Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2020, 09:36   #316
BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
With all the stocks over, I'm getting a pre owned 4 month old 3000 kms done bike for 95 thousand bucks.
Had gone for a test ride and the deal will be closed tomorrow finally.
That's good to know! Congrats!

Quote:
Would you give me any tips as to what things do I need to look for in the bike
1) Check if its second servicing @ 3000-3500kms is done or due, also check for history at the SVC if any. Nowadays they keep records of even minor things like side stand sensor adjustment etc.

2) Inspect the crash guard and handlebar end caps for any visible damage to ensure that the bike has suffered a fall / crash or not.

3) Inspect the rims and spokes for damage / rust.

4) Check for the under seat storage items, especially the tool kit.

5) I'd also change all the fluids just to be sure.

6) If it has hand guards, check for cracks at the mounts.

You're good to go even if some of the above points are conflicting as they can be easily taken care of. Lastly, don't forget to transfer the insurance. Do post pictures whenever possible, congrats once again!
VR/46_Chet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 19:05   #317
BHPian

Amid the tension due to Covid-19 prevailing in the nation, I had something to be excited and happy for!!

Got my pre owned XPulse 200 this afternoon.
The bike has run 4,300 Kms till date and is in a pretty decent condition. No unusual sounds, no rusty rims, no visible marks indicating an accident.
The only negative is the bike was with the dealer since 15 days and he had missed the second service. This was found out after a quick visit to the service centre. The SA assured me that the bike is in a good condition and he gave me a service appointment for Monday morning.

Have taken this primarily for my daily commute of 50 kms in Mumbai traffic and WEH. The suspension makes the bike glide like a magic carpet on Mumbai's pothole filled roads. Overall really happy with the bike and hope I do not miss my (un)trustworthy Classic 350 which I sold off a year back.

Here are some pics of the bike.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-34c6b76d7d9b4981806c847c8cf13daf.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-40289c06eb714a2ea032e635035ecb1d.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-002fa3a47ac14e69b1e3c338db2852dd.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-e8b124c86e8749908e8de9324409af77.jpeg  

TheRajput is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 19:24   #318
BHPian

Quote:

Got my pre owned XPulse 200 this afternoon.
The bike has run 4,300 Kms till date and is in a pretty decent condition. No unusual sounds, no rusty rims, no visible marks indicating an accident.
Wow, the bike looks brand new and is indeed a good deal. Congrats.

Get rid of that saree guard, if you don't need it.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 20:17   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Wow, the bike looks brand new and is indeed a good deal. Congrats.

Get rid of that saree guard, if you don't need it.
Thanks!
Since this will be a replacement for my car commute, I'll be traveling to office with a lunch cum accessories bag instead of a backpack. So was figuring out suitable place to mount that bag and I think the saree guard would be needed to save it from coming in contact with the wheel.
Do I have any other options?
Old 14th March 2020, 20:41   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Do I have any other options?

The bike looks great! If the deal was indeed closed @ 95k, I'm guessing it came with the 1+4 instead of the 5 year comprehensive insurance, is it? Nothing to worry though. Also, did you get the handguards removed or it came without them?
To answer your question, I think any decent sized tank bag like the Rynox Magnapod / Optimus M etc. should do the job just fine. There are many options available in the market.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 21:09   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
The bike looks great! If the deal was indeed closed @ 95k, I'm guessing it came with the 1+4 instead of the 5 year comprehensive insurance, is it?.
Yes the bike came with 1+4 years insurance which will be transferred as soon as the RC comes to me.

Regarding the bag part, apologies for not framing my question correctly. I was looking for a way in which I can safely mount my existing handbag in which i carry my lunchboxes, phone charger and some small stuff.
Maybe a hook or a similar thing on the luggage rack
TheRajput is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 22:20   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe a hook or a similar thing on the luggage rack
In that case, simple bungee cords might help as well. Either that or a Givi / H&B universal top box inside which you can keep the bag safe when riding and your helmet once you get off.
Old 17th March 2020, 11:34   #323
BHPian

ABS Update:

I had received a call from the dealership within 48 hours after I DMed Hero on Twitter regarding the ABS issue last week. Today, I received a call again and was told that a new ABS unit has been made available and I should get the old one replaced as soon as possible. So while the news of ATE unit being replaced by MiniMAB unit might be wrong (as confirmed by BHPian ast.ggn), there's indeed a new unit that is replacing the old one. Whether or not it solves the issue remains to be seen. I will be visiting the SVC for second service in a couple of days and will get the unit replaced at the time.

Regarding the engine oil, it's one of the worst motorcycle oils I have ever come across and so I'm planning to change it to full synthetic. I read about Amsoil / Liqui Moly but they are neither readily available here nor can I have them delivered in time so I might just go for good old Motul instead. Any other suggestions regarding this are welcome.
Old 17th March 2020, 11:51   #324
BHPian

Quote:
ABS Update:
I read about Amsoil / Liqui Moly but they are neither readily available here nor can I have them delivered in time so I might just go for good old Motul instead. Any other suggestions regarding this are welcome.
Amsoil is available on Amazon, just take care of ordering 2 L as bike takes little above 1 L. You can use balance in the next replacement or as top up.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 12:33   #325
BHPian

Apart from a few numbers most of which correspond to individual parts (and hence ought to be different anyway), the old and new ABS units are of the same brand i.e. ATE.
I had done a bit of Google Search to come to think that MiniMAB is Continental's single channel ABS system whereas ATE is a different brand that provides a similar system. Clearly I was wrong -

Old:

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20200320121455.jpg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20200320121450.jpg

New:

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20200320115344.jpg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20200320115330.jpg

Will update later today if the new unit solves the issue or not.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 19:47   #326
BHPian

Happy to report that the ABS issue has been fixed. Would've been happier if it didn't affect the application of brake but I think it wasn't bled properly after changing the fluid. Now, I'm not only having to apply it twice as much, the bite doesn't feel the same as well. I hope bleeding the brake properly will solve this, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the pulsating issue, I tried as hard as I could on my usual route (where I would face the issue four to five times earlier), and it seems to be gone for good. No pulsating, no loss of braking power, nothing.

Lastly, some good news for those XPulse owners who were complaining about noisy / coarse engine:
Apparently a reworked Head is on its way. I was discussing common XPulse issues with the service manager today and he confirmed the same. He also added that it's going to take some time and he will call me once it's available.
I'm not sure if it's a reworked head or anything else and I won't buy too much into it until there's more confirmation, but whatever solves the issues...
VR/46_Chet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 20:00   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to report that the ABS issue has been fixed.
That's some great news finally. Any plans to get brake bleeding done soon, just to have a final closure of the topic?
Old 20th March 2020, 20:27   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Any plans to get brake bleeding done soon, just to have a final closure of the topic?
Actually, I could've done it today itself if not for the citywide lockdown that was announced in the afternoon. Lots of cops on the streets shutting down every shop that doesn't sell basic necessities - was the scene as I left the service center for home. Even the service center personnel were told to shut shop. I haven't got brake fluid at home either so brake bleeding can be done only after 31st March I guess.
Old 20th March 2020, 21:47   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to report that the ABS issue has been fixed.
As for the pulsating issue, I tried as hard as I could on my usual route (where I would face the issue four to five times earlier), and it seems to be gone for good. No pulsating, no loss of braking power, nothing.
That is awesome. My XPulse went for her first service, and I reported the problem to them. After some denial, they agreed that it was a problem. I asked them to contact Hero about the replacement unit and get back to me. After having dropped at the station, they called me and said that they had a unit in stock that they were planning to test out on the bike, but they weren't clear if it was indeed the replacement unit. They said they'd have to keep the bike for a day for testing and we could take delivery the next day. Due to COVID, we decided to postpone this since they themselves weren't sure about anything.
Quote:
Lastly, some good news for those XPulse owners who were complaining about noisy / coarse engine:
I don't think the engine is coarse, per se. The annoying noise (which is noticeably more in some bikes) is probably due to the tapet adjustment. Had talked with an owner who was researching about this on his own bike and has videos on YouTube. I will find and share them here.

My bike's running great. Odo is at around 570kms and the engine revs much more eagerly now. At the service station, she's quite the star, with technicians clicking photos astride the bike and stuff. Service staff were also really well-behaved.

I was chatting with one of the reception desk guys and he went a little too far when we talked about the BS6 model. According to him, the bike will be 1.80 lakhs, have a Duke 390 like "tab" as its console and will have switchable dual-channel ABS, along with the oil cooler that we all know of. The pics that have surfaced on the web show that the oil cooler and the exhaust with the added cat-con (and thus the revised bash plate design which looks ugly) are the only changes. I don't know where this guy got his info from, I just smiled.

Even if I do assume that he's right, it just doesn't make sense. 1.8l is too much for the bike, and no manufacturer in their right mind would make significant changes like the console to a bike which is less than a year old.

Here's a parting shot. She's a beauty, the photos don't always do justice.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-20200319_124352.jpg

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 00:11   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
I don't think the engine is coarse, per se. The annoying noise (which is noticeably more in some bikes) is probably due to the tapet adjustment.
Agreed. Even my XPulse came with incorrect valve clearances from the factory but after I got them rectified, there has been no extra noise till date. However, I know a few owners who have complained about having to adjust the tappet setting every 2.5-3k kms or so, which seems to be too short a duration for such a thing.

Quote:
Even if I do assume that he's right, it just doesn't make sense. 1.8l is too much for the bike
We'll see that in a few weeks as the XPulse BS6 is supposed to be launched in April if I'm not wrong. If I have to put a price on that one, I'd say a 10-15% hike sounds fair as well as obvious - and that gets it to ~1.6L with the 5 year comprehensive insurance.

Most Viewed