Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2020, 17:07   #391
BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Xpulse with the Rally kit. I couldn't get my feet on the ground.
If only they'd designed the tank like the impulse, people could have still retained the stock seat and not lost much in the way of usability.
Old 7th August 2020, 20:18   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The Rally seat is unforgivably high.
I’m 6’1 and it’s comfy , but it is pretty high for most . Retaining the original seat might help . Also the kit helps overcome the problem of the lower BS6 exhaust pipe. Excellent value for what you get IMO . Buy the kit , no other manufacturer will give you this combo with the price-quality of the components. Brilliant stuff hero-Honda,
Old 7th August 2020, 20:40   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
I’m 6’1 and it’s comfy , but it is pretty high for most . Retaining the original seat might help . Also the kit helps overcome the problem of the lower BS6 exhaust pipe. Excellent value for what you get IMO . Buy the kit , no other manufacturer will give you this combo with the price-quality of the components. Brilliant stuff hero-Honda,
The Rally kit is too much kit for my noob skills. That kind of suspension only makes sense at a motocross track where you will be jumping hoops and entertaining the ladies.

I am mostly a slow single track and trails guy. Even a regular Xpulse is great for what I do.

if I was in the market for one, I would get the package and start training myself in one of these for sure. But I have to live in a place I can do that fairly regularly... like Coorg for instance.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 20:15   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post

That's disappointing. I was hoping a bit less than double that...

What do you intend to do with your impulse?
Somehow missed your post

Very confused about the rally kit. Was going through the Fmsci guidelines and it would seem that a rally kit, Coz its oem and homologated should be considered stock equipment. But the rally folks I talk to say otherwise. Anyhow, got the mx seat done and slapped on a pair of ralco knobbies (3.5k a pair post tyre exchange). Let’s see how it feels. Excited for tomorrow’s ride. Will hopefully Be seeing @ast.ggn as well

And the weight saving is fine imo. Close to 10 kg is simply being greedy . People spend thousands on an exhaust and the weight saving is similar to what I have on the x post removal of bits n bobs

The impulse - sold it to a dear friend. So will get to ride it every now and then
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 13:29   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Very confused about the rally kit. Was going through the Fmsci guidelines and it would seem that a rally kit, Coz its oem and homologated should be considered stock equipment. But the rally folks I talk to say otherwise.
That's strange. Doesn't the fact that it's homologated for road use make it the same as being just another variant of the bike?

I guess it would help the case if hero launches something like a limited production "rally edition". That would also help lower costs for the consumer who has to invest in the kit after paying full price for the base bike.

Quote:
And the weight saving is fine imo. Close to 10 kg is simply being greedy .
I was hoping for 7 kgs but you're right. Gotta be happy with what you get when you get it for free. My stomach turns when I look at the cost of procuring lithium batteries and aluminium wheels.

I'm curious why you kept the secondary mudguard on the front though.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 9th August 2020 at 13:32.
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 11:38   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's strange. Doesn't the fact that it's homologated for road use make it the same as being just another variant of the bike?
Precisely!

Quote:
I'm curious why you kept the secondary mudguard on the front though.
Will probably come off post rains but no harm keeping it on there either methinks

Another pic of my X post seat mod and knobbies. The seat cost me 1k (I insisted that the existing seat cover was used) and the ralco knobbies were 3500 a pair post tyre exchange (I didn’t give up the tubes though and have kept them as spare)
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-76f91694c04543b58ab8a8a5d380924d.jpeg  

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 10th August 2020 at 11:46.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:12   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Will probably come off post rains but no harm keeping it on there either methinks
Looks sick. Where are you planning to put this to the best of use ?
Just wondering - do we have dedicated off road tracks near NCR just like we have 1 in bengaluru -> Big Rock Dirt Park
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:36   #398
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Just wondering - do we have dedicated off road tracks near NCR just like we have 1 in bengaluru -> Big Rock Dirt Park
Probably the Big Rock Dirt Park is bigger, but there is atleast one dedicated off-road track in Gurgaon. Link here - Moto Ranch.

There could be possible few more smaller tracks around Gurgaon/Faridabad which I am not too sure of.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:56   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
There could be possible few more smaller tracks around Gurgaon/Faridabad which I am not too sure of.
Off-Road adventure zone, few hundred metres ahead of Throttle (also called Oraz). There is another one right opposite side on main road, never been in there (near Teri). And we have Aravalis of course.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:35   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Looks sick. Where are you planning to put this to the best of use
Thanks!

I recommend that you check out this thread for details on how the xpulse will be used

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ps-advice.html (Offroad Riding - Tips & Advice)
Old 14th August 2020, 22:02   #401
BHPian

Really cool photo of the X-pulse - it says more about the bike than any writer could:

Photo from The Quint
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-thequint_202008_360db8f37b9e4935860d8192b322b332_04081_pti04_08_2020_000063b.jpg  

Motard_Blr is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 00:50   #402
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's a reworked head or anything else and I won't buy too much into it until there's more confirmation, but whatever solves the issues...
5 months and another service later, the tappet noise is still there and like I was told earlier, there IS a new (reworked?) head kit that's going to replace the current one. Hopefully, I'll get it done this Sunday and will update after I do. I have to say I'm a bit surprised no one here has posted about it yet.

Quote:
Picked up a used example last week for less than activa money. Incredible value, less than 3k km done
Congrats, Urban!
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 08:50   #403
BHPian

Quote:
The Rally kit is too much kit...... That kind of suspension only makes sense at a motocross track where you will be jumping hoops
Once you get a taste of that suspension there is no going back, it is a big difference. Only downside is the height making it difficult in day to day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
5 months and another service later, the tappet noise is still there. I have to say I'm a bit surprised no one here has posted about it.
No problems in my bike or few other people whom I have met. Or perhaps I don't know what tappet noise is and people are too busy thrashing it around.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:09   #404
BHPian

I'll be using my Xpulse for daily office commute of 50kms once the Mumbai monsoons are over. I have two upgrades in mind. One is the seat cushioning (I'm 5.11'' & can afford an increase of an inch or two in the seat height) and the other is the horn, as I find the horn a bit weak.
Any recommendations for this?
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:29   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
I'll be using my Xpulse for daily office commute of 50kms once the Mumbai monsoons are over. I have two upgrades in mind. One is the seat cushioning (I'm 5.11'' & can afford an increase of an inch or two in the seat height) and the other is the horn, as I find the horn a bit weak.
Any recommendations for this?
You can go in for a pair of Hi and lo tone horns-
https://www.amazon.in/Roots-Black-Fr...s%2C361&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.in/Roots-Vibromin...s%2C361&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.in/Denso-Compact-.../dp/B07KX1C8BH

If you are looking for OE-
1- Royal Enfield ones made by Minda
2- Bajaj Pulsar ones again I guess made by Minda
3- TVS Apache RTR, the best stock sounding horns I have come across
Will suggest not to go for those Trumpet or Red Grill horns, will be an overkill for City Driving plus will be a cop magnet, especially for a city like Mumbai.

PS- You mite have to install a relay to take care of the excess current being drawn.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 3rd September 2020 at 11:33.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks