Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2019, 20:15   #706
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Just back from the Jawa Showroom in Siliguri, they have delivered two Jawa 42s booked on 20th Nov 18, mine has been billed but not despatched yet. The production version is INDEED different and better then the prototype ones. The ugly welds, hard seat and the erring meter console has been taken care of. The attention to detail seems evident. On the flip side Main Stand cost 799, Leg guard 1499 and 1599, black and chrome, The rear handle comes in different cost, the basic one is for 399, the more visually appealing and practical cost 999 above which one can go for backrest and carrier for another 999. T Shirts are for 899. I am expecting my Jawa 42 on the 2nd week of this month. This is the present update.
maverickrider00 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 07:30   #707
Senior - BHPian

Awesome, For my booking made on 20th Nov and later changed to dual disc option, I haven't heard from CL yet.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th June 2019 at 08:22. Reason: Wrong post quoted
Old 2nd June 2019, 10:43   #708
Senior - BHPian

It works to the bike's advantage that no pillion rider be present since it just roars and surges ahead. They will sell more bikes that way. If you tell them nicely that you want a solo ride, they will not refuse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
a sales person did ride with me as pillion

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd June 2019 at 17:37. Reason: Post spacing fixed.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:22   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If you tell them nicely that you want a solo ride, they will not refuse!
I am the kind of guy who would think thrice before asking for extra chutney at a restaurant, I would just eat the remaining dosa without chutney! So, yeah I was hesitant.

Here's some good news!
Quote:
There is a lot of effort going behind ramping-up (production) with suppliers, and that is showing us very positive results. We are overwhelmed with the response, and we have now come to terms with this kind of response and we have worked very hard towards the ramp up. I think over the next few months, people will start realising that there is a steady stream of motorcycles coming through and (that) people are getting their machines.

With about 2,500 components in the bike and over 700 suppliers supplying them, we are only as strong as that. It’s not about building up your capacity, but it’s about building up supplier capacity as well. And here we are, with a resurrected brand, a completely new motorcycle (with) a completely new set of suppliers supplying it to us — it takes a little while to get everything up to scale. - Ashish Joshi, Chief Executive Officer, Classic Legends Pvt
https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le27377602.ece
tchsvy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:39   #710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Here's some good news!
Seeing is believing. Jawa's track record on adhering to what they promise has been absolutely horrendous. So I'll believe it when next month @crazy driver's monthly sales numbers thread start reflecting the increase in delivery.

Btw I had canceled my booking over 10 days ago. I got the cancelation mail confirmation a day later. A week ago, I was called by local dealer asking for payment, told them I have already canceled. Two days ago, I get a message saying my "postponement request" has been accepted and my delivery is pushed to this week!

I have no idea what's going on, and my 5k booking refund is nowhere to be seen!

Edit: anyone interested in obtaining a Lumos Lime Jawa42?

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-screenshot_20190603154107.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd June 2019 at 17:38. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 18:35   #711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
It works to the bike's advantage that no pillion rider be present since it just roars and surges ahead. They will sell more bikes that way. If you tell them nicely that you want a solo ride, they will not refuse!
You are bang on target with this but at least here in Cochin, the dealership flat out refuses to allow test rides without a sales person as a pillion. Ive dropped in a few times while passing by to see if they have seen the light. But even when the showroom is completely empty, the bored out of their minds sales people say only pillion based test rides. Maybe they dont want more bookings because they have to deal with more customers who will keep calling them up to ask when the vehicles will be delivered.

So it is what it is with Jawa!
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 17:14   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I have no idea what's going on, and my 5k booking refund is nowhere to be seen!
Most probably they are going to give this bike to somebody else who can pay bit of extra and will earn them few extra bucks.

One thing is sure, they are no-where near market demand & launched themselves too early. Off lately their twitter handle and FB page have got silent with deliveries pics as well. So either they are not delivering any bikes or they have stopped posting them on these social media handle. Either way, people crying for their bikes were too many

Dealer here proudly claimed to have delivered 20 bikes in a month when competition have been churning out 20 in few hours.

Last edited by SDP : 7th June 2019 at 17:27. Reason: Smiley usage :)
Old 6th June 2019, 16:24   #713
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know when the Perak would be opened for booking and delivery please? I am looking to book a Perak. I am fan of the bobber style and the Iron 883 is out of my budget.
Old 7th June 2019, 17:11   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Does anyone know when the Perak would be opened for booking and delivery please? I am looking to book a Perak. I am fan of the bobber style and the Iron 883 is out of my budget.
went Jawa Showroom adayar and they said Perak would be opened for booking only in Jan 2020.
Old 7th June 2019, 18:15   #715
Senior - BHPian

Two spotted yesterday in Manali with red plates, which we pretty regularly see on test vehicles. Mahindra erred, however... they thought they would be testing mountain performance, instead they will be evaluating their behavior in the midst of endless traffic jams... Just horrible conditions up here at present, it's around this time every year we seriously consider shifting permanently elsewhere.... but I digress...

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-1shot_20190606_110801-2.jpg

Testing at this late stage would be a curious thing though...

Also curious to me is that these were not drawing a crowd... I seem to have been the only one to notice them parked there on that busy street.

I think they look great and are a nice, compact size, as the originals.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 7th June 2019 at 18:24.
ringoism is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 19:48   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
Also curious to me is that these were not drawing a crowd... I seem to have been the only one to notice them parked there on that busy street.

-Eric
To most non enthusiast jawa is nothing but a version of "bullet"
Old 7th June 2019, 20:36   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing:

A friend booked a Jawa @ hubli, but there is no sign of the bike, nor any updates from the dealer. He asked for a cancellation, but there is no refund in sight.

Mahindra - is this how you are working ?
Old 8th June 2019, 07:46   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
went Jawa Showroom adayar and they said Perak would be opened for booking only in Jan 2020.
And delivered by when? That would be the next important question to ask right after!! I am yet to see a single Jawa on the road and I have already seen a handful on MT15s launched a few weeks back which I never expected to sell much!
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 12:18   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
And delivered by when? That would be the next important question to ask right after!! I am yet to see a single Jawa on the road and I have already seen a handful on MT15s launched a few weeks back which I never expected to sell much!
Deliveries would start April 2020. I asked for waiti g period and they said it's 6-9 months for both classic and 42.
Old 8th June 2019, 14:41   #720
BHPian

In 2000, the then President Bill Clinton visited Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan. There, tigers were not easy to be spotted by 'aam aadmi'. Special arrangements were made to ensure that President meets the tiger. Some reports at that time in local newspapers (I was a resident nearby) claimed that for his visit, some tigers were brought from other neighboring parks.

I am remembering that event, as now in the jungles of Delhi, I am yet to spot a single Jawa on the roads.

Seems that I will have to go to the zoo (i.e. showroom) to see it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks