Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 21:06   #4111
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Hi All,

Does the 2021 BS6 version have a USB port as a factory-fit accessory? if not, is it possible to retrofit the USB port thingy from the current version?

I vaguely recall about an accessory point being available but yet to figure out the location and what it could offer (assuming the point is available). Any pointers on this also highly appreciated.

thanks.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 23:04   #4112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi All,

Does the 2021 BS6 version have a USB port as a factory-fit accessory? if not, is it possible to retrofit the USB port thingy from the current version?

I vaguely recall about an accessory point being available but yet to figure out the location and what it could offer (assuming the point is available). Any pointers on this also highly appreciated.

thanks.
There is no USB port in 2021 models. However, there is an accessories socket in the wiring kit that can be found if you open the headlamp assembly. You can connect your accessory's wiring to that socket.
samcan123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 23:21   #4113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi All,

thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
There is no USB port in 2021 models. However, there is an accessories socket in the wiring kit that can be found if you open the headlamp assembly. You can connect your accessory's wiring to that socket.
I've hooked up the bobo mobile holder (which has a fast charger) directly to the battery. I'm not a big user of the charging feature so can't say whether this has been draining the battery or no.
I did consider opening the headlight dome and hooking up the wires to the free accessories socket but I was not confident about adding a connector which fit into the socket to the charger.
Took the easy way out, so far so good!
Fingers crossed.
jomson13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 07:45   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Does anyone know if the older BS4 models have the accessory socket too ? Installing a USB charger is the end objective for me too.
Old 29th November 2023, 10:42   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
Does anyone know if the older BS4 models have the accessory socket too ? Installing a USB charger is the end objective for me too.
Yes, it has. But you need the male socket, crimp the wires and insert it with the correct polarity. Only advantage is that the accessory fuse comes in this circuit.

You can refer DIY videos on YouTube for the installation. Lazy me, I carry a power bank!

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 29th November 2023 at 11:07.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 14:41   #4116
BHPian

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20231130_020317619.jpg

This bit here behind the rear brake foot pedal is meant to adjust the height of the brake pedal.

After loosening the lock nut, the height adjuster is supposed to move freely clockwise/anticlockwise and raise or lower the rear brake pedal.

Unfortunately, in my case, it refuses to move even after loosening the lock nut. For the last six months, whenever I have nothing to think of, my mind drifts to this height adjuster. I have tried pliers, adjustable wrenches, pipe wrenches. I have also tried penetrating oil and gently heating it up (in case it has threadlock). Doesn't budge, only gets new scuffs each time.

ASC has also thrown their hands up and said this adjustment is a myth constructed in your head and this part is not meant to move (easily disproved by YouTube).

Any bright ideas? TIA.
ostrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 17:37   #4117
BHPian

Has anyone for Fork gaitors replaced? Mine are torn now and looking to get new ones. However, the RE OE spare shop on JC road in B'lore doesn't have them and Koramangala motors said RE doesn't make them anymore
I pointed to a latest Int650 and he changed to "Sir, check at the showroom"
Old 1st December 2023, 10:26   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
Has anyone for Fork gaitors replaced? Mine are torn now and looking to get new ones.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
I had removed the front fork gaiters form the bike as it had cracked. I had a placebo that the oil seal was busted without them! I picked up new gaiters from RE Viman Nagar ASC on the way to Hyperion.

They're rather affordable at Rs. 135 per piece. But keep in mind they don't provide the metal fastener rings with this. Luckily I had preserved my old ones while removing the torn gaiters.
Yes, I've replaced them. Check my post here (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)
But it's a pain to install them so I got it installed during my fork oil change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Iyer View Post
I have also recently installed the NGK iridium spark plugs but without the cable kit. If you are using the iridium plugs alone (without the cable kit), then you need to use CR7EIX. If you want to use it with the cable kit, then use with CR8EIX.
Could you please share some more details, what's the difference?

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 11:45   #4119

Quote:
Yes, I've replaced them. Check my post here (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)
But it's a pain to install them so I got it installed during my fork oil change!

Could you please share some more details, what's the difference?

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
As far as my knowledge, the CR7 is to be used with the stock cable setup since its similar to the heat range of the stock Bosch spark plug.
The CR8 is to be used with the cable kit only, since the cables have lesser resistance.

This info is based on what i've read about. I could be wrong.

I am currently using the CR7 with the stock cables and the bikes runs fine. No issues due to it. The throttle fells alot crispier.

The CR7 plugs alone would cost you about 1.5k. If you plan to go for the CR8 + cable kit, it would cost you about 5k
Dr.Iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 12:06   #4120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Iyer View Post
As far as my knowledge, the CR7 is to be used with the stock cable setup since its similar to the heat range of the stock Bosch spark plug.
The CR8 is to be used with the cable kit only, since the cables have lesser resistance.
Ok, so if I comprehend it simply, I'm not utilizing the full potential of the low resistance lead wires kit with the CR7 Iridium plugs.

I'm yet to hear from BikenBiker as to why they send CR9 instead of CR8 in the first place!

Thanks Dr.
surjaonwheelz
Old 1st December 2023, 12:09   #4121

Quote:
Ok, so if I comprehend it simply, I'm not utilizing the full potential of the low resistance lead wires kit with the CR7 Iridium plugs.

I'm yet to hear from BikenBiker as to why they send CR9 instead of CR8 in the first place!

Thanks Dr.
surjaonwheelz
Yes, probably.
CR8 would be best suited for you, since you have the cable kit
Old 3rd December 2023, 09:03   #4122
BHPian

My BS4 Interceptor 650 is still running on the original Pirelli Sportcomp tyres and the time has finally come to get a new set of tyres. The bike already has a set of OEM alloy wheels, so tubeless tyres are what is needed.

What is the general feedback on the Vredentein Centauro front/rear pair ? Usage is low and mostly restricted to weekend short and medium range rides (a few hundred kms at maximum).

Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2023, 14:40   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
My BS4 Interceptor 650 is still running on the original Pirelli Sportcomp tyres and the time has finally come to get a new set of tyres. The bike already has a set of OEM alloy wheels, so tubeless tyres are what is needed.

Thanks.
Could you please share at what mileage did you change your Pirellis?
Old 4th December 2023, 19:48   #4124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiuday View Post
Has anyone taken delivery or recently booked Interceptor? I’ve done my booking for Black ray, via RE app on the 21st November, thinking it’ll take 2 months for delivery but the tentative/ promised date shows 6th December which is just 15 days. Are the deliveries happening quickly nowadays?
I had ordered my Interceptor via the RE app's MIY option on 30th December 2022. The tentative date of delivery was shown as 5th January 2023. I jumped with joy on seeing this, rang the dealer (Company Store in BLR), only to be told that they give a date to online bookings 'just like that' and promised me no certain dates, and said we will call you once the bike arrives.

I did get a call from the store on 3rd February that the bike has arrived, when frankly I wasn't expecting it to arrive in at least 3-4 months' time, having read the wait time on various forums.

Interestingly enough, the RE app still shows the delivery date as 5th January 2023 as of few mins back

Keep pestering your dealership, and I'm sure, you will get your hands and swing your legs around your steed fairly soon! Happy riding!
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 21:11   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
I had ordered my Interceptor via the RE app's MIY option on 30th December 2022.

Interestingly enough, the RE app still shows the delivery date as 5th January 2023 as of few mins back

Keep pestering your dealership, and I'm sure, you will get your hands and swing your legs around your steed fairly soon! Happy riding!
I am just hopeful of the same now, especially knowing that mine was pushed to the 6th of March, 2024 from the earlier stated Dec 6th, 2023 as shown in the app. Went to the Company store Hyd with whom I’ve my booking but they say it takes anywhere between 3 to 5 months while rarely there’s a probability of receiving earlier and I was questioning my choice of booking with Company store without reaching out to other dealers in the city.

In other aspects of receiving the customer, sharing information and providing an extended test ride at my home, they just nailed it. Will keep pestering them to let me know if they receive one and pushed off by other customer as this being year end, people tend to go with the next year manufactured vehicle which is not a big deal for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks