Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2020, 17:16   #271
BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
So this happened yesterday. Meet Paula, named after the legendary Paulo Goncalves, who rode a certain white Hero as well.

But what I can say to you right now, is that she seems to be all the bike that I had ever dreamt of.

I will pen down a story after I properly get to take her off road. No riding now (almost), with board exams till 16th March.

As Doc ebonho says, "A bike always searches out its rider."

Neel

Let me first congratulate you on getting your hands on one of the most versatile bikes in this category / price range. The white shade looks very nice indeed.

Will be watching out for the upcoming posts related to your ownership of the Xpulse. Ride safe and hope you have already invested in a good set of riding gear.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 17:54   #272
BHPian

Good choice of bike. Congrats!

The white colour does look amazing. The practical side of it is it absorbs much less heat than other shades. For what it's worth, you won't have a scorching hot fuel tank when you're out riding in the sun.

Enjoy and ride safe.
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 19:09   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing stuff Neel. Please start your own thread for Paula, and make sure you document all your dirt rides in there! I am IN!

All the best for your boards as well. Am sure you will do well!

Last edited by Red Liner : 10th February 2020 at 19:10.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 12:37   #274
BHPian

Quote:
So this happened yesterday. Meet Paula,
Hearty congratulations on acquiring the bike, Neel! The seat looks really good the way it is but the first thing to do would be getting a seat cover as if you wash the bike otherwise, the seat takes quite a lot of time to dry.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 11:04   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So this happened yesterday. Meet Paula, named after the legendary Paulo Goncalves, who rode a certain white Hero as well.
Congratulations! This certainly makes for a wonderful first motorcycle. I look forward to your ownership thread. Your perspective will certainly be different from many of the usual ownership threads here and I am sure it will be a must read.

There are still a few bikes in the dealership here, I remember seeing some the last time I passed by. Let me see if I can check on availability of the BS4 and incoming BS6 bikes.

Quote:
She's not the colour that we originally wanted, but trust me, she looks stunning. I had never seen the white in person before, but now that I have, I wouldn't want it any other away. The pictures simply don't do any justice whatsoever.
I love the white, it certainly is a lovely colour for the Xpulse. I see a lot of Red Xpulses here, whites are rare.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 19:21   #276
BHPian

Here is a good deal from BigRock, Bangalore for off-roading enthusiasts:

Last edited by Romins : 12th February 2020 at 19:22. Reason: added URL
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 12:32   #277
BHPian

The Rally Kit is HERE! Thank you Hero!
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-screenshot_2020021812313701.jpeg
Credits: @iamabikerdotcom (Instagram)

EDIT: Just got to know that it's road legal. I'm jumping in excitement!

Sorry for the delay. I'll write a detailed post about Paula soon.

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 18th February 2020 at 12:37.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 12:35   #278
BHPian

Quote:
The Rally Kit is HERE!

EDIT: Just got to know that it's road legal. I'm jumping in excitement!
Finally. I wonder if the components will be separately available for purchase instead of having to buy the whole kit. I'm just interested in the suspension.

Since the exhaust is not part of the kit, I don't see anything in it that would make it not road legal. The dirt tires are going to be a pain for the roads though.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 18th February 2020 at 12:47.
drt_rdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 12:54   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Finally. I wonder if the components will be separately available for purchase instead of having to buy the whole kit. I'm just interested in the suspension.

Since the exhaust is not part of the kit, I don't see anything in it that would make it not road legal. The dirt tires are going to be a pain for the roads though.
Me too. I wonder if that suspension both front and rear can just be ported to the 390 adventure.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 12:57   #280
BHPian

Quote:

The exhaust was never supposed to be a part of the kit. That is why even I had hopes that this would be road legal, even after Hero officials claiming strictly that it won't be, at EICMA. They had said that it was going to be around the 50k mark, the rally kit, so amazing to see that they have undercut the price that they had set by a huge margin! That's a lot of kit for the price. I am now three times happier that we brought home Paula. I think this is the first time that we are seeing this kind of factory support for a bike in India. This is stuff that dreams are made of, honestly.

About the tires, having two sets of wheels should solve the issue. Timsuns or something along those lines for the week, the Maxxis knobbies for the weekend. My plan for the next few years is sorted.

EDIT: Here are the test bikes. Courtesy Vir Nakai, Instagram.
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-capture_20200218130040.png
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-capture_20200218130115.png

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 18th February 2020 at 13:02.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 13:30   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Me too. I wonder if that suspension both front and rear can just be ported to the 390 adventure.
Urban_Nomad has done just that on his duke 390, which he posted a pic of in the off-road thread. So, I suppose the adv390 R is just 38000 more rupees away. :

@petrolhead_neel: Always nice to see people happy with their decisions. Yeah, Hero is doing something amazing here for indian enthusiasts with the pricing on both the bike and the kit. IIRC, Yamaha offered a lot of factory support for the R15 to soup it up, but it was also very expensive.

The stock Ceat gripp XLs are good for normal everyday use. I like them and am still on a near bald pair on the impulse.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 18th February 2020 at 13:35.
drt_rdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 13:56   #282
BANNED

Quote:
I think this is the first time that we are seeing this kind of factory support for a bike in India.
Quote:
IIRC, Yamaha offered a lot of factory support for the R15 to soup it up, but it was also very expensive.
Indeed it was Yamaha, the kit if I recalled right was called the Daytona Racing Kit.

It was available for both the R15 and FZ16.

For some of the products(Exhaust, I presume) a waiver had to be signed on purchase that the particular product would only be used on the track.

Cheers,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 15:47   #283
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices of the sub-parts if installed separately -
  • Fully adjustable Front (60 mm Travel) & Rear (50 mm Travel) Suspension = INR 25,500.00
  • Maxxis Knobby Tyres F & R = INR 10,000.00
  • Flatter Seat (+110 mm seat height) = INR 2,000.00
  • Handlebar Risers (+40 mm) = INR 850.00
  • Extended Gear Pedal = INR 800.00
  • Extended Side Stand = INR 700.00
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 18:13   #284
BHPian

Bikewale article on the rally kit mentions a 12 tooth front sprocket. Autocar says rear sprocket. But there's nothing on this list.

In other news, BS6 version of the xpulse to come with an oil cooler... maybe it's going up a couple bhp to please the "but it's underpowered" crowd? The exhaust headpipe has also been rerouted towards the bottom to accommodate a bigger catcon. Weight is also likely to go up by a few kilos on an already overweight bike. Sounds like price hike might probably put it out of the VFM ballpark. That soon to be killed off carb variant looking very tasty now.... especially with the discounts.

https://www.bikewale.com/news/45417-...ndia-soon.html

Last edited by drt_rdr : 18th February 2020 at 18:19.
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 04:42   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Prices of the sub-parts if installed separately -
  • Fully adjustable Front (60 mm Travel) & Rear (50 mm Travel) Suspension = INR 25,500.00
Something wrong with the suspension travel numbers. Or is that additional travel over stock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks