Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 14:45   #1096

Re: How many bikers in here and what do you ride?

Here is my list:

Learnt riding on LML Vespa and Kinetic Honda
RX 135 in the year 2000 (First bike and still with me)
Shogun
RE TB v1
Suzuki Fiero
RE TB v2
RD 350 (not owned)
Yezdi 250
Suzuki Access
RE TB Twinspark (daily ride)
Honda Dio (for casual outings)
KTM 390 coming soon......
Old 14th June 2013, 21:26   #1097
BHPian

Learnt riding on Dad's Bajaj Super, which he sold in 2011 after having bought it in 1987!
Uncle's Kinetic Luna 1992-94
Brother's Hero Honda Splendor (2001-2003)
Pulsar 180 (2003-2009) Owned and clocked 52K KMs, sold.
Pulsar 150 (2010- ) Cousin's...
Old 8th April 2015, 21:03   #1098
BHPian

Story of My Life & My Bikes!!

Hello All,

I have been dreaming about bikes since the day I could differentiate between bikes & other vehicles. Bikes have been my first love, my first crush and my first and the biggest motivation. I dreamt of owning the most powerful of the bikes, specially the faired ones. I still do.

God had different plans though, my dreams were big, and pockets were small. Those were days when I could not even afford a cycle, I used to walk down to my school till I was gifted/donated a cycle by loving relative. My college fees were paid by a trust.

Time passed by, I passed my 10th boards. By this time, Dad had bought a second hand Bajaj Chetak. A new bike was a distant dream; forget superbikes. I knew I had to do something to support my dream, to support my family. I joined a readymade garments showroom as a sales boy, my first salary 2000.00 INR. My family knew how desperate I was to own a bike, they love me and I am grateful to have such a loving family, touchwood. Now that I had a job, my Paa(That’s what I call my father), arranged some money to be paid as a down payment and that’s how he bought me a new bike, the first ever new vehicle of my life, I was 18 then. It was Hero Honda CD Dawn, 100 CC, common man’s bike. I got its handle bar changed to that of Bullet, to customize it to a better looking bike. A friend had got his Fiero’s horn changed, and was about to throw away his stock horn. I grabbed it, and used it. It sounded awful, but gave my bike a different character. I was trying to keep pace with the world, in my own way.

Time flew by, I kept working. My job upgraded to an office boy at a Chartered Accountant’s office from a sales boy, I learnt accounting, and later on used this learning to grab few more part time accountant jobs. I used to leave at morning 09:00 and return back by night 09:00 PM shuffling between 3 jobs. My salary increased from 2000.00 INR to 8000.00 INR. It was time for an upgrade, Pulsar was a rage then, and obviously was too common. I chose Yamaha Fazer (The older Fazer not the faired one) over Pulsar. 125CC, and looked good too. I was happy.

Yamaha Fazer, I loved the way it looked. Gem of an engine.
How many bikers in here and what do you ride?-bike.jpg

Come 2007, I had completed my graduation. I never went to a college, except for appearing for the exams(This explains why I am not good at English). I could not study much, because of obvious reasons. I had heard, if you want to be a millionaire Mumbai is the place. One fine day, I let Paa know that I wanted to move to Mumbai to earn money. He has been very supportive throughout my life and he let me go then too. Mumbai was not that supportive, and contrary to my belief I did not earn much. I worked hard, slept hungry at times; I still could not earn much. Whatever I earned, a part of it was saved for my future bike. Fazer was being used by Paa, as that was the only vehicle in the house. Four years went by; I walked for kilometers at a stretch, used trains, buses, slept hungry, did not buy clothes, wore used clothes, and lost a tooth because I did not want to spend money on it (This story some other day) waiting for my time, waiting for my calling. There were times, when I even thought of ending my life on those not so famous Mumbai Local Train tracks, thanks to my bonding with my parents I could not.

One fine day, God smiled at me. I got a job in Pune with an IT company. It was March’2011. All this years I was working as an accountant, and had gathered a good knowledge, on basis of which I got this job in Pune. The salary they were offering was four times than what I was earning then.
“Learn things, you will never regret, sooner or later you will get the results.”
It was time to get myself a new ride, a new life. I had saved a good amount of money by now in my “New Bike Kitty”. I saved for another two months, and off I went to book my third bike, Bajaj Avenger it was. Initial few days, I could not believe that I owned such a big bike. A big bike, by my then standards at least. I used this bike for four years. She was the one who helped me find my better half in Pune. Got married, she was there. Bought a car, she was there. 2015, the good old itch of a bigger bike resurfaced, I sold my Avenger on 10th March 2015.

That is My Avenger, another gem of a machine. Loved every bit of it.
How many bikers in here and what do you ride?-img_20150201_123708493.jpg

I have started saving for my next big bike, I don’t know which bike would it be, I don’t know when would I be able to buy the next bike. I don’t know how many years I will have to wait. One thing I know for sure is, I will not die before I have a beast in my garage, a beast bigger than my dreams, bigger than my resources, bigger than my problems.

I will keep updating this thread, as and when any thought crosses my mind regarding my next bike. For now, I am awaiting for the launch of Yamaha R25 & Pulsar 400SS. I also like RC390 and am also contemplating RE Classic 500. I have one year before I could save enough money, till then I will keep dreaming, will keep hoping.

My life has been way more interesting than what you could imagine from this thread, I could not write it all.

I must tell you, I have no regrets. I have again taken up studies to complete what I could not earlier. I have lived a life which only few get the privilege of living. It has been a roller coaster ride. Today, I am stronger than I ever was. In the end, never give up on your dreams. If this thread inspires even one soul to not give up, I shall consider my job done.

P.S.:Unfortunately, I did not own a camera when I had CD Dawn so no photographs of her.

Cheers,
Ashish

Last edited by Engine_Roars : 8th April 2015 at 21:20.
Engine_Roars is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 22:33   #1099
BHPian

Wow! That's a touching life story of yours mate! It moved me and I feel happy for where you are at now!
I want to tell you to hold onto that dream of yours because dreams actually come true. I can identify myself with your story and can place myself in your slippers, if not your shoes. Couple of years ago, if you'd tell me that I'd own a Ninja 250 and a Fiesta, I'd simply laugh at you. Yet, they adore my garage now and I proudly tell everyone that these are my best investments.
Keep up the dream mate, they do come true and I hope that you find the bike of your dreams.
PS: If you are like me, then i'll recommend the Ninja cz it'll serve you for life!
Porschefire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 22:51   #1100
BHPian

Re: Story of My Life & My Bikes!!

Ashish I am moved by your 'bike-biography' man! I really wish to see you on your dream bike much much sooner than later. Do keep this thread live.

And yes consider your job done, because after reading this I am inspired to not to give up.
All the very best

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 23:05   #1101
BHPian

I was very moved and inspired - Thanks for sharing.

I came from a really lower middle class family too - I bought all my cars and bikes after I started earning. (By God's Grace, I have been able to afford some good things in life, since past few years)

Hope you find your next (two wheeler) steed soon!

PS:- Btw, your English is very good!
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 00:06   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I can identify myself with your story and can place myself in your slippers, if not your shoes.Keep up the dream mate, they do come true and I hope that you find the bike of your dreams.
PS: If you are like me, then i'll recommend the Ninja cz it'll serve you for life!
Thanks for the wishes Porschefire. The "Slippers" reference was bang on. Those were the times when I had one pair of shoe and those were reserved to make me look presentable in the office. Everywhere else, slippers were the only option. To this day, I feel more comfortable in slippers, shoes suffocate me . Though, I have been lucky enough to acquire a wardrobe of shoe, I still like putting on slippers every now and then.

I love Ninja, but for now I will have to let it pass as it is way beyond my budget. If all goes as planned, one day I will definitely end up owning this beast too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Ashish I am moved by your 'bike-biography' man! I really wish to see you on your dream bike much much sooner than later. Do keep this thread live.

And yes consider your job done, because after reading this I am inspired to not to give up.
All the very best

-Bhargav
Glad that my story inspired you. I am obliged. Thank you so very much for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I was very moved and inspired - Thanks for sharing.

I came from a really lower middle class family too - I bought all my cars and bikes after I started earning. (By God's Grace, I have been able to afford some good things in life, since past few years)

Hope you find your next (two wheeler) steed soon!

PS:- Btw, your English is very good!
You are modest enough to give all the credit to God but I would like to give the credit to your hard work Sir. I wish you all the success in your life and may you have/own all the things you desire for.

Thank you for your compliment for my "English", but I do feel that I lack somewhere, specially when I come across people like we have in here. I do not even stand anywhere close, hopefully I will learn .
Old 9th April 2015, 00:31   #1103
BHPian

A touching and inspiring story indeed. May God bless you with all the goodies in your life you desire. I got emotional and was literally crying after reading your story. I did remember my hard times but nowhere near to what you have described. You did inspire me a lot. Thankyou.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 09:47   #1104
Senior - BHPian

A very heart touching story. You have struggled right from the beginning to reach at a good position right now and believe me, it's people like you who really know the value of money. My parents have been very supportive and till my first job my parents supported me with all my bike purchases starting from a victor,Pulsar 150,Unicorn, a 220 and finally a ZMA. No I was not the typical rich spoit brat . I took care of the bikes very well. Untill 2 months back I sold the ZMA and bought the first bike from my hard earned money a CL 500 dessert storm,a dream come true of owning a Bullet since my childhood.

Wishing you all the very best for your purchase. I am based in Pune too and hope to meet one day to see your dream purchase.

P.S- I wanted to own a Superbike and your story has just motivated me to pursue my dreams.Thanks again for penning down such a motivating story.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 9th April 2015 at 09:51.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 10:36   #1105
BHPian

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for penning down this wonderful tale of inspiration. Your story inspired me a lot. I can relate to my Dad's story after reading yours. While you had a supportive father, my Dad didn't have one from a very young age (my current age). He now runs his own company, rides a Bullet, and booked a Ford Classic 1.6. He still dreams, of course!

Your story was a head turner for me. It made me realize that one need not be born with a silver spoon in his mouth to pursue his dreams. Please keep updating this lovely thread. I am sure that your parents are proud of you.

Bikes. They are things closest to my heart. My family has never owned a car till now, so I was brought up riding bikes (pillion of course). I grew up from a new born to a baby to a toddler to a school goer with a Piaggio Vespa which is 30 years old now. Then came a Honda CB Twister, with the help of which I bonded with bikes. It was like my CB1000R. And in 2014, came the beauty, the beast--Royal Enfield Classic 350. Enjoying her to the fullest.

Keep revvin', writing and living,
petrolhead_neel

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th April 2015 at 06:19. Reason: typo corrected
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 10:53   #1106
BHPian

One word, Respect!!
Your writing shows how passionate and motivated you are to attain your goal!! Wish you good luck!!

With thanks and regards
glomus123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 11:20   #1107
BHPian

Ashish,

Bro, your post moved me to tears!. I just felt as if i went 20 years down my life - remembering all the struggles and sacrifices, hurt and pain you endure to save. There's something about this particular post that attracts you and keeps you glued. Thank you very much for sharing your part of life and passion. I guess that's what keeps us going.

More than anything else, its that genuine honesty and passion that tops this post. I haven't read anything heart touching till date like this. If given a chance, i would rate this thread a million stars!!

God bless you bro!!

Happy Riding,
Trumpet
trumpet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 16:10   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
A touching and inspiring story indeed. May God bless you with all the goodies in your life you desire. I got emotional and was literally crying after reading your story. I did remember my hard times but nowhere near to what you have described. You did inspire me a lot. Thankyou.

Thank you for your kind words. Glad that my story inspired you, that was precisely the intention. Sorry for making you cry though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for penning down this wonderful tale of inspiration. Your story inspired me a lot.

Keep revvin', writing and living,
petrolhead_neel
Glad that you liked it. Your Dad is a brave man. Feels good to know about people like him. He must be proud to have a son like you, when I was your age I could never pen my thoughts the way you do.

Congratulations for your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomus123 View Post
One word, Respect!!
Your writing shows how passionate and motivated you are to attain your goal!! Wish you good luck!!

With thanks and regards

Thanks Mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
Ashish,

Bro, your post moved me to tears!. I just felt as if i went 20 years down my life - remembering all the struggles and sacrifices, hurt and pain you endure to save. There's something about this particular post that attracts you and keeps you glued. Thank you very much for sharing your part of life and passion. I guess that's what keeps us going.

More than anything else, its that genuine honesty and passion that tops this post. I haven't read anything heart touching till date like this. If given a chance, i would rate this thread a million stars!!

God bless you bro!!

Happy Riding,
Trumpet
Thank you for your kind words. I could not write it all, have lots and lots to share. It has been hell of a ride. I had tears in my eyes when I was trying to recall things while writing this thread. Thank you again for appreciating.

Last edited by Engine_Roars : 9th April 2015 at 16:13.
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 17:21   #1109
BHPian

People call them 'machines', 'metal', '2 wheels', etc etc etc.
And here we have a story, a story so monumentally inspirational. I hope and pray that you own and be served by the most powerful 2 wheeled beast that the world has one day. I hope your story inspires every person who dream, to dare to drive towards the dream as well.

Slippers or shoes, dreams are meant to be chased.

Kudos to you, your determination, your willingness, your love for your dear ones and to your passion towards the 2 wheeled grin generators.

Sticking to the topic,

I rode a Yamaha blue 2008 R15 since 2008 till now. I don't own it. it belongs to my brother.
I have just bought my first machine last month on my 27th, the Kawasaki Z800. Living the dream as of now
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 21:58   #1110
BHPian

Please do put up your ownership experience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks