tentative delivery expected to happen between 20-30 April . Next communication will be from the dealer 2-3 days prior to my bike reaching the dealership. I had booked on 15 Nov 2018 and the same can be used as reference to plan and come to terms with the Jawa delivery itinerary by other BHPians.

Last edited by ar134 : 31st March 2019 at 19:12.
ar134 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 11:26   #640
BHPian

Have there been only a handful of deliveries? Why arent we seeing media outlets come out with their first impressions of the production version of the Jawa motorcycles? Or is there another embargo in place?
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 19:33   #641
Senior - BHPian

A service center is coming up in 9thA cross behind the Bangalore Diary on Hosur road. Looks like the infrastructure is falling in place just in time for the service interval on the first lot of bikes.
Pic credit, Prashanth.Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img20190404wa0010.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 09:58   #642
R.G
BHPian

Jawa motorcycles have published the mileage through their twitter account.

ARAI certified 37.5 kmpl

Related news

https://www.rushlane.com/jawa-mileag...-12303519.html
R.G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 14:02   #643
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
Have there been only a handful of deliveries? Why arent we seeing media outlets come out with their first impressions of the production version of the Jawa motorcycles? Or is there another embargo in place?
There is a lot of disconnect here. If one goes through the twitter accounts of Jawa / Anupam there are many who are questioning them about the same.

By this time (as CLI promised ), I was expecting a few Jawa motorcycles on the road and a good review of the so called production version from various media houses. The jawas that were delivered does not have a bar end mirrors IIRC and it was promised. If this can be taken as a cue , what about other promises on refinement and quality ?

Is there anyone in this forum with some insider knowledge on what actually is happening within CLI ? or How many bikes were delivered ? A good 5 months after the announcements , the least CLI can do is to show the prospective customer a production version of these vehicles.

I honestly hope the 2L price tag is justified when the FINAL version rolls out.

The question to Anupam on bar end mirrors on 42 and the answer

Deliveries done : 1 and 2

Last edited by R.G : 8th April 2019 at 14:17. Reason: Adding details
Old 8th April 2019, 15:22   #644
BHPian

So I happened to pop by the Jawa showroom in Tambaram. Firstly props to Jawa for the nice theme they have adopted for the showroom design. I had earlier gone to the Besant Nagar one however due to the attitude of the staff there didn't bother going there again. I went there twice for a test ride and both time given excuse for it's a Sunday and the second time around 2pm and he told me it's lunch time. Pathetic attitude. But they have maintained the theme and it's very nicely laid out. So back to Tambaram show room. Staff attitude much better. Sales guy told me I could test ride both bikes the classic and 42. I must say I'm mighty impressed with the bike. Went two up both times with my wife and wife didn't complain about the back seat. She said the firmness of the seat is good. Bear in mind the test ride was about 10 minutes only. So can't tell how good it'll be for a long ride. Personally I'd have liked more padding. With respect to the fit and finish no complaints. Yes there a few spotty welds here and there but overall I felt it was a very nicely put together bike. The bike is agile and feels light. Briskly accelerates to 80-100kph. And definitely can sustain those speeds as per initial impression. Rear brakes are quite ok only. Lever travel for the brake seems long. Major Concern only is both showrooms still don't know when deliveries are going to start. They've given 6-8 months waiting period for both the single ABS and dual ABS variants.
Old 8th April 2019, 16:25   #645
Senior - BHPian

This something I really hate about the Indian Automotive scene. Customers are taken for granted and made to wait and finally the company thinks they are doing us a favour by delivering a vehicle to us.
Captain Slow is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks